Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 - child/infant seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:25 AM
fleyedoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a Cosco Scenera convertible car seat installed in my C2.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:42 PM
jcoltrane
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those still googling for an answer, here's the solution for rear-facing infants under 35lbs:

1. Cybex Aton 2
2. Passenger is shorter than 5'4" (any taller and you'd be severely compromising their comfort)

This solution will work with the Cybex base connected via LATCH, making it very secure and simple to get the carseat in and out of the car. You have to push the passenger seat quite a bit forward, but through a series of adjustments (18-way seats), my 5'2" wife was quite comfortable. Not road trip for 6 hours comfortable, but fine for putzing around town.

I wouldn't recommend this as a replacement for your SUV/sedan, but I love having the option to take the whole family to go for a spin in what's essentially a supercar (Turbo S). I'm hoping by the time child #2 comes along, our first child will be in a forward-facing seat so we can still all ride together. There's absolutely no way to fit a rear-facing carseat fits behind the driver.

Last edited by jcoltrane; 04-22-2017 at 09:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
captainslow21 (06-26-2021)
Old 03-14-2018, 06:07 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 33 Posts

my kids are 6 (twins)

Any recommendations?
Old 03-15-2018, 12:19 AM
JCC991S
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcoltrane
For those still googling for an answer, here's the solution for rear-facing infants under 35lbs:

1. Cybex Aton 2
2. Passenger is shorter than 5'4" (any taller and you'd be severely compromising their comfort)

This solution will work with the Cybex base connected via LATCH, making it very secure and simple to get the carseat in and out of the car. You have to push the passenger seat quite a bit forward, but through a series of adjustments (18-way seats), my 5'2" wife was quite comfortable. Not road trip for 6 hours comfortable, but fine for putzing around town.

I wouldn't recommend this as a replacement for your SUV/sedan, but I love having the option to take the whole family to go for a spin in what's essentially a supercar (Turbo S). I'm hoping by the time child #2 comes along, our first child will be in a forward-facing seat so we can still all ride together. There's absolutely no way to fit a rear-facing carseat fits behind the driver.

jcoltrane,

Since this thread got pulled back up, just wanted to say thanks. Bought my 911 in December and daughter born in Dec. Knew there was no way wife's Britax would fit, looked up old theads on child seats, went with your reccomendation on the Cyber Aton 2. It is great, fits as well as you are going to get in a 911, and is super lightweight. Anyway appreciate the post, and for anyone else looking for infant, rear facing child seat, this is the way to go!
Old 03-15-2018, 02:20 PM
go.illini
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 7 Posts

We've been very happy with the Cosco Topside Booster. It fits well, has a padded base, and the arms help guide the seat belt for a good fit.

Quick Reply: 991 - child/infant seats