Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Softronic Out of Business?? (answer: no)

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 04:54 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,216 Likes on 612 Posts

Scott has always responded to my email questions and even called to discuss things when that made more sense. Never had a problem getting in touch with him, but like any business it can take a day or two to hear back if I leave a message or sent an email. It’s been the holidays, and I know with my own business, stuff can get a little delayed when a lot of people are on holiday sometimes for multiple weeks. I would say give him the benefit of the doubt that he is making effort and responding here in good faith.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:58 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 77 Posts

There are hundreds of positive Softronic experiences on here so I'm going to take this with a grain or three of salt (with tequila). Sounds like OP's was over the holidays and when he didn't even own the car yet.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:11 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Hello,
@KSDAOSKI No we do not at the moment for the 2023 Macan GTS to flash by the port as our website shows up to 2021 as they changed in 2022. Also as a note we were closed from December 23- Jan 2 so emails and calls were returned after we got back in.

Best,
Scott
Like us on Facebook for updates and promos

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

Last edited by Softronic; 01-17-2024 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 05:23 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,832 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
@KSDAOSKI No we do not at the moment for the 2023 Macan GTS to flash by the port as our website shows up to 2021 as they changed in 2022. Also as a note we were closed from December 23- Jan 2 so emails and calls were returned after we got back in.

Best,
Scott
Thanks for the response back. I wasn't sure about the 2023, as you said the website shows up to 2021. But I didn't know if that was updated or not, since others are providing tunes for these years. So I sent the email. Again appreciate the response here; I will note the email was not responded to.

Last edited by Ksdaoski; 01-17-2024 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 06:10 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 181 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Thanks for the response back. I wasn't sure about the 2023, as you said the website shows up to 2021. But I didn't know if that was updated or not, since others are providing tunes for these years. So I sent the email. Again appreciate the response here; I will note the email was not responded to.
Hello,
The protocol I'm using now may be fine for the 2023 yet I have not checked it so that is why it's just to 2021 for the Macan GTS. The base uses another SIMOS 19 in which is bench flashed and generally the 2022 and up Cayennes you cant read or write on the bench even though they use the same Bosch units as prior since they are protected now.
I guess we overlooked that one email as we had been closed for the Holidays and had an automatic reply, yet many emails bounced them back..

Best,
Scott
The following users liked this post:
supercroc (01-19-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 06:55 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorJ
Nope - I NEVER got a reply from you. Period. And you NEVER answered your phone when I called.
At this point, I'm thinking YOU are the "spam bot."
AND, you probably don't care to pick up new business which would have STARTED with the ECU, then gradually increased for more business from me.
This is really, and truly, a sorry excuse from you which I do not accept. Again is seems like you DON'T care to make an effort to salvage what could have been a profitable move on your part.

Like atrer said above "You should still answer your phone like a good business." I'm sure you have plenty of supporters here to come to your defense, but, obviously, you haven't treated them like you have treated me, and your not smart enough to see that. Sad, very sad.
Honestly, it sounds like you are just having trouble with technology. If you aren't seeing the response they sent you, check your spam folder. If you are unfamiliar with your spam folder, you write into google the words "spam folder" followed by the name of your email application of choice, such as "iphone email" or "hotmail" -- something should come up explaining how to access it.

Scott responded to your post here 35 minutes after it was made, and a completely reasonable explanation has been given to you multiple times.

Your post here seems to be pulling the "you just lost yourself a customer" routine at a retail store. If that's the case, then this thread is over and I can close it for you. Let me know.
The following 7 users liked this post by asellus:
Carlo_Carrera (01-18-2024), cbredesen (01-18-2024), Cur (01-18-2024), Dgags (01-18-2024), DR911s (01-20-2024), Robb M. (01-18-2024), slowrey (01-17-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-17-2024, 07:11 PM
Jespinal
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a Softronic tune for my '17 Base and can vouch for Scott's professionalism and response time. All in all, great company and person to deal with.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:47 PM
DoctorJ
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by asellus
Honestly, it sounds like you are just having trouble with technology. If you aren't seeing the response they sent you, check your spam folder. If you are unfamiliar with your spam folder, you write into google the words "spam folder" followed by the name of your email application of choice, such as "iphone email" or "hotmail" -- something should come up explaining how to access it.

Scott responded to your post here 35 minutes after it was made, and a completely reasonable explanation has been given to you multiple times.

Your post here seems to be pulling the "you just lost yourself a customer" routine at a retail store. If that's the case, then this thread is over and I can close it for you. Let me know.
Whatever. I had a legitimate initial question. The hostility received is totally unprofessional. I have verification of numerous calls, as I originally stated. If you want to protect your precious premium sponsor, that is your call - not mine. Next thing I expect is for you to delete this thread. Sad.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:43 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 548 Posts

Nothing but....
Perhaps try another vendor and limit your dirty laundry here. No one looks good in a thread like this.
The following users liked this post:
Dgags (01-18-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 11:48 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,107 Likes on 1,313 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctorJ
Whatever. I had a legitimate initial question. The hostility received is totally unprofessional. I have verification of numerous calls, as I originally stated. If you want to protect your precious premium sponsor, that is your call - not mine. Next thing I expect is for you to delete this thread. Sad.
Your legitimate initial question was immediately and succinctly answered. It was even answered by the specific company you were asking about! People would kill for that kind of acknowledgement on places like Twitter. The hostility you received was not from anyone at Softronic, as far as I can see, and it was only after you flew off the handle. If you feel that there was undue hostility that violates the rules here, please report the offending posts with the red triangle icon and we can specifically look into them and take appropriate action.

I'm not sure where people get the idea, and it's certainly getting tiresome to keep having to explain, but I am not paid nor incentivized in any way to give sponsors preferential treatment. Or anyone, really. The only special treatment I give sponsors is holding them to a higher standard of conduct. Note that I am not working a paid position here at all -- I'm part of the community team, not the IB team.

I'm not here to do tech support, but unfortunately I can't turn that part of my brain off and I'm seeing the puzzle pieces here painting a pretty vivid picture. Think about Scott's response, post #2 in this thread, about how "repeated hang-ups are flagged as spam" -- you say you have numerous calls that weren't answered. Did you call, get voicemail, hang up, and call again? Numerous times? Sounds to me like the behavior that will get your number automatically blocked as it matches the behavior of a spam caller.

You have an open line of communication with Scott. I highly recommend utilizing that if you're interested in their product. Perhaps start with sending him your phone number -- at minimum they can call you. Perhaps they can even look into why your phone calls are being blocked!
The following 10 users liked this post by asellus:
Carlo_Carrera (01-18-2024), cbredesen (01-18-2024), Cur (01-18-2024), Dark Kauphee (01-18-2024), Dgags (01-18-2024), mhconley (01-18-2024), MingusDew (01-18-2024), OMTarga4S (01-18-2024), Robb M. (01-18-2024), thesaintusa (01-18-2024) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-24-2024, 09:26 PM
aloha911
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mhconley
I emailed Softronic a dozen times or more in July/August of 2022 when I bought my 991. Scott responded to each and every message. I bought a tune from Softronic based, in part, upon our email conversation. I am very happy with my Softronic tune and with Scott's customer service.

Martin
My experience as well.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:12 PM
Jpbarnlight
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts

Scott responded to me very professionally, within a day of an email to him.

He was very helpful, answered any questions I had.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:25 PM
doctj
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts

Scott can be a dick in some of his responses but he still responds. Email is best.

to be honest OP, you’re gonna deal with the same issue with other companies too. I promise you that. It might even be worse .

the softronic tune is the easiest, with a modest power bump, and won’t give you any issues IMO .
anything else will not be as straight forward.

Old 01-24-2024, 10:34 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Scott - I'll be in touch in the next few months. I have a 2018 C4. It appears to be the best bang for the buck. I can't wait!
Old 01-24-2024, 10:52 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 948 Likes on 577 Posts

I am pretty much computer illiterate and Scott helped me install the tune on my 981 spyder and 991.2 T and even remoted into my computer to finish the install on the T as I kept hitting a snag... not sure what the problem is...

I'm sure someone 40 years younger than I am wouldn't have those issues- I too recommend Softronic... and have to many friends.

Quick Reply: Is Softronic Out of Business?? (answer: no)