Sponsored by:

Omaha debut

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Omaha debut

Woodhouse Porsche in Omaha has its 991 debut this Saturday. Even though I saw the 991s at Rennsport - still looking forward to it. So last Saturday I went for a sneak peek with 2 of the salesmen. The 2 - 991s (911 Carrera S) were in another building in a display area covered up. One- Agate GreyAgate Grey and the other -Black/Black. So it was nice not to have any other people around, my wife the two Porsche guys and myself.

I think the interiors are fantastic - yeah its not a 72 RSR hot rod look - but for todays sport car manufacturer's competition, its up near the top. I really like the curves and overall look of the 991.

Still thinking though - used '10 or '11 RS or new 991S? Of course my wife is leaning towards the 991 (hint, hint) but its my decision, she said.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:16 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still thinking though - used '10 or '11 RS or new 991S? Of course my wife is leaning towards the 991 (hint, hint) but its my decision, she said.
The two are very different. Hardcore sports car vs. luxury sports car. Should be easy to decide if you know your priorities.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mrm 930
Woodhouse Porsche in Omaha has its 991 debut this Saturday. Even though I saw the 991s at Rennsport - still looking forward to it. So last Saturday I went for a sneak peek with 2 of the salesmen. The 2 - 991s (911 Carrera S) were in another building in a display area covered up. One- Agate GreyAgate Grey and the other -Black/Black. So it was nice not to have any other people around, my wife the two Porsche guys and myself.

I think the interiors are fantastic - yeah its not a 72 RSR hot rod look - but for todays sport car manufacturer's competition, its up near the top. I really like the curves and overall look of the 991.

You have the "green light" so go for the 991!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
The two are very different. Hardcore sports car vs. luxury sports car. Should be easy to decide if you know your priorities.
I agree. I think the 991S is fantastic, with all the performance you could want for the street, but it will be a very different experience from the RS.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 AM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Talked to 3 of the salesmen who took the trip to Newport Beach for the Porsche dealer event, mainly to drive the 991. They had back to back drives of the 991S and a 997S. All three guys were blown away by the 991. Especially the manager, who like a lot of people, was a little skeptical about the touted reviews. Well, he is the one that stated the most support for the new platform.

All three of them said the same thing. The 991S is unbelievably fast, absolutely flat in the corners and the PDK is amazing. So I may get to test drive one this Saturday, weather pending. One associate, Adam (great guy from the UK), told me that once I drive one - it will settle it for me. They also have a '08 GT3 RS on the lot - so I will get to drive these two cars back to back.

As of now, I am leaning towards the 991 more and more. I like the Agate Grey color. Think of model delete with just - 911S - on the rear, with the S in red. Red deviated stitching on full leather. Also I may order a set of HRE wheels in red - go for a RS look. Needs the ducktail though - guess I could add it once Porsche releases the option next year.

Getting fired up to drive it. Heard all of the hype - so its my turn. I'll keep you guys posted.

Mark
10 BMW M5 (daily)
10 Cayenne GTS (wife's)
78 930 (heavily modified)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:45 PM
Einsteiger
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Coming to Omaha this weekend, but not until Sunday! I'll miss it! Dang.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:19 AM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

"The 991S is unbelievably fast, absolutely flat in the corners and the PDK is amazing." Most concise quote summing up the 991 that I have read. Had the opportunity to drive one at Porsche North Scottsdale today - they have done an amazing job managing the weight and engineering the technology/electronics. The car was stunningly capable. This iteration of PDK is the best yet - no lag and razor sharp shifts. Great sound when 'blipping' the gears for downshifting. Torque band starts to wind up as low as 2500 RPM, providing incredible pull off the line. Car is very tight and solid, utilizing a variety of high strength metals to maximize weight savings. Drive one at your earliest opportunity!

Quick Reply: Omaha debut