Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEXY!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rij- I was waiting to compare your review of your new 991 and compare it to the EVO review. I'm not so sure any more. j/k
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Hmm... more like fugly!

Although I agree that SOMETHING is needed to make 991 look *sporty*, you'd never know this MASSIVE car is a sports car... I think the best option is the ductail, and sporty exterior/interior colors, there was one build here that looked good, but it was $$$, and that's the problem with 991, to make it look sporty, you just gotto drop ****eload of cash!
Originally Posted by Carrara
Look, I'm a classic 911 guy to the core, but to say the 991 is massive and doesn't look like a sports car is crazy. I'm not a big fan of the 991, but is it massive compared to other 911s, yes. Is it massive compared to other sports cars, absolutely not it is tiny.
Alex is very much into hyperbole. I am not sure if he uses it for shock value or if he ...... well, I'll leave it at that.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:28 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Oh FCOL Alex , it's lower and only 2 inches longer than your car. Regardless of one's opinion about the 991, it's this kind of MASSIVE (to use your term) hyperbole that drives some people nuts (ok me), not reasonable subjective opinions. Give it a rest. Can't you comment on the wing without slamming the car; again? I mean, it's pathalogical. BTW, I agree about the wing; it's way too much for a garden variety 911, 991 or otherwise.
Add me to that ^ list, Mike! Good call out. It may be time to activate the Ignore List!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

It looks weird, (actually almost any backdating or any attempt to upgrade an older car with facelifted or next model parts does look weird) but this cup based RS wing is damn functional. Combined with a front lip, and they could turn a 991 from a near zero lift car to a downforce producing one.

For a track junkie, that can't wait for the 991GT3, this is a step in the right direction.

That said, and judging by the wheels and location, this looks more like a CnC /show car. In that case also, form follows function only that the function is vanity or sales. : )
Old 04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Oh FCOL Alex , it's lower and only 2 inches longer than your car. Regardless of one's opinion about the 991, it's this kind of MASSIVE (to use your term) hyperbole that drives some people nuts (ok me), not reasonable subjective opinions. Give it a rest. Can't you comment on the wing without slamming the car; again? I mean, it's pathalogical. BTW, I agree about the wing; it's way too much for a garden variety 911, 991 or otherwise.
Oh oh... hit a nerve?

Ok, I take *massive* back, let's say LARGER, how's that? I honestly saw one the other day from a distance and it took me a while to recognize it, the wider front, new Panamera-like headlights, and larger wheelbase just makes it look/feel a lot bigger (while driving it also feels a lot bigger)... it for sure needs a wing, and sporty treatments to stand out as a sports car.

As I said, there was a nice White built posted earlier with ductail that looked good, and I think ductail is a MUST OPTION for 991.

To OP: Not sure if your order is in, but look inot the ductail option, it totally changes the character of the car.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Oh oh... hit a nerve?
Alex, please, get help......
Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Alex, please, get help......
Jeez... I indeed hit a nerve! It's just a forum Mike, that's all.

Why do you care soooo much about what I or others say about 991? If you indeed believe 991 is the greatest Porsche ever made, then who cares, right? Me and many others DO NOT LIKE it, and YOU and many others, DO! We voice our differences here and that's all! I strongly believe 991 doesn't look/feel as sporty and needs at minimum a wing to stand out, and that's my honest opinion! I acutally like the ductail on 991, wish it was offered in 997, ok, take that! One positive...

I am almost done work, and going to crack a beer with colleagues, cheers to all Porsche drivers, from 911 to 991!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 844 Likes on 573 Posts

Agree 100%. That's ridiculous. It's actually lighter and lower than a 997. And much lighter than a 4wd one. To go on and on, is bordering on.... I'll bite my tongue.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Jeez... I indeed hit a nerve! It's just a forum Mike, that's all.

Why do you care soooo much about what I or others say about 991? If you indeed believe 991 is the greatest Porsche ever made, then who cares, right? Me and many others DO NOT LIKE it, and YOU and many others, DO! We voice our differences here and that's all! I strongly believe 991 doesn't look/feel as sporty and needs at minimum a wing to stand out, and that's my honest opinion! I acutally like the ductail on 991, wish it was offered in 997, ok, take that! One positive...

I am almost done work, and going to crack a beer with colleagues, cheers to all Porsche drivers, from 911 to 991!
You keep hitting on it Alex, that's the problem. I love a good reasoned argument, it's the repetitive over-the-top stuff, contributing nothing to the discourse except perhaps to get a rise, that bugs me. Clearly a weakness on my part.

Cheers to you and enjoy your beer; hell, have several.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cole328
I normally agree with all of your posts...however, are you out of your mind here? (or just joking)?
lol... i think the 991 lends itself nicely to the wing... i cant wait for the GT series 991
Old 04-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=alexb76;9482189 but it was $$$, and that's the problem with 991, to make it look sporty, you just gotto drop ****eload of cash![/QUOTE]

It looks way sportier and more like a supercar than the 997 at any amount of cash.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
SSST
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That wing clearly wasn't designed for that car. Please take it off.

I too am looking forward to seeing how they treat the wings on the 991 GT series.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Tough crowd!

The law considers intent before action. If the intent of this monstrosity is to run matching springs and dampers with chin splitter and canards, slicks and excess weight stripped out -- two thumbs up. If it's for show on the street -- then the boo's and jeers are in order.

Looks okay to me (I'm bracing myself for an especially fugly 991.1 GT3 that will only wish it looks this good ...) I'm afraid that in the context of the hairy chested super hero RS 4.0 with a GT1 heart of 500hp gold (being asked to wear ludicrous stickers and ***** house red cabin trim, but all easily deleted) the 991.1 GT3 will look like a transvestite S&M dungeon queen wearing an electric strap-on *****.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Tough crowd!

(I'm bracing myself for an especially fugly 991.1 GT3 that will only wish it looks this good ...) I'm afraid that in the context of the hairy chested super hero RS 4.0 with a GT1 heart of 500hp gold (being asked to wear ludicrous stickers and ***** house red cabin trim, but all easily deleted) the 991.1 GT3 will look like a transvestite S&M dungeon queen wearing an electric strap-on *****.
Talk about a tough crowd. Tell us what you really think! If the 991 GT3 ends up looking like something close to these renderings I won't be too disappointed regardless of context....
Attached Images   
Old 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Hussain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yowzers, that GT3 render looks amazing.

Quick Reply: SEXY!!