Sponsored by:

991 has made me a PDK convert...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:53 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SharpMan
Are you choosing between cars on the lot or ordering?
on the lot. they're prepping the black one w/black wheels for pick-up in a few hours. hate to tell the guy that I may change my mind when I get there. I'm just not convinced about the black wheels...and changing them to silver seems boring.....
Old 03-22-2012, 09:23 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by jcf7
on the lot. they're prepping the black one w/black wheels for pick-up in a few hours. hate to tell the guy that I may change my mind when I get there. I'm just not convinced about the black wheels...and changing them to silver seems boring.....
Not willing to wait to order one? There's so many options and variations...I'd be tempted to get EXACTLY what I wanted...
Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 AM
jcf7
Pro

Originally Posted by SharpMan
Not willing to wait to order one? There's so many options and variations...I'd be tempted to get EXACTLY what I wanted...
There's something to say about instant gratification...
I picked it up last night. Black w/black wheels, and with the exception of full leather, fully equipped. It's everything you can imagine and more. The PDK is also great.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

After driving just over 600km in my first P car, have to say PDK is great. Sports plus mode is wicked !

Came from an s2000, which became slightly tiresome during city driving.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:34 PM
jcf7
Pro

Originally Posted by Mumbles
After driving just over 600km in my first P car, have to say PDK is great. Sports plus mode is wicked !

Came from an s2000, which became slightly tiresome during city driving.
Have you tried the launch thing yet?
Old 03-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Have you tried the launch thing yet?
No, funnily enough when speaking to the original owner of the car he hadn't either.....like having a stick shift and burnin rubber ...no real need ?

For special occasions, the aggresive change in sports plus mode bangs you back in the seat at each gear , KABOOM !!
Old 03-23-2012, 09:27 PM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Mumbles
No, funnily enough when speaking to the original owner of the car he hadn't either.....like having a stick shift and burnin rubber ...no real need ?

For special occasions, the aggresive change in sports plus mode bangs you back in the seat at each gear , KABOOM !!
Though with PDK the car will never (or so Porsche claims) wear out it's clutches.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

There's something to say about instant gratification...
I picked it up last night. Black w/black wheels, and with the exception of full leather, fully equipped. It's everything you can imagine and more. The PDK is also great.
I did the same think. I inquired at the launch if he had a blk/blk. He sntme the spec sheet @8:30 by 10:00am he delivered it to my office. Talk about instant gratification.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I did the same think. I inquired at the launch if he had a blk/blk. He sntme the spec sheet @8:30 by 10:00am he delivered it to my office. Talk about instant gratification.
Call me a masochist, but there's something to be said for the 5 months i will have waited to take delivery since my order.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 230 Likes on 125 Posts

"...like having a stick shift and burnin rubber ...no real need ?"

I would say it is the complete opposite of burning rubber? As for the need...
Old 03-24-2012, 10:37 AM
jcf7
Pro

Originally Posted by sapman
Call me a masochist, but there's something to be said for the 5 months i will have waited to take delivery since my order.
Actually, I find your patience admirable. I'm sure that the end result will be well worth the wait.

I was going out of my mind having to wait the two days for delivery. It's just that when I saw it in the lot, I fell in love....

Ya know, these cars are almost better than a girlfriend; they go where you want them to go, they listen to the music you like, and go as fast or slow as you want. More importantly, there are no guilt feelings if you trade them in for a younger model!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:00 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 159 Posts

Actually, I find your patience admirable. I'm sure that the end result will be well worth the wait.

I was going out of my mind having to wait the two days for delivery. It's just that when I saw it in the lot, I fell in love....

Ya know, these cars are almost better than a girlfriend; they go where you want them to go, they listen to the music you like, and go as fast or slow as you want. More importantly, there are no guilt feelings if you trade them in for a younger model!
Have you ever had a girl friend? I am going to call BS on this. I am 2 months into a years wait for a new 458. I know how to wait if needed. I will make it happen now if I can.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:23 PM
jcf7
Pro

Originally Posted by carcommander
Have you ever had a girl friend? I am going to call BS on this. I am 2 months into a years wait for a new 458. I know how to wait if needed. I will make it happen now if I can.
I did say "almost like" like a girlfriend....

Waiting for a Ferrari or Porsche 458? In either case, the wait for something that special I fully understand! The 991 is only a car next to a 458..... Wow! Congrats!

Quick Reply: 991 has made me a PDK convert...