Sponsored by:

PASM Sports suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 AM
PSC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM Sports suspension

Here in England (with our lousy roads) no one buys the sports suspension in part because our dealers say will kill resale value.

I'd be grateful if someone could please clarify:

1. Are there duel settings as with PASM - ie a sports button for even sportier setting?

2. How does the ride/handling compare between a 991 with sports suspension and an ordinary PASM car with sports setting activated?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 AM
PocoLoco
Intermediate

I've gone for the SPASM option and live in London. Can't say I'm not worried, but have heard good reports on it and that front spoiler isnt bad either.

I figured it's worth getting the full performance available. Hopefully not at the expense of bumper damage!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Betternotbigger
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PSC
Here in England (with our lousy roads) no one buys the sports suspension in part because our dealers say will kill resale value.
I'm in England and have SPASM -20mm. It's only a little stiffer than standard PASM in Normal mode and with the right tyres and a good geo is pretty fantastic day to day, not just on track.

And yes you get two settings just like standard PASM, with SPASM Normal being about halfway between the two standard settings.

ETA: Mine is a 997 (GTS) but would expect similar with 991.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:53 AM
PSC
Instructor

Poco

Think you will be fine re kerbs. My 991 has plently of clearance re parking opposite kerbs.

The SPASM will look better. My car looks a bit like on stilts with too large a gap between top of wheel arch and tyre. Don't know why such a gap necessary since my GT3 RS had minimal gap and the ride not that bad.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:18 AM
PocoLoco
Intermediate

Thanks PSC - a relief to hear it. Enjoying your wheels?
Old 03-05-2012, 04:49 AM
PSC
Instructor

Poco

Very much. I assume you are getting the chrono option and sports exhaust? With that lot on the car is sensational.

All this talk about loss of steering feel is making me fel inadequate because seems fine to me. I've not got PDCC and wonder if this is the difference.

I had PDCC on a Cayenne GTS and thought it insolated the driver from 'seat of the pants' feedback.

Steering certainly easier since minimal tramelining but I still love it!

Just wish I'd got the SPASM.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
PocoLoco
Intermediate

Yes, opted for the chrono and PSE too. Now just waiting for my build to be complete (20 Mar) and told delivery will take 10 days - sound about right?

991 living up to your expectations?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Funny everyone except for the Germans complain about their roads. At least you have the option of driving over to Germany.

Quick Reply: PASM Sports suspension