sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

This might be helpful - http://www.alpineroads.com/passes.php
Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 PM
zizu
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Route Napoleon would definitely be on my list! Did it many times and is by far my favorite.
Would avoid Switzerland since they are car *****. Speed traps everywhere!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Berlin.

Try a refreshing Berliner Weisse (a sour wheat beer) mit Schuess (sweetened with a shot)-roet (Himbeersirup or raspberry) or gruen (Waltmeistersirup or woodruff).

I lived in Berlin for a summer as an exchange student in 1980 pre-unification, with the Wall, the three military zones, the checkpoints, the East. Glad to see those days are gone....
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by race7117
Finalized a Euro Delivery for end of April for a "basic" 991 Carrera with 7MT. I'm new to the forum but been reading up. Heading to Nurburgring and then East after pickup. Thought about heading to Prague, Vienna or Berlin. Any thoughts?
I've already been to southern Germany but was hoping to get some fresh ideas for my trip any advice is appreciated. I will of course post pictures when the time comes!
End of April can be a little dicy in Germany for a Porsche, but it seems that you know the routine over there.

Prague and Vienna are outstanding--but a long way to go. Berlin, as well, is a seriously long way. I did the usual Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy trek on my Euro Delivery. Story is here: http://coochas.com/porsche/Resources...roDelivery.pdf

Enjoy, and keep the plastic out and handy. The gas prices are a killer now.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:31 AM
joey c
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been going to Europe for 25 years and have been to every country and major city over there....If it was me,I would drive all around Germany and try and stay in small towns.I would also venture into Switzerland..
For me, this is a trip about the car,and thats what I would make of it..
You want to drive and there is some great driving there.I would stay far away from major cities as they are all going to be congested...I would not bother with Italy or Czech republic..
I would drive south to Munich..and then straight up towards Hamburg..the roads in Germany are good and its a very pretty country..and best of all everything works well there..you could go west into the Netherlands and Belgium..
northern Italy is nice but the police like to mess with people at times..I would want to keep my brand new Porsche as safe as possible..Switzerland is really pretty..outside of Bern there are some great little cities with nice bed and breakfasts...I just would stay away from all the big cities..I HATE TRAFFIC..good luck it will be great..
and someone did mention Lugano.Very great place..I didnt read all the posts,where does the car have to go before it gets shipped to the states..good luck
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by joey c
I have been going to Europe for 25 years and have been to every country and major city over there....If it was me,I would drive all around Germany and try and stay in small towns.I would also venture into Switzerland..
For me, this is a trip about the car,and thats what I would make of it..
You want to drive and there is some great driving there.I would stay far away from major cities as they are all going to be congested...I would not bother with Italy or Czech republic..
I would drive south to Munich..and then straight up towards Hamburg..the roads in Germany are good and its a very pretty country..and best of all everything works well there..you could go west into the Netherlands and Belgium..
northern Italy is nice but the police like to mess with people at times..I would want to keep my brand new Porsche as safe as possible..Switzerland is really pretty..outside of Bern there are some great little cities with nice bed and breakfasts...I just would stay away from all the big cities..I HATE TRAFFIC..good luck it will be great..
and someone did mention Lugano.Very great place..I didnt read all the posts,where does the car have to go before it gets shipped to the states..good luck
Germany does have the best of everything; great beer, all meat diet and derestricted autobahns!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks for all the great ideas, Porsche has fees if you do not drop the cars off at either Stuttgart or Liepzieg so I will return the car back to Stuttgart before leaving europe.

Quick Reply: Picking up New Carrera 7MT in Stuttgart