Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is it with the engine bay on the 991?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Default What is it with the engine bay on the 991?

Went to the launch - it was crowded with little kids sitting in the drivers seats. While I was waiting to sit in one, a kid spilled a soft drink on the ventilated seats! It soaked in really thoroughly - I would not want that car. I did not want to sit in one anymore. I looked under the engine bay - big disappointment. What is with the twin fans on top, this is not an air cooled motor. It looked like the cheap fan mounted in my dormroom window in college. Then I looked at the ridiculous sunroof in the open position. It looked like an older gentleman wearing a tennis visor on a sunny day. A 997 carrera 4GTS was parked at the other end of the showroom, what a stunning car. 991 looks better in pictures, up close it looks like aunt Edna.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:54 PM
exc911ence
Three Wheelin'

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
Went to the launch - it was crowded with little kids sitting in the drivers seats. While I was waiting to sit in one, a kid spilled a soft drink on the ventilated seats! It soaked in really thoroughly - I would not want that car. I did not want to sit in one anymore. I looked under the engine bay - big disappointment. What is with the twin fans on top, this is not an air cooled motor. It looked like the cheap fan mounted in my dormroom window in college. Then I looked at the ridiculous sunroof in the open position. It looked like an older gentleman wearing a tennis visor on a sunny day. A 997 carrera 4GTS was parked at the other end of the showroom, what a stunning car. 991 looks better in pictures, up close it looks like aunt Edna.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:40 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 750 Likes on 547 Posts

Aunt Edna is pretty fast.......

Quick Reply: What is it with the engine bay on the 991?