Sponsored by:

Porsche 991 Press Release In German

Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Speeds2Much
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Flaws to you are virtues to others.

As I said... PAG knows its new customers, therefore the 991.
No need to hide behind that rock wall. I'll grant you that flaws to some are virtues to other, no doubt about that. It's just that the American press has never, to my knowledge, been critical of the 911...although my internet research this week uncovered more balanced comments in the British press. I went into the test drive with expectations built on Porsche's marketing, years of glowing press, and a 1980's ride in a friend's dad's 911. I also went into the test drive with an objective point of view, meaning I was willing to be honest with myself as opposed to merely wanting the prestige of a 911. After about 6 years I've finally put down my thoughts on the first-year 997 so it's all off my chest now.

The press has been going wild about the new 991 and it does look stunning. I will drive one when I'm ready for a second car. If it's as well rounded as they say, meaning it can morph from a $100,000+ GT into an all-out race car depending on how you drive it, that to me is the ultimate in 911 sophistication. And that would make me fine with the considerable expense.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:51 AM
rkevwill
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Alstoy
Wonder if there will ever be a prayer for sunroof delete? Also, if the crappy buttons will be better quality? One can only hope.
There is indeed an option for a sunroof delete. I buy Porsches with a sunroof, or a cabriolet. (never bought the old Targas). This is the UGLIEST sunroof I have seen outside some older Mazdas. I hear they say, it was done to maintain headroom, while maintaining the roofline. Personally, I think they did it to save money. I have NEVER seen a poorer execution of design, since the first Bangle Butt version of the BMW 7 series. Heartbreaking, and dealbreaking design for me. Now I have 2 choices. No sunroof, cabriolet, or possibly a rumored Targa (which may not be as nice as the old 911 targas pre-996. Electrically assisted steering (which I hear is better than my fears), and this stupid sunroof. Terrible, just terrible, no matter how good the rest of the engineering is. Is Chris Bangle advising them? Good gawd I hope not.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:56 AM
rkevwill
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kosmo
youre right i missed that. SO how would a start/stop work on a stick?
fortunately, it can be turned off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche 991 Press Release In German