Sponsored by:

Gt3 Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i gotta remember who it was, friend of mine works from porsche and mentioned it (porsche in germany).. the manual trans was lacking in several areas of performance, the pdk cured even the problem the tip had (losing boost between shifts)... this is why turbo S was pdk only... to transition to pdk only 991 turbo...

i dont understand the deposit however, if your putting one down 2 years in advance.... you surely have been a customer of theirs in the past.... why are they still demanding a deposit for your business, especially on a car that does not exist yet? my dealer just takes my word and puts my order in and i pay upon delivery... been like that last 4 vehicles.

turbo money they should for sure show even more gratitude, im just a poor "base model" buyer.

Agreed, a dual clutch type transmission extracts much more performance from a boosted car. Although, I would likely not go with PDK for the 991GT3/RS, I would only go with PDK if I chose to get a turbo.

I have found that the deposits vary from dealer to dealer. I used to have the same relationship with my dealer, however, policy has changed now requiring a nominal deposit to guarantee a position.

I can see why in some cases. I think most of us have heard about a car of this caliber which was ordered sans deposit and someone backed out. The economy being as it has does not ensure an easy sell for the dealer. I don't see how turbo money should elicit more gratitude from a dealer in the form of waiving a deposit as long as the deposit is reasonable to both parties.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:17 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i gotta remember who it was, friend of mine works from porsche and mentioned it (porsche in germany).. the manual trans was lacking in several areas of performance, the pdk cured even the problem the tip had (losing boost between shifts)... this is why turbo S was pdk only... to transition to pdk only 991 turbo...

i dont understand the deposit however, if your putting one down 2 years in advance.... you surely have been a customer of theirs in the past.... why are they still demanding a deposit for your business, especially on a car that does not exist yet? my dealer just takes my word and puts my order in and i pay upon delivery... been like that last 4 vehicles.

turbo money they should for sure show even more gratitude, im just a poor "base model" buyer.
dealer and gratitude going together? no, i have bought several cars from this dealer including the first 997TT delivered in my area back in june of 2006, deposit was made in 2005 and it was a 1000$.
same dealer now asking 10k deposit for a 2014 turbo (hopefully delivered in summer of 2013) and because i am a previous customer, he asked for 2500$.
as far as PDK, i will never get one even with the lost boost etc.. i have an F1 430 and every day I wish it was manual!! 911 turbo for me is made to be manual and I have no interest in the GT3 with its juvenile wing sorry.
I bet the 7 speed will be offered on the TT as well and thats the only transmission I would get.

Quick Reply: Gt3 Spy Shots