Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield replacement, exoshield GT3+, high beam assistant

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024 | 12:49 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Default windshield replacement, exoshield GT3+, high beam assistant

I just had my windshield replaced, and immediately thereafter I had exoshield GT3+ applied to the windshield - basically a PPF for the windshield. Exoshield's website says that it's invisible to the PDLS+ camera, so should not affect things like high beam assistant. However, I've just discovered that when I turn the headlights on, I get "High beam assistant not available. Switch high beams manually". I have no (easy) way of knowing whether this is because of the windshield replacement or the exoshield.

So, does anyone have any experience with Exoshield on their windshield along with PDLS+ and high beam assistant? Is there any kind of calibration or diagnostics I can run to see what the fault is? Anyone got any instructions for disassembling the PDLS+ camera unit in the car so that I can clean it from the inside (it looks clean, but who knows)?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2024 | 01:12 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

It is my understanding that dealer (or someone) has to recalibrate the cams on the newer cars whenever windshields are replaced. Maybe other things have to be recalibrated as well.
Old 04-22-2024 | 04:00 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
It is my understanding that dealer (or someone) has to recalibrate the cams on the newer cars whenever windshields are replaced. Maybe other things have to be recalibrated as well.
Thank you. You are correct - called the dealer and they confirmed it. Booked in for Friday.

Quick Reply: windshield replacement, exoshield GT3+, high beam assistant