Sponsored by:

The rear end...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:45 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
In the spirit of your post #8, yes Alex, you were SOOOO right! You're always SOOOO right!
LOL! At least we can have fun debating!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Interesting comment Mike, since your avatar seems to show a fondness for classic Porsches. Porsche consistently takes design details or names from it's past and reintroduces them periodically on it's current sports cars. Porsche is very aware of their history and reminds us of it in subtle ways; personally, I like that.
Yes I do love the classic cars. That said, I always prefer an understated badging and graphics approach.

I really dislike all the badges on cars telling the world what under the hood. I will go one step further, I never really liked the RS graphics in the 997 series. My 2 cents, anyone who doesn't know what the car is does not need to know, and those who do know do not need stickers and badges to help them determine on variant to another.

Lastly....depending on the size of the font, manufacturer names straight across the trunk lid sometimes remind me of pickup trucks.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:50 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

regarding the rear end...

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/sirmi...bygotback.html
Old 09-17-2011, 05:46 PM
E in Phila
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess this is my opportunity to Be Like Mike™. I think Porsche nailed the design. A truly exceptional piece of work. To me, they took an already beautiful design (997) and made it look exotic in a very subtle and effective way.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeBat
Yes I do love the classic cars. That said, I always prefer an understated badging and graphics approach.

I really dislike all the badges on cars telling the world what under the hood. I will go one step further, I never really liked the RS graphics in the 997 series. My 2 cents, anyone who doesn't know what the car is does not need to know, and those who do know do not need stickers and badges to help them determine on variant to another.

Lastly....depending on the size of the font, manufacturer names straight across the trunk lid sometimes remind me of pickup trucks.
+1

Quick Reply: The rear end...