Sponsored by:

High-back Booster Seats in a 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2024, 10:03 AM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 34 Posts
Default High-back Booster Seats in a 991.2

Handful of threads exist on similar questions, but none a one stop review of high back booster seat options in the rear of a 991.2. I think I’ve read all threads that exist on this more than once, but maybe I have overlooked one. I am interested in everyone’s opinions on what seats have worked well and any that have been tried that don’t work well. I have two young ones, both on the smaller side for their ages. One is already in a high back booster in our two cars (Lexus suv with captains, BMW x4) and the other is in a front facing but can be in a booster now.
I am waiting on a 991.2 GTS to be shipped across the country. This will be my daily driver and I have the kids with me a lot throughout the week. What high back boosters work well?
currently have my eye on the Diono Monterey 5iST FixSafe, but am worried the sides may get to wide as the head piece gets taller? I don’t want the WayB.
thanks in advance
Old 01-29-2024, 03:52 PM
mangu
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I did a ton of research a few years ago, can't name off the options that didn't work, but I did comment on past posts with my experiences from everything ranging from rear-facing to boosters.

I would share great experiences, although I don't know which are considered "high-back boosters" or not, I usually went off of child weight ratings and comfort.

I have a 991.2 Targa (in case inside dimensions are different). At some point during the rear-facing car seat stage, in order to still fit an adult in the front passenger seat while using a rear-facing car seat, I removed my car's back seats (pretty easy to do), I only left the seatbelts in, and my car has remained like that ever since.

Caveat (with vehicle's rear leather seats removed):

Used Diono 3RXT for a couple of years, and have since moved on to using a Cybex Solutions B2-fix behind passenger seat, and a simple back-less Cosco RISE Booster (with the OEM leather seat back re-installed in seat behind driver).

I am 6'3" and my 4.5 yr old son (the size of a 7yr old) sits behind driver seat with no problem.

Hope any of this helps, but again removing the rear seats was a must for me.
​​​
The following users liked this post:
Dirty Jacket (01-29-2024)
Old 01-29-2024, 05:28 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

Thank you!
Old 01-29-2024, 05:39 PM
Snyper886
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 30 Posts

I've used the Maxi-Cosi RodiFix and now RodiSport in the back of my 991.2 without issue, my kids are just under 4ft tall. The seatbacks remain in place; however, I've also removed the seat bottoms to allow for better headrest clearance.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:56 AM
MaddGTS
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a Peg Perego high back booster and it fits reasonably well in the back of my '18 GTS. The bolsters are adjustable which helps.

Old 01-30-2024, 04:29 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

I am between the Maxi Corsi Rodriflex versus

https://store.diono.com/monterey-5is...hoCKPsQAvD_BwE

anyone have experience with the linked seat?
Old 01-30-2024, 05:42 PM
Dirty Jacket
Instructor

I ordered a pair of the Maxi Corsi Rodiflex. We’ll see how that works for my gang.

anyone use the backrest protectors or kick mats? The Porsche ones look inferior to the generic ones on Amazon. But they all look bad.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:08 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

Sorry to say I use the WayB. Fits great. Seat protector wise I like

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: High-back Booster Seats in a 991.2