Sponsored by:

Carrera vs Carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 05:12 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyRob
The "S" tire is a little wider and it really squealed when I took it through the wash. In fact was amazed the tire made it into the wash track.
This woldn't be related to tire issues, would it? A member on 6 had a chunk come out of his inner tire wall at a wash.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 PM
IndyRob
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car wash didn't cause the flats, the car wash track holds the driver side tires, both flats were front passenger side.

June 18 Build:
2013 Cab, White, Red Leather, Burmester, Stick, SportExhaust

Sold:
2012 991S, Black PDK, (flat tire city)
2009 Targa 4S, Black, PDK (hope they build again)
2009 Boxster S, Aqua, PDK (shouldn't have test drove, started whole addiction)

Last edited by IndyRob; 05-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cmb13
I'm considering a Carrera vs. a Carrera S. With the price of this vehicle, I'd just as soon forgo the S for the extra $14k. I plan on keeping the car for a good long while. I'm wondering if I would even notice a difference between the two.

On the one hand, I very much enjoy driving and would be buying this car for its dynamics and for the fun to drive factor. I would hate to spend close to $100k and find I made the wrong choice by skimping on the extra $14k.

On the other hand, I don't race, don't go to the track, and don't street race. I really don't care about bragging rights. So, if the Carrera feels similar, and the only difference is in the 0-60 times, I'd be just as well off with the base model.

Has anyone driven both? I'd love to hear from those who have purchased the base model to see if there are any regrets. Thoughts?
Here is one other thing to consider in the equation, the new Boxster S has the same engine (with a more restrictive exhaust) and matches the performance of the regular Carrera while killing it from the looks standpoint. I would say skip the Carrera all together and get a Boxster S if you want to save the dollars; otherwise pay the extra for a Carrera S.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:09 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 GT3
Here is one other thing to consider in the equation, the new Boxster S has the same engine (with a more restrictive exhaust) and matches the performance of the regular Carrera while killing it from the looks standpoint. I would say skip the Carrera all together and get a Boxster S if you want to save the dollars; otherwise pay the extra for a Carrera S.
That is a problem right there.

Not sure on the boxster looking better tho... but to each his own.

Quick Reply: Carrera vs Carrera S