Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about this build, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
bosstucker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice guys. Talked to the guys at the dealer, I'm going to ditch the log book, doesn't do anything my brain can't do, but I'm keeping the parking sensors. I have one bad eye and poor depth perception and could use all the help I can get in tight seattle parallel parking.

I was thinking about the sport wheel for the manual but it seemed to be really thick at 3' and 9' and thinner everywhere else, whereas the regular seemed of medium thickness all the way around. Am I inaccurate in my perceptions?

I haven't heard that PDCC disconnects the driver from feel, could you elaborate CPa4S?

I've decided on a black 911, even though my 4S is also black. I will stare at them both, enjoying the black of the 991 and the basalt black of the 996
I will also have to enjoy adding another car to the weekly washing of black cars, so I don't end up driving a Seattle rain induced flat brown porsche
Old 04-01-2012, 11:25 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
TPMS=Tire Pressure Monitoring System? Isn't that standard equipment? No need for paddles on steering wheel since he didn't specify PDK.
TPMS is standard in the US.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:26 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

I like the performance oriented build. Only change I would suggest for your stated goal would be to consider removing light design package.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pdcc - cayenne talked about it a lot more as the thing was new on that vehicle. the cars end up so flat, you loose some of the normal cues of driver engagement. there are a few references to the system on the 991 - too sanitized is perhaps another way to describe it.

i guess if you were a heavy tracker it would make a lot of sense.

Quick Reply: Thinking about this build, opinions?