Sponsored by:

Connecting to Rearview Mirror Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2024, 05:46 PM
bretth
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Connecting to Rearview Mirror Adapter

I have a Dongar power adapter and want to connect to the Rearview mirror adapter (BLUE connection in the picture below). I have tried this before to no success before as on my last 991, the blue wire connector literally shattered in pieces as I tried to get it out of its holding bracket. I ended up having to buy a new female connector, etc. How do I get the blue connector out of the black holding bracket to even try to disconnect it and install the adapter? Other videos just show the blue connector hanging lose in the console. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2024, 02:08 PM
K996
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 60 Posts

When I did mine a few months ago it was pretty easy (inadvertently pulled the blue one down and apart before realizing that was the wrong connector for my adapter).

When dealing with plastics I usually try to let the car sit in the sun for a while to warm up, in this case maybe hit it with a hair dryer too.

But it looks like it's just snapped into the black holder and I don't remember mine giving me any particular difficulty, certainly not like pulling the trim pieces down which was pretty nerve-wracking and more effort than I expected
Old 05-20-2024, 10:42 AM
bretth
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you for responding... do you remember the "trick" with getting the blue connector out of the holder? I need help with that. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2024, 01:27 PM
Nashvegas
Pro

Received 168 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, see this image I doctored. The little red circles are the black clips which are on the bracket. Pry those black clips outward slightly (up on the top, down on the bottom) and the blue connector just comes out. It just press fits in there and locks in with the tabs.

BTW I can't remember if there's a 4th clip on the bottom left that isn't circled, but I couldn't see it in your pic. I think there is.

I just grabbed mine and pulled and it came undone. You may need help with a little plastic trim tool.

Quick Reply: Connecting to Rearview Mirror Adapter