Sponsored by:

Best colour/spec?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 10:04 AM
PSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best colour/spec?

I went for Basalt Black with Agate Grey/Pebble two tone leather.

Pleased with the two tone leather which imo makes interior more interesting and upmarket.

Everyone 911 I've had has looked good in black but I'm not sure about the 991. Looks great from most angles but from the front the eye is drawn to the headlights which look abit oversized.

With red or white cars the eye pulled more by the contrasting black strakes across the two front air vents. And these vents are perhaps the principle design feature.

Trouble is although red and white (and yellow) look sensational they make the car look a bit flash.

Silver and Agate Grey cars atleast offer some contrast to the black strakes but a bit too 'quiet'. (Sounding like Goldilocks).

I'm wondering if I should simply paint the strakes on mine Agate Grey. Would solve the problem but not sure whether would look bling!

Regarding spec:

Luckily didn't go for PDCC in view of Press Reports.

Got the Sports Exhaust which is fun but the standard exhaust pretty good. Would not be top of my list if money tight but I'd definitely miss it

Got tyre sensors which I'd have again. I enjoy scolling down the menu stalk and easily/quickly checking pressures.

Wheel spacers another tick - car looks better.

Wish I'd got the SPASM - forever switching between the two setting whereas with SPASM I think I'd just stick with default setting.

Didn't get sterio upgrades - standard seems good enough.

Interior lighting is cool but not top of list.

Got PDK with paddles - big tick.

Got Sports Seats Plus - frustrating since can't adjust height of front part of seat. It only lifts at the rear. Not noticed this problem with previous 911's so perhaps because driving position lower?
Old 03-08-2012, 11:05 AM
jmsc
Intermediate

"Luckily didn't go for PDCC in view of Press Reports."

Read alot of initial 991 reports/mag articles. Must have missed the PDCC reports. What was the consensus?
Old 03-08-2012, 12:51 PM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My current 997.2 is Aqua Blue with Gray interior and my soon to be delivered 991 is Ruby Red wit hthe two tone Agate / Pebble gray interior.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:21 PM
skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also went with black. Mine will be a Carrera Red interior with Carbon accents. Thought it added to the Cabriolet. Did consider your two tone which I think is a good choice.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:39 PM
gerenb
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmsc
"Luckily didn't go for PDCC in view of Press Reports."

Read alot of initial 991 reports/mag articles. Must have missed the PDCC reports. What was the consensus?
For the most part, the reviews were pretty positive on PDCC. It provides a smooth ride in a straight line and very flat handling in the corners. Some people think it makes the car too antiseptic and a bit too competent. The truth is, no matter what options you get on this car it will handle extremely well.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 PM
PSC
Instructor

My dealer warned me against PDCC since makes the car too much like a computer game and reduces feedback.

This was my experience with a PDCC Cayenne

Evo placed a PDCC 991S third in recent group test citing PDCC as likely reason.

Autocar raved about the handling and feedback of a non PDCC car this week
Old 03-08-2012, 03:29 PM
enduro963
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PSC
Got Sports Seats Plus - frustrating since can't adjust height of front part of seat. It only lifts at the rear. Not noticed this problem with previous 911's so perhaps because driving position lower?
I have this problem in adjusting the seat in my 05 997S with manual sport seats. Can't seem to get support in the lower thigh area. Seated more on the butt, not so much the back legs...

Just rode in a loaded 12 991S that had Adaptive sport seat plus with a/c vent, wow! What a difference in comfort, because of all the possibilities of adjustment, plus the butt and back refreshment, haha!
Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

I'm a little worried about the seat height adjustment also, since I tend to like the seat bottom tilted with the front higher. I really don't mind manual adjustments or saving the motor weight in the seat, but no adjustment at all is a bit on the cheapskate side. I would guess there might be a way to add spacers under the front mounts?
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

I saw a Basalt Black with a std black. It looked quite nice, so the two-tone should be even nicer. The BB should be easier to keep clean also. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Best colour/spec?