Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIRST 991 Carrera S 7-Speed Manual in the country - Racing Yellow/Black $108k

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,601 Likes on 2,341 Posts

this would rock with the sport design ducktail kit...

PTS Mexico Blue???
Old 04-13-2012, 02:58 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Quit showing this or I'll have to buy it!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

I note with pleasure that the car does not have those $#@!ing centerlock wheels.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

The GT probably will though. 'Cause they are "lighter" and allow for "faster" changes..
Old 04-14-2012, 12:13 AM
packwest
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geoff, what color is the wheel? It looks a bit darker than the platnium seen on the config. It's stunning!
Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Racing Yellow looks fantastic with those Platinum rims. But the color looks more like brake dust than platinum to me. At least it will hide the real brake dust.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a Racing Yellow 911 S 7-speed MT and it is absolutely amazing
Old 04-16-2012, 12:26 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
this would rock with the sport design ducktail kit...

PTS Mexico Blue???
PTS Mexico Blue with the ducktail would be awesome!!

Originally Posted by 911 Crazy
Quit showing this or I'll have to buy it!
Haha it's available at this time

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
I note with pleasure that the car does not have those $#@!ing centerlock wheels.
Lol do you not like the centerlocks on your RS?

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
The GT probably will though. 'Cause they are "lighter" and allow for "faster" changes..
Yep, very important to have the centerlocks for less time in the pits

Originally Posted by packwest
Geoff, what color is the wheel? It looks a bit darker than the platnium seen on the config. It's stunning!
It's the platinum finish, it doens't look as dark on the configurator as it does in person..

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
Racing Yellow looks fantastic with those Platinum rims. But the color looks more like brake dust than platinum to me. At least it will hide the real brake dust.
They look great, it's hard to not order every single car with platinum wheels lol. They will defeinitely hide the brake dust very well.

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Sport Chrono is a bit smarter in the 997.2 (and much easier to use, still, an analog timing device ... 2012?) but what does it do for the third pedaler?

Yellow corner markers need to go in a box.

For others ordering the 911, note the "New York Taxi" vinyl cabin trim ... might be worth considering ordering full leather on a $100K+ car to keep up the cabin look and feel.

I like the photos, but I suggest redo-ing the second photo of the shifter to show the "7" not a blurry half a glimpse of the 6 ... : )

Plastic bump for the satellite antenna really is pathetic.

For daily driver buyers, the ventilated seats might sound like froufrou "how did we ever survive without getting cool air blown up our keisters?!" but really, it works perfectly and is very comfortable on a warm day rather than chilling the whole cabin. Unless you're getting the GT2 folding buckets, I'd suggest getting the ventilated seats in the Sport Plus -- not a bad seat and quick supportive for a little lateral G in the turns, might be a tad narrow in the shoulders for taller drivers (over 6'1".)

Personally, I'd spend the $1500 on something other than the sunroof. Hookers and blow would be less wasteful.

The close-up of the front wheel and brake caliper is interesting -- I'm quite liking that new "Platinum" wheel color, but $950 to change the pigment in the paint machine from silver to dark silver?

Mr Porsche needs to work a little harder on wheel bolts, brake rotors (still he same gray paint guaranteed to wash off and rust) and the exposed wheel weights in a contrasting color, the exposed air valve that could be hidden behind a spoke, etc. Even the crest should be available in silver or gray instead of the seemingly mandatory yellow gold (I imagine there is a case to be made for the heritage, etc.)

They can't design their way around having a hole and a plug in the front of the car? The toe hook has been redesigned, why not go the extra yard and make it go in through the vent or have the front air dam removable in the rare case of needing to toe?

Shiny plastic nipples. 'nuf said.

They still print the Monroney as an absurdly useless, oversized document that says a lot, but tells you bugger all ... and glue it so it has to be torn and then ignorantly folded by someone at the dealership no matter how many times you say "leave it to me, I can take it off with steam and preserve it with my car." According to Wikipedia, the law stipulates the Monroney can only be removed by the consumer and a $10,000 fine and 1 year jail applies to each violation.

I wonder how much further the 911 could progress without DOT "regulations" and nonsense EPA restrictions that let school buses belch black clouds of diesel exhaust particulate on kids, enforce fierce penalties on tiny motorcycle engines and fuss over the color of corner markers, the height of bumpers that are still going to kill a pedestrian or slide under any 18 wheeler, and we have mini-vans and 10 mpg pick-ups idling in stop-n-slow commute traffic twice a day (and numerous people commuting between major cities to find menial labor employment.) The US auto industry, the US government and its oil industry overlords are stuck the 80's and refusing to budge. How I got from Racing Yellow and Platinum wheels to window stickers to government corruption, I dunno, I guess it's Romney-blow-back already ... : |
Thanks for the comment, here are a few better pics of the 7-Speed for you

Old 04-17-2012, 10:55 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CGT - 991 is wrong section in which to be in....
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

OPTION XDH Wheels painted Platinum 950.00 - You can get a similar look by not washing the "regular" silver wheels for a few weeks...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
That looks great. If it was mine, I would want PSE, but otherwise, I like it.
OK, I've looked through the 991S spec sheet and the Build Your Porsche window and I can't find the meaning of PSE.

What is PSE?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarManDSL
OK, I've looked through the 991S spec sheet and the Build Your Porsche window and I can't find the meaning of PSE.

What is PSE?
Porsche Sport Exhaust
Old 04-23-2012, 03:28 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

Porsche Sport Exhaust
OK, so I'am not blind!

Porsche calls it "Sport Exhaust System". The acronym being SES!
Attached Images
Old 04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarManDSL
OK, so I'am not blind!

Porsche calls it "Sport Exhaust System". The acronym being SES!
they may have changed the acronym, it certainly was known as PSE on the 997's and probably even the 6'es ...
Old 04-23-2012, 03:39 PM
CarManDSL
Rennlist Member

they may have changed the acronym, it certainly was known as PSE on the 997's and probably even the 6'es ...
You may be correct, but I think that goes for earlier 997's. On the 997 GTS build window spec sheet they use Sport Exhaust System.

Perhaps since the "music" is piped in, they call it a system, rather than the former PSE being externally louder.

Quick Reply: FIRST 991 Carrera S 7-Speed Manual in the country - Racing Yellow/Black $108k