Sponsored by:

Door LED Solid Instead of Blinking

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 06:55 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts
Default Door LED Solid Instead of Blinking

Changed oil today and finished up. Closed door, pressed lock button on FOB, no chirp, and LED door light was solid for about 5 seconds then started blinking. I have been having issues with siren, and bought new one and installed, thinking this was the issue, but after installation, same - no chirp, solid LED. Pressed the panic button on FOB, no alarm.

I am pretty sure that a solid LED mean that a door or hatch is not properly closed, so double checked both doors, engine lid, frunk - all are closed.

Also, regarding alarm, when you are sitting in the car with it off, there is a way to turn off the alarm so it does not go off. I may have done that by mistake. How to turn it back on (if that is what I did)

Any ideas?
Old 06-26-2024, 02:56 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

SOLVED.

But not sure I know how. As mentioned, both old and new siren did not work. I disconnected battery for 20 minutes to reset everything. With new siren in, still the same - no chirp. Put the old siren back in and now back to chirping! I think I know what happened. I used Thinkdiag to change coding for doors to remain locked when I open frunk. When I opened frunk for an extended period of time to change out siren (doors remained locked), I think system got confused. Disconnecting battery reset everything. Not sure that is the cause, but just the same, time to use Thinkdiag to change door/frunk locks to the way it was.

Last edited by Porsche_nuts; 06-26-2024 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Door LED Solid Instead of Blinking