Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dashboard split behind instrument panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2024 | 12:19 PM
Karlee78
2nd Gear

Default Dashboard split behind instrument panel

What would cause this. No evidence of sun damage anywhere.
is this covered by CPO?

Split in dashboard
Old 05-03-2024 | 02:18 PM
Nashvegas
Pro

I don't think it will be covered by CPO - this is based on me recently trying to have my falling Alcantara headliner replaced under CPO and I got the total smackdown - "cosmetic issues not covered". Ironically I cannot see out the side or back when it's falling as I'm a tall guy... and they didn't agree that it's a safety issue. This is from a different dealer than I bought it from as I bought on east coast and live on west coast. I might have had more chance if the original dealer was close by, unsure.

So now I've got a $4000 repair and part ordered to replace it, I'm sure the dash is that much if not more. Whatever though, I love the car so it's worth it.

If I were doing it again, I would actually call Porsche, make your case to them about it, bit of puffery, perhaps talk about safety or reflections or proper airbag deployment (IDK just use the word safety a lot however much of a stretch it actually is) then go to the dealer? I think otherwise unless you've just bought the car CPO, they're going to deny you. Maybe you could try that?

Is that black or Espresso btw?
The following users liked this post:
Karlee78 (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024 | 02:40 PM
Karlee78
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Nashvegas
I don't think it will be covered by CPO - this is based on me recently trying to have my falling Alcantara headliner replaced under CPO and I got the total smackdown - "cosmetic issues not covered". Ironically I cannot see out the side or back when it's falling as I'm a tall guy... and they didn't agree that it's a safety issue. This is from a different dealer than I bought it from as I bought on east coast and live on west coast. I might have had more chance if the original dealer was close by, unsure.

So now I've got a $4000 repair and part ordered to replace it, I'm sure the dash is that much if not more. Whatever though, I love the car so it's worth it.

If I were doing it again, I would actually call Porsche, make your case to them about it, bit of puffery, perhaps talk about safety or reflections or proper airbag deployment (IDK just use the word safety a lot however much of a stretch it actually is) then go to the dealer? I think otherwise unless you've just bought the car CPO, they're going to deny you. Maybe you could try that?

It is black.
The car is a 2016 911 GTS that I love but have had a series of problems with.
This may be the final straw even if it does somehow get repaired under CPO.
My third Porsche and this is by far the worst.
Old 05-03-2024 | 02:40 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Cheap glue. What a disgrace..
@ppbon can tell you all about it, as he's been fixing Porsche's flawed production methods for some time..
Old 05-03-2024 | 10:31 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nashvegas

new leather dash is about $4K and labor is about $4K to replace.

Quick Reply: Dashboard split behind instrument panel