Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Downside of Cheap Cat Deletes? (2M Fabrication or Racing Dynamics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 08:26 PM
blacksmith
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am also looking to do a cat delete. I’m in Florida so no smog. My biggest question is the O2 sensor. Is an extended bong all I will need to cheat the ecu? Or will it require a tune to clear any code?

thank for the help and sorry to hijack the thread.
Old 07-01-2024, 02:17 AM
Irfan
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksmith
I am also looking to do a cat delete. I’m in Florida so no smog. My biggest question is the O2 sensor. Is an extended bong all I will need to cheat the ecu? Or will it require a tune to clear any code?

Most likely tune. But if the check engine light doesn’t bother you, I would just leave it alone.
Old 07-01-2024, 01:02 PM
VacantSky
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksmith

my car came with deletes and spacers for the O2 sensors, I can’t guarantee it would work for you but I had no CEL. Have since had the car tuned for the test pipes but spacers can work. They also make spacers with mini catalysts in them
Old 07-01-2024, 07:44 PM
Jespinal
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 20 Posts

Do the Soul Performance hi flow cats pass CA Smog? I have them on my car and I'm going to have to Smog soon. just want to know if i have revert back to stock...
Old 07-01-2024, 07:58 PM
Sushi911
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jespinal
Do the Soul Performance hi flow cats pass CA Smog? I have them on my car and I'm going to have to Smog soon. just want to know if i have revert back to stock...
Many smog places are pretty strict these days in CA… If they see the “soul” branding they might fail you on visual.

In theory, with no CEL and working o2 sensors you will pass the systems check. But it probably varies from shop to shop whether they get you on the visual.

Last edited by Sushi911; 07-01-2024 at 08:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Got Bearings? (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Got Bearings?
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Jespinal
By the letter of the law, Soul cats will not pass because it doesn't have a CARB EO#. However, from my experience with other cars... it would depend. If the CEL is off and you have not tuned out the downstream O2's, then it's possible that you'll pass. It will come down to how lazy the smog tech is. If he looks under the car for the cats, good chance you'll fail. If doesn't look, good chance you'll pass.

Old 07-01-2024, 08:46 PM
cozmo kraemer
AutoX

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a set of catless headers that I got from Design911 in the UK. They are basically exactly like the Soul Performance headers, but only $1k instead of 3. The fit and finish was good. I had to do a little modification to them to remove these O2 defoulers, but they bolted right up. Worth the money. Looking back, I wish I had just gotten them with 200 cell cats though....might sell these and reorder the catted version...just to clean up the emissions a tad. I do feel a little guilty about that, but my car is registered in a state with no emissions, and I dont drive it much, so it isn't a huge deal.

Quick Reply: Downside of Cheap Cat Deletes? (2M Fabrication or Racing Dynamics)