Sponsored by:

991 GT3 release date

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman Dudinov
Are you waiting for GT3 yourself? I can see you have attempted to make some sort of it out of your C2S with sports suspension, bucket seats etc. I wanted to do the same thing with my 991 by opting for PCCB, S-PASM, bucket seats and Cup aerokit. But then I thought that it is may be not a good idea for me trying to make GT3 out of C2S as it still won't become one but comfort would be heavily compromised.
I'm first on the waiting list for a 991 GT3 at my dealer. I do autocross my C2S, so the sport buckets, SPASM, etc are useful, yet IMO don't compromise the car on the street. Now, I no longer need a car to commute to work, and besides I have 2 other capable cars for daily driving so I want my 911 to be more track oriented but still suitable for the street; hence the GT3.

If I were in your situation, I might be inclined to stay with the S model as a daily driver, see how your finances work out, and if things go as you plan, you can add the GT3/GT2 later. If they don't, you will still have a verstatile, fast, yet comfortable car in the 991 S for all around driving.

FWIW, since you and Betternotbigger mentioned Guards Red, it's at the top of my color choices for the new GT3...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I'm first on the waiting list for a 991 GT3 at my dealer. I do autocross my C2S, so the sport buckets, SPASM, etc are useful, yet IMO don't compromise the car on the street. Now, I no longer need a car to commute to work, and besides I have 2 other capable cars for daily driving so I want my 911 to be more track oriented but still suitable for the street; hence the GT3.

If I were in your situation, I might be inclined to stay with the S model as a daily driver, see how your finances work out, and if things go as you plan, you can add the GT3/GT2 later. If they don't, you will still have a verstatile, fast, yet comfortable car in the 991 S for all around driving.

FWIW, since you and Betternotbigger mentioned Guards Red, it's at the top of my color choices for the new GT3...
Great choice, Mike. Guards rocks.

BnB
Old 05-30-2012, 04:30 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Betternotbigger
Great choice, Mike. Guards rocks.
+1

Agreed
Old 06-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case anybody is concerned. Autocar just posted on their website that 991 GT3 is going to be first shown in March '13 Geneva motor-show due to reliable insider. First official orders to be taken around this time as well. Power will be up by about 15bhp.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 136 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Roman Dudinov
In case anybody is concerned. Autocar just posted on their website that 991 GT3 is going to be first shown in March '13 Geneva motor-show due to reliable insider. First official orders to be taken around this time as well. Power will be up by about 15bhp.
Here is the actual link for those who are interested:

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/sc...gt3-get-450bhp

There are still a lot of "is likely to", "hinted", "claimed", and "about" references in the article, as opposed to hard facts but it does advance the rumors further, especially about the timeline. One phrase I found particularly interesting was, "The new GT3 looks set to be powered by the latest evolution of Porsche’s motorsport-derived normally aspirated 3.8-litre flat six....." Motorsport derived? Is this just magazine speak, or are they referring to a new version of the Mezger, or.....?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Such a long time to wait, though.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:58 PM
JMon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any newer information on this?
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JMon
Any newer information on this?
No new information.

People on forum sites have decided to wait until the facts have been confirmed.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
No new information.

People on forum sites have decided to wait until the facts have been confirmed.
Whew...that's great news. I was getting sick of all the rumors.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:13 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

deliveries like a year from now at best

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 release date