Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Softronic Out of Business?? (answer: no)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 11:59 AM
DoctorJ
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Unhappy Is Softronic Out of Business?? (answer: no)

I've been trying for over a month to reach someone at Softronic by email (SoftronicSoftware@gmail.com) and/or phone (203-723-8928). Are they out of business? Phone goes dead immediately after it rings once. Four (4) emails are not answered.
???????????????

Popular Reply

01-17-2024, 11:48 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorJ
Whatever. I had a legitimate initial question. The hostility received is totally unprofessional. I have verification of numerous calls, as I originally stated. If you want to protect your precious premium sponsor, that is your call - not mine. Next thing I expect is for you to delete this thread. Sad.
Your legitimate initial question was immediately and succinctly answered. It was even answered by the specific company you were asking about! People would kill for that kind of acknowledgement on places like Twitter. The hostility you received was not from anyone at Softronic, as far as I can see, and it was only after you flew off the handle. If you feel that there was undue hostility that violates the rules here, please report the offending posts with the red triangle icon and we can specifically look into them and take appropriate action.

I'm not sure where people get the idea, and it's certainly getting tiresome to keep having to explain, but I am not paid nor incentivized in any way to give sponsors preferential treatment. Or anyone, really. The only special treatment I give sponsors is holding them to a higher standard of conduct. Note that I am not working a paid position here at all -- I'm part of the community team, not the IB team.

I'm not here to do tech support, but unfortunately I can't turn that part of my brain off and I'm seeing the puzzle pieces here painting a pretty vivid picture. Think about Scott's response, post #2 in this thread, about how "repeated hang-ups are flagged as spam" -- you say you have numerous calls that weren't answered. Did you call, get voicemail, hang up, and call again? Numerous times? Sounds to me like the behavior that will get your number automatically blocked as it matches the behavior of a spam caller.

You have an open line of communication with Scott. I highly recommend utilizing that if you're interested in their product. Perhaps start with sending him your phone number -- at minimum they can call you. Perhaps they can even look into why your phone calls are being blocked!
Old 01-17-2024, 12:34 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Hello,
No still in business and for years... Our phone will block callers that call and hang up many times as they are considered spam and we answer emails and dont after we get the same ones several times as no one sends the same answered email repetitively. You can try and use a different phone and if you get a voicemail leave a message and we will get back to you.

Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 12:54 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 494 Posts

Be nice for someone should change the title of this thread. “Softronic Out of Business” just seems to scream out and a bit misleading. But I can understand the frustration of not being able to reach someone.
Old 01-17-2024, 01:22 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
Be nice for someone should change the title of this thread. “Softronic Out of Business” just seems to scream out and a bit misleading. But I can understand the frustration of not being able to reach someone.
done.
The following 3 users liked this post by asellus:
DoctorJ (01-17-2024), lunker325 (01-25-2024), Softronic (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:46 PM
DoctorJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by asellus
done.
Thanks for that edit, but they still don't answer the phone. Starting to think that if it's this difficult to get a call answered, OR a reply to my first email from 6 weeks ago, that I'd hate to see what kind of problems I'd have getting support for one of their ECU mods.
It's in Softronic's court now if they want a sale. They have my email of a simple question that they must think is spam (answer, NO)!
Larson E. Rapp (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:54 PM
DoctorJ
Rennlist Member

Question

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
NOT meant to be "misleading," just a simple inquiry since they don't respond to emails and their PHONE DOES NOT RING.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:24 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hello,
This is an example of an email or part of it we received Dec 18 and responded to on the 19th :
" I’m soon to be the owner of a ‘17 Carrera S and am doing some comparative shopping for ECU software."

Then like this on Dec 21 and responded again on the 22nd::
"I’m soon to be the owner of a ‘17 Carrera S and am doing some comparative shopping for ECU software."

And then twice again in which we did not respond to:
"I’m soon to be the owner of a ‘17 Carrera S and am doing some comparative shopping for ECU software."

Looked like a spam bot.

Best,
Scott
Robb M. (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 02:30 PM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 95 Posts

You should still answer your phone like a good business.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:31 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by arter
You should still answer your phone like a good business.
We are answering the phone.... You can call.... Or if we are a busy just leave a voicemail and we will call back.

Best,
Scott

Last edited by Softronic; 01-17-2024 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 02:37 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for that edit, but they still don't answer the phone. Starting to think that if it's this difficult to get a call answered, OR a reply to my first email from 6 weeks ago, that I'd hate to see what kind of problems I'd have getting support for one of their ECU mods.
It's in Softronic's court now if they want a sale. They have my email of a simple question that they must think is spam (answer, NO)!
Hello,
We answerd your PM and waiting for your call as you didnt leave a number to call back and by the dates we did respond to your emails twice.....

Best,
Scott
Old 01-17-2024, 02:43 PM
mhconley
Racer

Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

I emailed Softronic a dozen times or more in July/August of 2022 when I bought my 991. Scott responded to each and every message. I bought a tune from Softronic based, in part, upon our email conversation. I am very happy with my Softronic tune and with Scott's customer service.

Martin
The following 4 users liked this post by mhconley:
F355bob (01-17-2024), skl (01-24-2024), spyderbret (01-17-2024), thesaintusa (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 03:33 PM
DoctorJ
Rennlist Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
This is an example of an email or part of it we received Dec 18 and responded to on the 19th :
" I’m soon to be the owner of a ‘17 Carrera S and am doing some comparative shopping for ECU software."

Then like this on Dec 21 and responded again on the 22nd::

And then twice again in which we did not respond to:

Looked like a spam bot.

Best,
Scott
Nope - I NEVER got a reply from you. Period. And you NEVER answered your phone when I called.
At this point, I'm thinking YOU are the "spam bot."
AND, you probably don't care to pick up new business which would have STARTED with the ECU, then gradually increased for more business from me.
This is really, and truly, a sorry excuse from you which I do not accept. Again is seems like you DON'T care to make an effort to salvage what could have been a profitable move on your part.

Like atrer said above "You should still answer your phone like a good business." I'm sure you have plenty of supporters here to come to your defense, but, obviously, you haven't treated them like you have treated me, and your not smart enough to see that. Sad, very sad.
Old 01-17-2024, 03:37 PM
DoctorJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
We answerd your PM and waiting for your call as you didn't leave a number to call back and by the dates we did respond to your emails twice.....

Best,
Scott
Why do you continue to lie? I have better things to do than, as you cal it, "spam" you. Suffice to say, if you DID reply, I would not have sent the same email twice more trying to do business with you.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:29 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Why do you continue to lie? I have better things to do than, as you cal it, "spam" you. Suffice to say, if you DID reply, I would not have sent the same email twice more trying to do business with you.
Hello,
I'm not lying so I suggest you check your spam.... I do have the replies with dates as they can be forwarded or I can post them if you want Jed? The ones above looked to be from you that I listed . Also do you have a return number to be reached at?
Otherwise I'm moving off this thread as its going nowhere .

Best,
Scott
The following 2 users liked this post by Softronic:
Dgags (01-18-2024), Robb M. (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 04:46 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,832 Likes on 915 Posts

I've emailed them twice in the last two months. Two different questions. One received a response and one did not. 🤷‍♂️

Quick Reply: Is Softronic Out of Business?? (answer: no)