FIRST 991 Carrera S 7-Speed Manual in the country - Racing Yellow/Black $108k

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FIRST 991 Carrera S 7-Speed Manual in the country - Racing Yellow/Black $108k

Hey guys, if you're looking to have the very first 991 Carrera S with a manual transmission in the U.S. then this is the car. Not a single manual transmission Carrera S has yet landed at any port in the U.S. and the Carrera S we have listed below had an on-vessel date of 03/19/2012! This means it will arrive at the port in 5 or 6 days. This car is equipped with the wheels painted in a Platinum finish and in combination with the Racing Yellow is extremely good looking. The images attached are a few sample pics so you can see what the Platinum Wheels look like on the Racing Yellow. Call, PM or email me with any questions (217) 725-2022 - geoffjr@isringhausen.com

BSEMDL BASE The new 911 Carrera S 96,400.00
BDYCLR P3 Racing Yellow .00
TOPCLR P3 Racing Yellow .00
INTERI AQ Black interior w leather seats 1,520.00
OPTION ZAB Ornamental Porsche Crest .00
OPTION 651 Electric sunroof 1,490.00
OPTION 686 SiriusXM(TM) Sat Radio Tuner 750.00
OPTION XSC Porsche Crest on headrests 285.00
OPTION 658 Power Steering Plus 270.00
OPTION 640 Sport Chrono Package 1,850.00
OPTION 030 PASM Sport Suspension 890.00
OPTION XDH Wheels painted Platinum 950.00
OPTION P06 Power Sport Seats (14-way) .00
OPTION 321 Power Sport seats (right) .00
OPTION 322 Power Sport seats (left) .00
OPTION P38 Premium Package w 14-way seats 2,940.00
OPTION 276 Automatically dimming mirrors .00
OPTION 342 Seat heating (front) .00
OPTION 603 Porsche Dynamic Light System .00
Total Options 107,345.00
Total Charges 950.00
Total Order.. 108,295.00

Old 03-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Nice!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

That 991S 7 spd MT is almost exactly how I'd want to spec my car, same color combo with similar options. But, I'm never one to be the first to buy anything.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 AM
mehoff
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 38 Posts

That cant be right.....my car is probably on the same boat ( on vessel 3/21), but if so that's pretty cool. How do you track that data, i'd love to find out where my MT lands on US deliveries.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

That looks great. If it was mine, I would want PSE, but otherwise, I like it.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mehoff
That cant be right.....my car is probably on the same boat ( on vessel 3/21), but if so that's pretty cool. How do you track that data, i'd love to find out where my MT lands on US deliveries.
The photos aren't the spec'd car (yellow chrono, pccb's) but more importantly having seen the yellow, it doesn't look as good as those photos.

Your dealer can get you the name of the boat and its ETA. You can generally track the port schedule plus or minus a day or so. Then another two or three days before someone puts it on a truck to deliver to the dealer. Be very careful about transportation damage (especially underneath where the low, long wheelbase cars are getting scraped on the truck.)

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/
Old 03-28-2012, 02:22 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Now... I am looking forward to the actual first impressions of this manual version. I wonder if it will be as effusive as the 991 PDK was.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:04 PM
DHC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I had the first manual transmission BMW E90 325 ... at least in Atlanta. The CarMax guy seemed unimpressed by this, and refused to offer the requisite premium.

Not sure why I posted this. GLWS!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my red manual C2S arrives in Halifax this week - i should have the first manual coupe in Canada; the montreal & toronto dealors ordered their manuals in cabs for the most part.

mine is similar build but no sports suspension - PSE though & full black leather
Old 03-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Nav991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Cpa4S

You're probably right about the first 7MT in Canada. I should have my 7MT C2S hopefully in 3-4 weeks.
Car's born, just waiting a boat at Emden (I assume).

What boat is your's arriving on?

Once again, congrats. Look forward to your impressions...

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
my red manual C2S arrives in Halifax this week - i should have the first manual coupe in Canada; the montreal & toronto dealors ordered their manuals in cabs for the most part.

mine is similar build but no sports suspension - PSE though & full black leather
Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gleek48
Nice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
That 991S 7 spd MT is almost exactly how I'd want to spec my car, same color combo with similar options. But, I'm never one to be the first to buy anything.
I agree, this is very very close to exactly how I'd want to option one, Racing Yellow with these wheels is too cool!

Originally Posted by mehoff
If yours went on vessel 3/21 then it would be on a different boat. Congrats on getting one of the very first MT's!!

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
That looks great. If it was mine, I would want PSE, but otherwise, I like it.
Thanks, there's always one more option, but we wanted to keep the list as low as possible on it.

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The photos aren't the spec'd car (yellow chrono, pccb's) but more importantly having seen the yellow, it doesn't look as good as those photos.

Your dealer can get you the name of the boat and its ETA. You can generally track the port schedule plus or minus a day or so. Then another two or three days before someone puts it on a truck to deliver to the dealer. Be very careful about transportation damage (especially underneath where the low, long wheelbase cars are getting scraped on the truck.)

http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/
No question that you know your stuff!!!

Originally Posted by ADias
Now... I am looking forward to the actual first impressions of this manual version. I wonder if it will be as effusive as the 991 PDK was.
I know people are going to like it, it's the same 7-speed that is used in the PDK gearbox only with a stick so it will be good!

Originally Posted by DHC
I had the first manual transmission BMW E90 325 ... at least in Atlanta. The CarMax guy seemed unimpressed by this, and refused to offer the requisite premium.

Not sure why I posted this. GLWS!
Interesting, you would think it would be worth at the very least a little bit more, because it's a cool story to go with the car.

Originally Posted by Cpa4S

Awesome!! Congrats!

Originally Posted by Nav991
Hey Cpa4S

You're probably right about the first 7MT in Canada. I should have my 7MT C2S hopefully in 3-4 weeks.
Car's born, just waiting a boat at Emden (I assume).

What boat is your's arriving on?

Once again, congrats. Look forward to your impressions...
How is yours spec'd out?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:25 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 396 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
I know people are going to like it, it's the same 7-speed that is used in the PDK gearbox only with a stick so it will be good!
No doubt about it. I was not referring to the tranny per se.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:26 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

post should say "one of the first" since that boat is full of manual trans 991's because they finished the first batch all at the same time..
Old 04-13-2012, 01:18 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The 7-Speed Manual has arrived!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sport Chrono is a bit smarter in the 997.2 (and much easier to use, still, an analog timing device ... 2012?) but what does it do for the third pedaler?

Yellow corner markers need to go in a box.

For others ordering the 911, note the "New York Taxi" vinyl cabin trim ... might be worth considering ordering full leather on a $100K+ car to keep up the cabin look and feel.

I like the photos, but I suggest redo-ing the second photo of the shifter to show the "7" not a blurry half a glimpse of the 6 ... : )

Plastic bump for the satellite antenna really is pathetic.

For daily driver buyers, the ventilated seats might sound like froufrou "how did we ever survive without getting cool air blown up our keisters?!" but really, it works perfectly and is very comfortable on a warm day rather than chilling the whole cabin. Unless you're getting the GT2 folding buckets, I'd suggest getting the ventilated seats in the Sport Plus -- not a bad seat and quick supportive for a little lateral G in the turns, might be a tad narrow in the shoulders for taller drivers (over 6'1".)

Personally, I'd spend the $1500 on something other than the sunroof. Hookers and blow would be less wasteful.

The close-up of the front wheel and brake caliper is interesting -- I'm quite liking that new "Platinum" wheel color, but $950 to change the pigment in the paint machine from silver to dark silver?

Mr Porsche needs to work a little harder on wheel bolts, brake rotors (still he same gray paint guaranteed to wash off and rust) and the exposed wheel weights in a contrasting color, the exposed air valve that could be hidden behind a spoke, etc. Even the crest should be available in silver or gray instead of the seemingly mandatory yellow gold (I imagine there is a case to be made for the heritage, etc.)

They can't design their way around having a hole and a plug in the front of the car? The toe hook has been redesigned, why not go the extra yard and make it go in through the vent or have the front air dam removable in the rare case of needing to toe?

Shiny plastic nipples. 'nuf said.

They still print the Monroney as an absurdly useless, oversized document that says a lot, but tells you bugger all ... and glue it so it has to be torn and then ignorantly folded by someone at the dealership no matter how many times you say "leave it to me, I can take it off with steam and preserve it with my car." According to Wikipedia, the law stipulates the Monroney can only be removed by the consumer and a $10,000 fine and 1 year jail applies to each violation.

I wonder how much further the 911 could progress without DOT "regulations" and nonsense EPA restrictions that let school buses belch black clouds of diesel exhaust particulate on kids, enforce fierce penalties on tiny motorcycle engines and fuss over the color of corner markers, the height of bumpers that are still going to kill a pedestrian or slide under any 18 wheeler, and we have mini-vans and 10 mpg pick-ups idling in stop-n-slow commute traffic twice a day (and numerous people commuting between major cities to find menial labor employment.) The US auto industry, the US government and its oil industry overlords are stuck the 80's and refusing to budge. How I got from Racing Yellow and Platinum wheels to window stickers to government corruption, I dunno, I guess it's Romney-blow-back already ... : |

Quick Reply: FIRST 991 Carrera S 7-Speed Manual in the country - Racing Yellow/Black $108k