Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1400 miles in 3 days........ A 991 Review.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcam
Hey Riley- looking forward to seeing pictures of your car. Sounds a lot like mine- white really does look great on the 991. Whenever I want a sporty drive, I usually head for the NC mountains. However, 3 weeks ago we were at our beach place (like yours in Wrightsville Beach) for the Azalea Festival and the local Porsche Club, Hurricane Region had a group drive out in the country. We went toward White lake and back and it was a blast. Very flat but fast two lane roads, nothing but farms, 55 mph which felt fast going 10 over and barely saw another car (lots of tractors and friendly waves though). My last car had the manual sport seats and I missed the mirror down feature so got the 14 way power seats this time. Not a big deal, I'm sure. Like an idiot, I forgot to order satellite radio in my car... Oh well.
there is always that one option we forget/etc

Originally Posted by Abby Normal
Got it.
sorry to be brash,

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I think the critical feature is that the Sport Plus seats aren't fully power, with manual fore/aft adjusment. My guess is Porsche didn't think it was worth having memory for partially manual seats.
they are def worth the loss then, best seats i've ever sat in (the carbon buckets used to win, but lack of adjustments makes them not as comfortable)
Old 03-07-2013, 09:08 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Great car rijowysock. Just came across your post and pic. I just ordered a lightly optioned base carrera myself, also white, and also with stock 19" wheels powdercoated in black. Still have to decide if i want to go high glos, satin or matte black. Do you have the stock wheel/center caps, or did you opt for the colored porsche logo wheel/center caps ?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad you brought this thread back up because it was a great review of the base car which I overlooked. Also....how did no one comment on the threesome picture posted in the thread lol? Did that come standard with your 991 or does it cost extra?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
Glad you brought this thread back up because it was a great review of the base car which I overlooked. Also....how did no one comment on the threesome picture posted in the thread lol? Did that come standard with your 991 or does it cost extra?

photobucket error... i need to correct that.. they have been changing their site for a while now.. annoying.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 PM
carsrmyvice
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
photobucket error... i need to correct that.. they have been changing their site for a while now.. annoying.
Haha that's hilarious. Thanks for taking the time to do this write up though. Helped me out.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by carsrmyvice
Haha that's hilarious. Thanks for taking the time to do this write up though. Helped me out.
they are gone now... glad it helped!... i really liked the 991. but just need it to be faster.. new GT3 seems to fit the build.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bccars
Great car rijowysock. Just came across your post and pic. I just ordered a lightly optioned base carrera myself, also white, and also with stock 19" wheels powdercoated in black. Still have to decide if i want to go high glos, satin or matte black. Do you have the stock wheel/center caps, or did you opt for the colored porsche logo wheel/center caps ?
i wish i went colored crest caps.. i liked my wheels satin, gloss gets dirty and matte looks dirty. satin looks.... satin.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:22 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Good info ! I better spec the color crested asap ! Matte black is out. Swaying from gloss to satin now :-)

GT3 will be a monster !
Old 03-08-2013, 08:33 AM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i wish i went colored crest caps.. i liked my wheels satin, gloss gets dirty and matte looks dirty. satin looks.... satin.
The good news is they're one of the simplest items to retrofit, and won't cost much. In fact, my local dealer has quoted me a lower price as an after-fit than if I order it with my new car.

Quick Reply: 1400 miles in 3 days........ A 991 Review.