Sponsored by:

Final Build, order locks Friday, please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Final Build, order locks Friday, please help

Hey Guys, After a lot of thinking, I finally decided to go ahead with my order.
Please give me your opinios, what would you add or delete? I have a confirmed February allocation, and my order locks on Friday.
This will be a weekend car.
Thanks in advance.

Base 911 Carrera US$ 105,000

Metallic Paint Platinum Silver US$1,757
Black Interior Partial Leather US$ 0
635 Park-Assit System (F/R) US$1,402
911 Model Designation “911” US$168
250 Porsche Dopplekupplung (PDK) US$ 5,233
446 Colored Center Caps US$239
423 20” Carrera Classic US$3,726
583 Smokers Package US$ 0
810 Floor Mats US$ 267
630 Light Design PKG US$ 656
XPT Center console Embossed Porsche Crest US$338
276 Automatically ext. and Int. mirrors w/rain sensor US$ 426
840 SportsDesing steering wheel /PDK US$ 780
619 Preparation for Mobile Phone (Bluetooth) US$ 976
680 BOSE Surround Sound US$ 2,111

Total 911 Carrera (VATinc) US$ 123,079
Old 11-30-2011, 10:56 PM
pratas
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Galion,

I would go for the PSE/Sports Chrono instead of 423 and 680 if money matter. Otherwise just add these two.

Here is my order together with the options for your reference. It was the January build but my dealer told me it been moved to the first week of Feb.

Carrera S
1H Platinum Silver Metallic
BR Leather interior in Black/Platinum Grey
559 Window frames in high-gloss aluminum
636 ParkAssist front and rear
651 Electric slide/tilt sunroof
748 Electric folding exterior mirrors
P13 Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
176 Sport Exhaust System
639 Sport Chrono Package
658 Power steering plus
428 20" SportDesign wheel
446 Wheel Caps
483 TPMS
342 Heated seats
630 Light design package
P07 Adaptive sports seats Plus, electrical (18-way) with memory package
840 3-spoke sports steering wheel with shift paddles
XPT Lid of storage bin with Porsche crest
XSC Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
680 BOSE Surround Sound System

Total around USD 291,975.00 after deduct 840 for free.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:37 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pratas
Hi, Galion,

I would go for the PSE/Sports Chrono instead of 423 and 680 if money matter. Otherwise just add these two.

Here is my order together with the options for your reference. It was the January build but my dealer told me it been moved to the first week of Feb.

Carrera S
P13 Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
176 Sport Exhaust System
639 Sport Chrono Package
658 Power steering plus
446 Wheel Caps
483 TPMS
342 Heated seats
630 Light design package

+1 on what her said ^! Sport Chrono is a MUST with PDK. PSE.... what's not to like?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 PM
DG_Hennessy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pratas
Hi, Galion,

Carrera S
176 Sport Exhaust System
639 Sport Chrono Package
658 Power steering plus
446 Wheel Caps
483 TPMS
342 Heated seats
630 Light design package

^^ Sport Chrono is a MUST as said above. This is something I can not live without on a PDK car!! PSE is just pure preference, some dont like it but most do..
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Galion, I'll play devil's advocate, and ask you why not drop the PDK ($5.3), special paint ($1.7), and 20" wheels ($3.7), and order the "S" version? You'd get the 20" wheels for 'free' with the "S". Would the price be similar?
Old 12-02-2011, 11:34 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess with a base carrera ultimate performance is not the target, so it is conceivable to skip sport chrono. PSE is a popular but expensive option and really a personal preference.

No option really is a must have. Things that you are probably wasting your hard earned money on are 680, 630, XPT.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by aamersa
I guess with a base carrera ultimate performance is not the target, so it is conceivable to skip sport chrono. PSE is a popular but expensive option and really a personal preference.

No option really is a must have. Things that you are probably wasting your hard earned money on are 680, 630, XPT.
Thanks, my order is now locked.
I tested a 997 with Sport Chrono + and I felt it was too agressive for me, it surely will be a good option for a track car, but my Carrera will be a weekend drive an it will never see the track, Having said that a Base Carrera at 4.06s from 00-100Kph is a very fast car, and 0.2-0.3 sec. difference between the two is minimal, very difficult to notice under normal driving conditions.

XPT (Crest in Storage Lid), The center console and lid are the only part of the car that looks cheap, specially if one doesnt order the full leather interior (I read a few posts regarding this) The leather lid with deviating stiching and the embossed crest will help.

680, I sometimes like to hear music and the Bose speakers sounds much better than the stock PCM stereo (Sound Plus) I tested both in the Cayenne and the Bose was way better, its not perfect, but I can't justify spending that kind of money in the Burmester option.

630, I order this option because IMO it is a nice touch in my Cayenne, the dimmable ambient light and the door led strips look awesome at night.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Galion, I'll play devil's advocate, and ask you why not drop the PDK ($5.3), special paint ($1.7), and 20" wheels ($3.7), and order the "S" version? You'd get the 20" wheels for 'free' with the "S". Would the price be similar?
I did the math too, but the "S" is $20K more than the base. I can live with a solid color car and the Std 20"s which I dont like, but not without PDK.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Galion
I did the math too, but the "S" is $20K more than the base. I can live with a solid color car and the Std 20"s which I dont like, but not without PDK.
just an opinion here, other than i think you should go "S", is to change the crest on the storage bin to model designation, as there are too many crests with the seat backs. either way the $295 or so won't break any one and it does dress up the interior. sorry just saw your order was locked. FTR, sometimes the sales person can still have changes made a few days post lock; sometimes. that is fact.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:27 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Galion
Thanks, my order is now locked.
I tested a 997 with Sport Chrono + and I felt it was too agressive for me, it surely will be a good option for a track car, but my Carrera will be a weekend drive an it will never see the track, Having said that a Base Carrera at 4.06s from 00-100Kph is a very fast car, and 0.2-0.3 sec. difference between the two is minimal, very difficult to notice under normal driving conditions.

XPT (Crest in Storage Lid), The center console and lid are the only part of the car that looks cheap, specially if one doesnt order the full leather interior (I read a few posts regarding this) The leather lid with deviating stiching and the embossed crest will help.

680, I sometimes like to hear music and the Bose speakers sounds much better than the stock PCM stereo (Sound Plus) I tested both in the Cayenne and the Bose was way better, its not perfect, but I can't justify spending that kind of money in the Burmester option.

630, I order this option because IMO it is a nice touch in my Cayenne, the dimmable ambient light and the door led strips look awesome at night.

there is much more the sport chrono than .02-.03 seconds to 60/62 even if you never track the car. at the very least, it is very desirable for resale, which is not the only reason to get it. DEMs are part of that package as well, iircc. either way, i'll still get it if you can.

i would agree completely with the stereo assessment. Bose is no marvel, SPP is okay, but rather lame and Burmeister is crazy money.

love full leather and have it on my gt3.

smoker's package? will you smoke in the car?
Old 12-03-2011, 07:28 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Bluetooth comes free for mobile phone in USA
Option 619 Not required

"A standard Bluetooth® interface lets you connect your Bluetooth®-enabled mobile phone to the PCM with Hands-Free Profile (HFP) allowing you to receive and place calls. Basic functions can be controlled via PCM or the optional multi-function steering wheel."
Old 12-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by 911dev
just an opinion here, other than i think you should go "S", is to change the crest on the storage bin to model designation, as there are too many crests with the seat backs. either way the $295 or so won't break any one and it does dress up the interior. sorry just saw your order was locked. FTR, sometimes the sales person can still have changes made a few days post lock; sometimes. that is fact.
Thanks, but I ordered the embossed crest only in the center console lid, its something I can always see while driving.

Originally Posted by 911dev
there is much more the sport chrono than .02-.03 seconds to 60/62 even if you never track the car. at the very least, it is very desirable for resale, which is not the only reason to get it. DEMs are part of that package as well, iircc. either way, i'll still get it if you can.

i would agree completely with the stereo assessment. Bose is no marvel, SPP is okay, but rather lame and Burmeister is crazy money.

love full leather and have it on my gt3.

smoker's package? will you smoke in the car?
I guess your are right, I changed my mind and had the chance to have the sport chrono package included after my order locked.
I don't smoke but I think that the extra 12V outlet in the center console wil be very useful for me, also the closing lid with the chrome trim looks much nicer than the plain open tray, take a look at the photos and you will notice that the center console looks unfinished without the lid.

Originally Posted by MJones
Bluetooth comes free for mobile phone in USA
Option 619 Not required
Thanks but Bluetooth is not included in my region, I think its only free in America.

Last edited by Galion; 12-04-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Final Build, order locks Friday, please help