Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Launch Edition 991 Carrera S Coupes Make Their Arrival!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 06:18 PM
CHV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw the 991's @ the Detroit Autoshow. Stunning. Wish you guys were closer, I'd come drive one.

I bought my 09 911S new from you. Awesome dealership. Love'd seeing that delivery truck pull up!

Chuck

Old 01-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Yeah on that blue steering trim, Porsche has never done plastic well, and this points out how they blew it on the leather vs metal/plastic trim. They spend a boatload of time on this for bumpers when you request paint to sample and in some cases (Ice Blue) they reject it because they can't get it right.

Maybe after a few years those blues will blend....or we have carbon that can replace some of it too.

Are all launch cars PDK? Thought that was odd.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 01-25-2012, 07:38 PM
NC 997
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
This car is the best car I have ever driven hands down, it literally blew me away how smooth it was on the highway ...
Precisely what Porsche expects to hear. The evolution of the 911 from being a true sports car to a GT car is officially 'full steam ahead'.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Like Carrera Red, the blue interior color is a difficult color to photograph accurately. Pictures of Carrera Red are almost always over exposed, which gives it a lighter, pink-ish hue.

The same thing happens to blue interiors. I would be willing to bet that the painted part of the steering wheel is a very close match to the leather wheel rim when viewed in person. I am also thinking that the color of the passenger's side in the pic in post is closer to the "real" color of the interior, but still too light (over exposed) in that pic to be considered an accurate representation of the "true" color.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:43 PM
Rushman71
Instructor

Originally Posted by NC 997
Precisely what Porsche expects to hear. The evolution of the 911 from being a true sports car to a GT car is officially 'full steam ahead'.
People make that same claim with every new generation. My buddy with his 356 at under 2K lbs makes that claim about every Porsche made since! LOL
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2K3TTMIA
How does the Yachting Blue look in person? from the pics ( maybe overexposed), the blue spokes on the Steering wheel do not match the rest of the interior. the color overall, yuck, IMO. But for some buyers, I guess it beats getting a black interior.
It actually looks really good in person and the response from customers has been overwhelmingly positive. There are two guys considering it, but they may do an order with that color, since they are looking for a few more options.

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Thanks. I'll call when I depart St. Louis in the early afternoon.

I took possession of my 993 Turbo in November of 2009 from a fellow Rennlister.
Great sounds good!! That's awesome, the 993 Turbo has to be one of the most stable market Porsche cars you can own.

Originally Posted by Rushman71
Can't stand that blue interior. My first car, a '76 Datsun had a blue vinyl interior that exact color. It looked something like this:

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
Yeah on that blue steering trim, Porsche has never done plastic well, and this points out how they blew it on the leather vs metal/plastic trim. They spend a boatload of time on this for bumpers when you request paint to sample and in some cases (Ice Blue) they reject it because they can't get it right.

Maybe after a few years those blues will blend....or we have carbon that can replace some of it too.

Are all launch cars PDK? Thought that was odd.
LOL... It's not my #1 interior color choice, but you're exactly right it's nice to see something other than black and beige.. Another really nice combination they have on the new car is Platinum Grey with Black, definitely sharp! What interior color combination do you guys like on the new car?

Originally Posted by CHV
Saw the 991's @ the Detroit Autoshow. Stunning. Wish you guys were closer, I'd come drive one.

I bought my 09 911S new from you. Awesome dealership. Love'd seeing that delivery truck pull up!

Chuck

Chuck, that is awesome!! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Great picture too! If you're ever in the area or want to set up a time to drive the 991, don't hesitate to give me a call and we can set something up. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by NC 997
It is definitely more of a GT car, but it retains the sports car soul

Originally Posted by gota911
Like Carrera Red, the blue interior color is a difficult color to photograph accurately. Pictures of Carrera Red are almost always over exposed, which gives it a lighter, pink-ish hue.

The same thing happens to blue interiors. I would be willing to bet that the painted part of the steering wheel is a very close match to the leather wheel rim when viewed in person. I am also thinking that the color of the passenger's side in the pic in post is closer to the "real" color of the interior, but still too light (over exposed) in that pic to be considered an accurate representation of the "true" color.
Exactly.... I'll get some pics of it tomorrow and post them up to get a better feel for the REALL color.

Originally Posted by Rushman71
People make that same claim with every new generation. My buddy with his 356 at under 2K lbs makes that claim about every Porsche made since! LOL
Hahaha...
Old 01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WCE

Launch 991 available for sale at a substantial discount soon!
i hope not!.... the white on blue is gorgeous tho, which is why i ordered it on my cayenne 4 months ago and on 991 2 months ago!! best combo ever
Old 01-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Carrara White. Check your spelling!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Hippocampus
Intermediate

I really wish the car didn't have that ugly wart on the rear deck.....I guess that is the sat radio antenna.......come on Porsche.........you can do better than that.

I ordered Burmester, which comes with sat radio included, although I can do without sat radio. Anyone know if the wart can be removed??
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i hope not!.... the white on blue is gorgeous tho, which is why i ordered it on my cayenne 4 months ago and on 991 2 months ago!! best combo ever
Yeah the white/blue is REALLLYYY growing on me! Awesome combo...

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Carrara White. Check your spelling!
Haha I stand corrected!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:15 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The Carrara White/Yachting Blue Carrera S and our 2006 GT3 Cup will be on display at the Sebring Porsche Club of America Club Racing event February 2-5th.

The ITC Cayman's are going to be running in their first race of the season, the ITC crew is expecting a turnout of about 12-15 spec Cayman's at this first stop, here are a few pics loading everything up.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 PM
spourreza
Pro

Pics are awesome but I hate that blue interior! Wow.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Love the white over blue. Munch much better pics with natural lighting. Having lived with arctic silver over blue for the last 4 years I would without question do it again. But what's happened to the white dials in the Carrera S? Anybody know?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:53 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought Porsche got rid of the PDK shift buttons and went to paddles.

So are paddles still an option on the 911?
Old 01-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Kelderek
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GJ
I thought Porsche got rid of the PDK shift buttons and went to paddles.

So are paddles still an option on the 911?
Paddles come with the optional Sport Design steering wheel. The standard wheel still have the buttons.

Quick Reply: 2012 Launch Edition 991 Carrera S Coupes Make Their Arrival!