Sponsored by:

Order In...Thoughts/Comments?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Remember that the Pana is/will be a quieter interior than the 991. You may not be able to enjoy the enhanced sound of the Burmeister in the 991 interior environment.

Your car should be gorgeous!
+1 to all the above including the gorgeous part.

Also, I'd get PSE. In an open air car like the cab it will be awesome......
Old 01-21-2012, 06:51 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate all the thoughts and comments. It shows the quality of the Porsche community. One other question...will I essentially have a 3 color interior given the seat backs will be a different color? Not that I want to increase the price but does the group think I should go with leather seat backs to avoid this issue?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 166 Posts

Add PSE and PCCB and you will may crack the $150 K threshold for a C2S! Do they still charge $125 or so for the colored wheel caps? It will be a beautiful car though. congradulations.
Jim
Old 01-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm yet to see Agate Gray, but I think there's merit in choosing a new color with the new model.
I trust you know the Sport Plus Pack includes the new sport steering -- good or bad, I don't know.
I don't know if it's possible, but a back-up camera would be great (visibility out the rear combined with even one ding in the rear bumper make it worth the dollars.)
Keyless Go aka Entry and Drive, if available, is much nicer now and the new key action is a bit clunky, in my humble.
Much prefer the multi-function wheel.
I chose PSE just because it's relatively inexpensive from the factory, but too expensive to do at the dealer and the sound track is important to me -- hopefully it's less "synthetic" than some new cars these days. Some of the reviewers say the exhaust has improved over the 997.

Having had an expensive C4S PDK Cabrio ($135K) I can only impress upon you that you're buying this one to keep it. : )
Old 01-21-2012, 08:11 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Thanks. I realize I am facing no value on the options and a steep depreciation curve. A few people of suggested the multi function steering wheel. While I like the concept I don't like the shifters with PDK. Much prefer the traditional paddle shifters which is only available with the Sport Design Wheel.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tomshop
Thanks. I realize I am facing no value on the options and a steep depreciation curve. A few people of suggested the multi function steering wheel. While I like the concept I don't like the shifters with PDK. Much prefer the traditional paddle shifters which is only available with the Sport Design Wheel.
There are retrofit paddles from a third party. I think you have your choice of styles. A quick Google reveals Champion and TechArt. I imagine there are others.

Retrofit paddles.

I prefer the static arrangement (on the steering column) instead of moving with the wheel. Just a preference and I quickly grew accustomed to the old Tiptronic-like shifters for PDK, the only time they were a hassle was parking and accidentally changing a gear. Also, the "design" wheels are made of hard plastic with a shiny chrome paint finish -- not my cup of tea.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:59 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Does anyone have a view on the issue with the seat back color? Given I already speced a 2 color interio will I now have 3 colors with the seat backs being another color? Should I opt for leather seat backs to avoid this issue? Thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 09:44 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
And.....I love the Burmeister....I heard it on the Panamera and it's GD awesome although I might spend that money someplace else. I wouldn't get the PSE either....I heard the standard exhaust is terrific by itself and to my ears louder isn't always better!

Tom
I would opt for Burmester as well.

Agreed, louder is not always better, hence PSE.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Does anyone have a view on the issue with the seat back color? Given I already speced a 2 color interio will I now have 3 colors with the seat backs being another color? Should I opt for leather seat backs to avoid this issue? Thanks
Porsche leather is not the top shelf in durability. I had leather on the seat backs and it was just plain disappointing to see it suffer the scuffs from rear seat passengers despite their best efforts to avoid the edges and corners. If you have nobody in the back -- and there's precious little space back there even in the 991, it feels only minutely more spaceous, though a lot more comfortable, but the upright seat backs in the Cabrio make it awkward -- I think it's a bit of an unknown. You should definitely be getting in touch with Sascha Glaeser <sascha.glaeser@porsche.de> -- he's been at the Porsche Design store in LA for a while now (maybe a year or so) and has ten plus years of Porsche factory experience, especially around these kinds of ideas.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:13 PM
tomshop
Instructor

Thanks so much. Great advice.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Any thoughts on the color combo of Dark Blue and Agate/Pebble interior would be appreciated.

You asked...and I might get flamed for this - sorry ....but I find the Porsche grey interiors lack 'zing' for me. Not to say the new 991 iteration may be a dramatic improvement because I haven't seen it - but grey would not be my choice. Your car is such a nice build, I would be on to black interior with some SS trim or navy with SS trim or cream with umber or cream with navy if they make such a thing ....anything but grey I guess. I am planning on ordering a 991tt and thinking about midnight blue myself - on what not sure.

I just bought an 1997 993tt of which there are not to many (good ones) to be had. I found it interesting the percentage of cars avaialble for sale with grey interiors. With that car in partiular (993tt) anything on black interior (at the right price) sold immediately - grey...was a tougher sale for sure is what I got from three differant dealers if that would make any differance to you.

BUT all that to say...whatever appeals to you is in the end what matters and thank heavens otherwise we'd all be driving Basalt Black on Black!

Could I talk you into painted seat backs (when top down awesome) and PSE....?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 AM
tomshop
Instructor

What color would you paint the seat backs? I agree the old grey is, in my opinion, ugly. Here is the new grey. Let me know what you think.

http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261081
Old 01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

I ordered the same interior and I think it will all blend together just fine - I do agree about the apparent brown tint in this new agate color. Not big on brown, although many people love the expresso. I'd be more concerned if I had chosen agate for the exterior paint without seeing it first and was expecting a neutral dark gray.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:13 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 473 Likes on 271 Posts

Tom I'd do black instead of that grey you showed...I don't care for that at all!

Tom
Old 01-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts
Smile

What color would you paint the seat backs? I agree the old grey is, in my opinion, ugly. Here is the new grey. Let me know what you think.

http://m.6speedonline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=261081

Much nicer than the old for sure....have to see it live but it looks cream - which would be one choice for me anyway (cream that is). Seat backs (in my opinion) should always be body colour....really looks sharp when the top is down...but the car should be clean
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Order In...Thoughts/Comments?