Sponsored by:

My Final Configuration 991 S

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Final Configuration 991 S

The vehicle administrator at my dealership has said that Oct 26, is my cut off for changes. Sound right considering they are promising Feb delivery?

With that being case my current and final build is:

Ext: Guards Red
Int: Partial leather sports seats black
PDK
Sport Chrono plus
423 Carrera S III Wheel
840 Sportdesign steering
276 Auto dimming mirrors
446 Wheel Caps w/color
810 Floor mats

Price USD 113,700 (all inclusive taxes and registration) but not insurance.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
jmsc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious why you did not order full leather interior on a $100K+ sports car? It looks so much richer in leather.

Good choice of color and options except for the PDK. I would choose the 7MT instead being so new.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by jmsc
Just curious why you did not order full leather interior on a $100K+ sports car? It looks so much richer in leather.

Good choice of color and options except for the PDK. I would choose the 7MT instead being so new.
PDK has been out since September 2008 (3 years now)...7 speed manual is new.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:38 AM
spourreza
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this about what you would have paid for a similar equipped 997.2?
Old 10-24-2011, 12:56 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

A few small things to add:
  • TPMS (you said it's not standard for u)
  • Leather Interior (adds richness) - you decide if worth the $3K
  • Porsche Sports Exhaust (if you like to enjoy the engine sound more)
  • Seat Ventilation (don't you live in Dubai?)
  • Seat belts in Guards Red (adds to your exterior)
  • Storage compartment lid with Porsche Crest (new to 991 - looks pretty cool)
  • Something else in the interior in Exterior Color, add to Guards Red
  • Multi-function steering wheel (maybe? I sometimes miss these on a daily drive, BUT if you track the car, skip it)
Old 10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Crest or logo on storage bin I could go with. Only around $200. Also available is crest on head restraints. Which is better Alex?
Old 10-24-2011, 04:09 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Thanks for feedback. As you can see I have tried to keep it simple to keep cost down yet included the most important stuff. My response to some of your comments:

1. PDK a must. Best transmission around, simple and fastest. Best 0-100 time is with PDK in sport+ Plus it gives you manual option if one is inclined to determine shifts.
2. Not inclined to pay $3k for full leather. Also not ideal in searing heat of Dubai, though it can be done.
3. No idea what a similarly equipped 997 would have cost.
4. PSE would like only to tell my friend I have it, but otherwise I am satisfied with the natural sound of any sports car. Not inclined to pay $2300 (Dubai price) for a sound difference.
5. Have considered all the interior accents in red with price and apart from the fact that I don't want to pay for them I don't like any of them. I prefer the standard interior as is with black and silver. I would have considered the deviating stitching in red on the seats but thats not offered!!!
6. Prefer the look of sport design steering, can't get that with buttons, plus I don't ever use the steering buttons on my current vehicle.

Just my thoughts. Opening to hearing yours.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:11 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Oh, forgot, seat ventilation is in conjunction with heated seats which are not required in Dubai's hotter than Texas climate.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

TPMS, after my salesperson didn't encourage it, I am now inclined to save the $500 as I figure it will come into to play mainly during a flat tire instance which I don't expect will occur more than once or twice in 5 years.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:32 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spourreza
Is this about what you would have paid for a similar equipped 997.2?
Sticker on my 2009 997.2 S Cab was $112k
Old 10-24-2011, 05:45 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Price of the base Carrera S in Dubai USD $107,800, but you don't pay any sales tax on this. Then the options are generally all priced cheaper at approx 75% of US prices.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:13 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Crest or logo on storage bin I could go with. Only around $200. Also available is crest on head restraints. Which is better Alex?
Not sure, the logo on storage bin was never offered, so I haven't seen it in person... to me it's probably better on storage bin, as YOU see it all the time but not the logo on the seats .

Thanks for feedback. As you can see I have tried to keep it simple to keep cost down yet included the most important stuff. My response to some of your comments:

1. PDK a must. Best transmission around, simple and fastest. Best 0-100 time is with PDK in sport+ Plus it gives you manual option if one is inclined to determine shifts.
2. Not inclined to pay $3k for full leather. Also not ideal in searing heat of Dubai, though it can be done.
3. No idea what a similarly equipped 997 would have cost.
4. PSE would like only to tell my friend I have it, but otherwise I am satisfied with the natural sound of any sports car. Not inclined to pay $2300 (Dubai price) for a sound difference.
5. Have considered all the interior accents in red with price and apart from the fact that I don't want to pay for them I don't like any of them. I prefer the standard interior as is with black and silver. I would have considered the deviating stitching in red on the seats but thats not offered!!!
6. Prefer the look of sport design steering, can't get that with buttons, plus I don't ever use the steering buttons on my current vehicle.

Just my thoughts. Opening to hearing yours.
Heat of Dubai might be bad for leather or make it hard to maintain, so agreed there.

PSE is fantastic and sounds even better on 991... if you don't mind then fine, just know that it's much more expensive to add afterwards.

It's weird, I swear I COULD see those exterior color options 2 weeks ago, but then when I looked last night, you're right, the options were gone?! Maybe they're not offering it on the first batches. Maybe just do the seatbelts? I think steering wheel was offered in red stiching also. Double check.

Steering wheel, get what you like better, just an idea.

Oh, forgot, seat ventilation is in conjunction with heated seats which are not required in Dubai's hotter than Texas climate.
Really? Not in US Porsche build site... you can one or the other...

TPMS, after my salesperson didn't encourage it, I am now inclined to save the $500 as I figure it will come into to play mainly during a flat tire instance which I don't expect will occur more than once or twice in 5 years.
It's NOT for flat tires necessarily, maybe it's me, but I am **** with tire pressure and love to know at all times what's going on and I adjust accordingly, I probably won't buy a car without. I highly recommend adding this in.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:50 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Ventilation and heated seats are listed separately but when you select ventilation it forces you to also select heated seats, so the two go together even on US site.

TPM, have you had any problems with it?

Either Crest or logo "carrera s" is available on storage bin which includes decorative stitching, and only crests are available on head restraints. Are you referring to crest or logo?

Seat belts, are perhaps the only red I could consider inside but what point would I be making paying $360 for red belts when I have all that red on exterior, and black belts would match blk interior. Deviating stitching is indeed offered on steering but costs $660 here.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Ventilation and heated seats are listed separately but when you select ventilation it forces you to also select heated seats, so the two go together even on US site.

TPM, have you had any problems with it?

Either Crest or logo "carrera s" is available on storage bin which includes decorative stitching, and only crests are available on head restraints. Are you referring to crest or logo?

Seat belts, are perhaps the only red I could consider inside but what point would I be making paying $360 for red belts when I have all that red on exterior, and black belts would match blk interior. Deviating stitching is indeed offered on steering but costs $660 here.
If it were mine, I'd go crests headrests and model logo storage bin. Another crest on the bin w/the headrests would be too much. I have red belts on my white .2 gt3 and love them. No reason they wouldn't look equally cool on a red C2S.

I also love Full Leather. It adds another dimension to the interior, but that's me. PSE would be a must for me. It's just as natural (as you say) as the standard exhaust but deeper, louder and hornier. Not really sure what you mean by natural anyway.

BTW, not knocking your appreciation for PDK, but it is only best if one wants it. It is by no means "simple", quite the contrary. A 911 is by no means a drag racer so being the fastest by tenth(s) here and there and using launch control isn't really my thing. Using the automated mode is just down right boring. I'd much rather have the cool 7 speed stick, a 65 lb lighter car and $4,080 fatter wallet.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Natural is the sound the exhaust of any sports car wud make. PSE artificially creates an altered sound by use of flaps that engage inside the exhaust pipes. The flaps are designed only to create the deeper sound.

Quick Reply: My Final Configuration 991 S