Sponsored by:

Bought a 991 from Dealer Inventory

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 09:13 PM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Beautiful.

What option does that front lip come with, btw?
Old 03-24-2012, 11:36 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Beautiful.

sport plus lip, but i heard for $179 you can buy from porsche and its 4 screws to replace... i kinda like the normal one too however.. both very nice.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:11 AM
97c2s993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
Beautiful.

In my case it came together with the PDCC option I selected. If you see in the Configurator you can select either PDCC on its own, or PDCC with PASM Sport suspension (which is in addition to PASM which comes standard). I have the latter. BTW, I am reminded of it every time I leave a gas station or other elevated drive since it easily drags on the ground as it sticks out so far...about three/four times today alone!! Still there but I can see $179 flying out the window every so often
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Haha. Yeah I can imagine. A $179 annual fee seems likely.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:00 PM
chance
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
sport plus lip, but i heard for $179 you can buy from porsche and its 4 screws to replace... i kinda like the normal one too however.. both very nice.

no screws even, lost mine first night backing out of driveway...snapped it back into place.

Last edited by chance; 03-26-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

beautiful! Love the interior. btw, did you notice that the key is in the shape of the 911? If you haven't noticed, look at it from the side....
Congrats!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 813 Likes on 427 Posts

Beautiful. Enjoy.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Great looking machine. A worthy companion to your 993!
Old 03-27-2012, 09:13 AM
97c2s993
Racer

Coming back with the requested Driving Impressions (and other comments):

Did a 7 hour road trip Sunday to Canada from NYC. It was mostly interstate driving, but gave me some insights to this car on this type of a drive. In a few words: GREAT Drive!

1) In the full comfort settings the car is remarkably smooth and, well, comfortable over the long haul: exhaust is quiet and almost inaudible - music takes over here and the bose system doesn't disappoint I have to say. The 20' tires don't disappoint, they are silent throughout, yet planted to the road.

2) PCM: iPod connection and the PCM is easy, quick and fantastic to use...better than my Audi Q5. The navigation is also great as is the car info and other functionalities. I don't have the multifunction wheel (on a Porsche, really?), but the buttons are easy enough to use though you have to get used to it. I wish only the radio had the auto-tuner that finds the strongest stations automatically and tunes them (like my Q5 - unless I haven't discovered this function yet);

3) Mileage: over the entire drive I managed 25.8 mpg! Starting on a full tank I gassed up only just short of the Canadian border with a quarter tank or so still to go, the remaining mileage indicator showed I would have come 16 miles short of my destination (Ottawa) if I just kept going, from Manhattan!

4) Coast function: this turns out to be a cool but weird function. It just has that feeling of coasting too freely, potentially even gaining speed on a downward incline...strange feeling in a non MT car;

5) Seats: I can't say enough about the 18-way seats. A bit of a splurge but on this trip I saw it paid off. I arrived after 7 hours and only two very brief stops (gas/WC, coffee) totally ready to go. The pneumatic side bolsters (upper and lower) just hug you, and the remaining positions including steering wheel were perfect for the drive - an important creature comfort now I am convinced;

6) auto start/stop: although I didn't use it much for obvious reasons, I forgot it was on when I got off the highway, and then suddenly the car 'stalls' on you at a stop. This takes getting used to and I find myself turning it off more often than I thought, mainly since it shuts the engine off and just the slightest release of the brake pedal or to inch forward forces the engine to come on again;

7) I come back again on the steering to say I think it is great and very responsive. I don't miss (or think I miss) the additionally assisted steering. This is a sports car and I expect this degree of frimness and in tight turns it's a breeze.

I still believe my only real regret in this 'off the lot' car is that I don't have the Sports Steering Wheel with the paddles - something I may still invest in and somehow I feel it would'complete' the package. But it was fine with the tiptro buttons just the same...

I will post additional impressions from the drive to Montreal and then back to NYC, if any...
Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 PM
John S 211
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This car is stunning. Congratulations. Really. Fantastic.
Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM
bosstucker
Intermediate

That lip is the ****. Never has the front of a non gt p-car looked so good.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Roman Dudinov
Advanced

Great looking car. I can see that you have sports suspension with extended front lip. Does it compromise day-to-day usability (e.g. speed bumps, ramps on parking entrance etc.). I'm speccing my car at the moment and having a bit of dilemma with this matter. Cheers.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:29 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Beautiful car! Really like the interior color. Drive it like you stole it. Congrats!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 PM
97c2s993
Racer

Originally Posted by Roman Dudinov
Great looking car. I can see that you have sports suspension with extended front lip. Does it compromise day-to-day usability (e.g. speed bumps, ramps on parking entrance etc.). I'm speccing my car at the moment and having a bit of dilemma with this matter. Cheers.
Honestly, I haven't had any problems at all. I am being extra careful on speed bumps, ramps and the like, but no issues. I am finding myself driving more that I thought in and around Manhattan (weekends only) and if it can survive this it can survive anything. I have 2,700 miles on it and can't resist getting into it for a spin.
Plus I think the car looks so much better with the extra lip too! Don't hesitate and get it!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:44 PM
hlee1169
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great summary, pretty much agree with everything you said. My car is also from the dealer inventory, but I got one with sports design wheel with paddles, and they have been great. The 18-way Sports Seat Plus is also vastly improved over the comfort seats I had in the 997.2.

Quick Reply: Bought a 991 from Dealer Inventory