Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It will be a long 4 months

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 04:17 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like your build!! Focused with all the good stuff.

Just take a look at the sport design steering vs. standard one and decide which looks better. Plenty of pics avail online. I am guessing your wife probably doesn't like the sport design look as it is more of a guy design. You haven't selected multifunction either, so I am guessing steering buttons are not required, so sport design wud be suggested if you prefer the looks. (plus you'll get pdk shift paddles with it)
Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 AM
GoTexas
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
I like your build!! Focused with all the good stuff.

Just take a look at the sport design steering vs. standard one and decide which looks better. Plenty of pics avail online. I am guessing your wife probably doesn't like the sport design look as it is more of a guy design. You haven't selected multifunction either, so I am guessing steering buttons are not required, so sport design wud be suggested if you prefer the looks. (plus you'll get pdk shift paddles with it)
Thanks! I've read on here that the shift paddles are included with the PDK. I pointed out to my wife that my steering wheel has all of the control buttons on it, and I use it a lot. She still doesn't need them, and said the cabin is small enough to reach over to change the radio if necessary. My son also dialed in, and said that he's the one that's going to control the radio anyway

Oh, and she's more into the luxurious looks, and the standard one is that for sure.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Alas floormats are standard on a $100k car! hip hip...
Old 11-15-2011, 02:31 PM
WCE
User

Received 188 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GoTexas
She simply wants the car for looks, not performance.
Originally Posted by GoTexas
Unfortunately, Im already way beyond what I wanted to spend.
Sounds like I'd go for a base Carrera and drop the Sport Exhaust and Chrono!
In fact, if she's really more interested in the badge and likes her E500, she'll likely be much happier in a Cayenne S!
Old 11-15-2011, 02:49 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

In fact, if she's really more interested in the badge and likes her E500, she'll likely be much happier in a Cayenne S!
Yes, but for the fact that secretly he is getting the car for himself.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
GoTexas
Instructor

Originally Posted by kosmo
Alas floormats are standard on a $100k car! hip hip...
I wouldn't celebrate yet. 4 years ago, I built my house, and the sales lady told us a lot of the things in the model home were standard. Since, the base price is significantly more than any other house we've ever owned, we had no reason to doubt those things were standard. When we went to the design center, boy were we in for a shock. On the next house, we made sure we got everything in writing. The mats are small items, so it's not I didn't ask for it in writing, but I am not considering it a done deal either.

Originally Posted by WCE
Nope, she would not drive an SUV, or a minivan. I sure wish she did because we can't even buy a plant taller than 3' these days. We considered the Panamera, but just can't get over the looks around the rear quarter panel. No offense to Panamera owners because it's just personal preference.
Old 11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
GoTexas
Instructor

Yes, but for the fact that secretly he is getting the car for himself.
LOL. When I went to sit down on it, I thought I missed the seat, and had fallen down to the floor. Believe me when I tell you that I was pushing for an AMG, or an M. It's not that I am old, but when the 350Z first came out, and I was in my early 30's I was for sure going to buy it until I test drove it. I can't stand the ride in these small sport cars. I love my GS because it's a balance between sport, and luxury...IMHO.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

We considered the Panamera, but just can't get over the looks around the rear quarter panel. No offense to Panamera owners because it's just personal preference.
Agree with you on poor panamera back side.

But if this truly is for her and you're not a fan of sports cars, WCE's suggestion to get a base carerra sounds real good. But I can't imagine your wife wanted sport exhaust?

So, I'll assume your "official" position will remain it 's "her birthday present"
Old 11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
GoTexas
Instructor

But I can't imagine your wife wanted sport exhaust?
HAHAHA, you guys are spot on, this one is mine, and my son's choice. The salesman said there's a switch in the console to let you turn this off, so she'll probably have it off when she drives it, and when I back it out of the garage to wash it, then I'll switch it on
Old 11-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Michael T
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts

I would seriously consider the sunroof even if you rarely use it. It can limit the marketability of the car as a used car.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:56 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael T
I would seriously consider the sunroof even if you rarely use it. It can limit the marketability of the car as a used car.
I disagree. 95%+ of the guys I know that own a 911 would pay extra NOT to have a sunroof. The sunroof on all versions of the 911s previous to the 991 reduced the available headroom. My sunroof will never be opened except to clean the inside edges.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Alstoy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
I disagree. 95%+ of the guys I know that own a 911 would pay extra NOT to have a sunroof. The sunroof on all versions of the 911s previous to the 991 reduced the available headroom. My sunroof will never be opened except to clean the inside edges.
I posted about wishing for the "sunroof delete" option back almost a year ago. I am one of the 95%. This is one of the very few complaints I've had with the 997. I would at the very least like to have the ability to decide for myself. Cheers.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:14 AM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alstoy
I posted about wishing for the "sunroof delete" option back almost a year ago. I am one of the 95%. This is one of the very few complaints I've had with the 997. I would at the very least like to have the ability to decide for myself. Cheers.
+1 I wish I didn't have a sunroof on most of the 911s that I have owned. Including the 930 hotrod I am currently modifying. My order on a new 991S will not have a sunroof. A little more "old school" classic 911.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM
GoTexas
Instructor

no sunroof it is then...
Old 11-16-2011, 01:21 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No sunroof for me. Tho i do have a cab!

Quick Reply: It will be a long 4 months