Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick up the New 991 Brochure

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011 | 08:16 PM
TonyS
Intermediate

Default Pick up the New 991 Brochure

Was at the dealer having my car serviced and asked the sales staff for a 991 brochure. At first they said they didn't have any, then about ten minutes later gave me one. Pretty cool. Had some good information.
Old 10-02-2011 | 03:28 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TonyS
Was at the dealer having my car serviced and asked the sales staff for a 991 brochure. At first they said they didn't have any, then about ten minutes later gave me one. Pretty cool. Had some good information.
pix pls
Old 10-02-2011 | 06:55 PM
TonyS
Intermediate

I'm not the brighest light on the porch when it come posting pictures, but I'll see if I can do it.
Old 10-02-2011 | 10:58 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TonyS
I'm not the brighest light on the porch when it come posting pictures, but I'll see if I can do it.
Here are my "can't miss" instructions for posting a pic. These instructions have NEVER failed to help someone post pics, so the pressure is on YOU to keep my string alive!

All words shown in BOLD indicate buttons. If you are just doing a "Quick Reply" you will have to click on Go Advanced button. Then follow the steps below:

Down below the part of the screen where you type the text and below the Submit Reply and the Preview Post buttons, there is a Miscellaneous Options section followed by an Attach Files section.

In the Attach Files section, click on the Manage Attachments button.

You will now get a pop-up window. There are 3 buttons Browse, Upload, and at the bottom of the window, the Close this Window.

If the pics are on your computer, click on one of the Browse buttons and now (in a new pop-up window) you can search on your PC to locate the pic you want to attach. Click on the name of the file you want and then click the Open button. If you want to upload some additional pics, repeat the above process. Now click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

If the pics are in a url, in the boxes supplied, type in the addresses where the pics are located. Then click on the Upload button. After the files have been uploaded, click on the Close this Window button.

After you click on the Close this Window, you will be back to the original "message" screen. Your pic file should be listed just above the Manage Attachments button.

If you are finished typing the text, you can click on the Submit Reply button.

If your pics are too large, you can resize them with MS Paint, or PhotoShop software, or you can do it online at this web site. http://www.resize2mail.com/
Old 10-11-2011 | 11:35 AM
JamesT7
Instructor

I wish Porsche would just have a pdf downloadable brochure. It would make things much easier.

Cheers,
Old 10-11-2011 | 03:43 PM
ISUK
Instructor

You can download the brochure on the UK website http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/911...y/?gtabindex=4
Old 10-12-2011 | 04:57 PM
JamesT7
Instructor

Thank you.
Old 10-15-2011 | 03:44 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Reading through the 991 catalog I noticed (regarding the new 7 speed manual) that the gear you're in wiil be displayed on the instruments, and that there will also be a suggestive upshift indicator. Everyone hated those back in 1984 when Porsche started to do that to improve their corporate fuel use standards. (People used to take the little peanut bulbs out so as to not be distracted by it). Can you imagine being told to upshift at 1800 rpm!

Quick Reply: Pick up the New 991 Brochure