Sponsored by:

997 owners who now have their 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Manks
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
I have a question. How do the 997 owners who now have the 991 think of their new ride?
I think it's superb. I am driving about four times as many miles as I was in my 997, which probably says something.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Manks
I think it's superb. I am driving about four times as many miles as I was in my 997, which probably says something.
The navigation system is making you take the long route?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by Manks
Dozing off and missing your exit?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The navigation system is making you take the long route?
Just in case, you should know that my nav came factory programmed to "avoid freeways"....sent me through hell before I thought to check the settings...
Old 04-12-2012, 03:38 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome back Frayed!

Haven't had a reason to slum around over here because I am totally satisfied with what I have.

Thanks for your posts from back when. They were most informative. Helped me to decide on my present drive, an 07 GT3.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Having driven in the USA since the early 90's and live here over 10 years, there's no question in my mind that the average US driver cannot chew gum and walk at the same time. These are mouth-breathers. Their lips move when they read the menu at the "all you can eat" feeding troughs that pass as restaurants. Hot coffee is not safe and demands the informational warning "contents may be hot and cause severe burns" printed in large, stern letters. Drivers cannot be trusted with the brakes, the steering or these days, even the parking brake is too much autonomy for a typical driver. They can't avoid bumping into things without lane-departure warnings, back-up and (front) bumper sensors and cameras, warning that swerving an SUV can cause a roll-over and still they drive with four to six cup-holders in reach of the driver and need "laws" to convince them to not yack on the phone or text their BFF about their most instantaneous and unfiltered emotions or even the dim blink of a single synapse to be reported in 140 characters or less. They tailgate, they change lanes without indicating (let alone looking) they find motorcycles to be stealth-cloaked and a motorcyclist is nothing more than a gap in the traffic. Yes, they need help with every trivial aspect of their existence -- it is the on-going mistake of western society to protect these Darwinian statistical errors from their timely extinction.
I just want to say thank you for the great laugh I just had. There is no more to say than: +1
Old 04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
frayed
Race Car

NP Griz hope I didn't steer you wrong.

I sold my 997 GT3 to buy a second house, not b/c I didn't love the ride. I remember catching a little bit of schit here when I did that. But now 3.5 years later, after incredible offshore fishing trips and beach parties I paid off the house. Now, I get to get some new metal.

I get my first drive in the 991 on Monday. Local dealer had 4 delivered yesterday and earlier today I went to check them out. Love the Aston-esque rear end, the lower roofline and the more raked glass. Looking forward to the drive to see where this car is on the refinement/sport continuum.

Last week I went to the Aston dealer to again drive the Vantage. As sexy as they are, they drive for schit. Hoping the 991 scratches that itch.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 PM
MSR Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 109 Posts

My 997.1 has hill assist and it works when I use. Must admit that this is not frequent

I have ordered a 991S too and I am planning to hang on to my 997.1 C4S. It will fun to have both and compare.

Quick Reply: 997 owners who now have their 991