Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireless Car Play for 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 02:51 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 791 Likes on 534 Posts

Thanks I went in there and found this sounded the best. Now lets keep it in perspective here, 911 Bose sound system is no shining star but just want to get the best settings for what it is. Whats your settings??

Old 07-14-2024, 03:41 PM
c1pher
Rennlist Member

Received 776 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by B Russ
Thanks I went in there and found this sounded the best. Now lets keep it in perspective here, 911 Bose sound system is no shining star but just want to get the best settings for what it is. Whats your settings??
The bass and treble settings will change based on the source. I didn’t realize that at first and it was driving me crazy, knowing I had set it up and the go to satellite radio and it was different.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:47 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Bose sound system is no shining star
Quite an understatement!

My Audi's Bang & Olufsen stereo isn't the greatest sound system I've ever heard, but at least I can enjoy listening to music. Even through a bluetooth connection, it sounds quite decent.

But I am surprised a company would want to associate their name with the audio coming out of this Bose system.

I do love having wireless carplay but I can see me contacting Musicar for an amp/speaker upgrade sooner rather than later. (At this point I'm really just using carplay for google maps!)

Back on topic, I've had the ottocast U2Air Pro in the chain for a couple days now, and it's working flawlessly. I highly recommend it. (Only bummer is that I bought it for $130 and I think it went down to $90 the next day!)

Amazon Amazon
Old 07-14-2024, 06:21 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

I went with this one
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-16-2024, 03:08 PM
BlackBear
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have a link for the mount you used?

Originally Posted by tiiger
Well I got sucked into the hype, so I ordered one of those Ottocast things. Connected right away, seems to work great. Hidden in the console where the phone was.

Added a magsafe charging phone mount to the right of the center stack. The cup holder bumps into it, but it's not bad. (It's rare that I use it.) Charging cable tucked behind side panel then over to the 12V port in the passenger footwell.

So, phone connects to carplay wirelessly, phone charges wirelessly, and I don't forget the thing when I get out of the car.

Result!

Old 07-16-2024, 04:45 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlackBear
Do you have a link for the mount you used?
It's the rennline mount, but i modified it.

https://www.rennline.com/exactfit-ma...t-sku-pm01-04/

That one is magnetic, but not magsafe charging. So I pulled off the rubber face and magnets, and I used some 3M heavy duty double-stick tape and mounted this magsafe charging disc on top.

Amazon Amazon

Old Today, 04:16 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

After a week Im returning it. I dont like that it connects to my phone when Im out of the car and its a battery pig on the phone. If Im going to plug my phone in for charging might as well be wired AA. It worked as advertised but just dont need it.
Old Today, 07:24 PM
tiiger
Rennlist Member

After a week Im returning it. I dont like that it connects to my phone when Im out of the car and its a battery pig on the phone. If Im going to plug my phone in for charging might as well be wired AA. It worked as advertised but just dont need it.
yeah, i've noticed that if i open the car door, it'll wake up that USB port and the thing will connect with my phone... but if i leave it alone, i never have that happen.

and i'm using a magsafe charger for the phone, so it stays topped up.

I've gotten used to it, so I'm keeping mine

Quick Reply: Wireless Car Play for 991.2