Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any difference in quality/longevity between battery brands?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 10:54 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by First991C2
No, I'm confident my battery is not the original. The date stamp shows 06/20.
You got a battery from Porsche that happens to be a Banner and that is the only way you can get one.

Try getting a Banner battery at an auto parts store; not going to happen.
Old 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,036 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
... My pops always told me to 'buy the best battery you can afford'- probably sage advice.... Any thoughts?
I think your pops was right. The best battery is a lithium antigravity battery. Don't waste time or money with Lead/Acid.

The following 2 users liked this post by Pb Pedis:
96redLT4 (01-20-2024), fsmich (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 04:28 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
I think your pops was right. The best battery is a lithium antigravity battery. Don't waste time or money with Lead/Acid.
At 5 times the price for no added benefit, are you
The following users liked this post:
raaizin (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 05:51 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,014 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
At 5 times the price for no added benefit, are you
Here we go....again...

IXLR8 , this about your 30th post where you've post a falsehoods about our batteries after a Rennlist member or Antigraity posts something. You even take it so far as to follow us on the Adventure Bikes forum also to bash us. I dont' get it since as you openly state, you have never owned our product, or any lithium product yet you still jump in with some false claims. like there is no benefit to our battery. I could absolutely understand your perspective and opinion IF you had actually owned a Lithium Battery , or tried one and explained why it didn't work for you.

So now I have to post some facts...

- Our batteries are used in the new Pagani Hyper Cars....and two other OEMs Cars that are coming out and are special Cars which I cannot talk about yet. Companies like these are not really going to use a Lithium Battery in that car unless it provides some benefit.
-Our batteries have 2x the Cranking Power of a Lead/Acid Battery,
-Our batteries weigh 35lbs less than a Lead/Acid battery in the same H6 size.
-Our batteries have Built-In Wireless Jump Starting, so the user will never be stranded by a dead battery again. You will also will never be locked out of their frunk by a dead battery again either because our battery will provide power to the frunk. Lastly they won't even have to access or look at the battery to get the car started, all you do is press one of the two keyfobs that comes with the battery and the battery willl activate its built-in jump starting. Nothing simpler than that, your wife or daughter/son with no experiance with Cars could get our of a dead battery emergency.
- Our Battery offers 2 to 3 times the life span of Lead/Acid Batteries because it has a built in Battery Management System that protects it from being damaged by Over-dischargeand several other things. Over discharge alone is the leading reason Lead/Acid Batteries fail, our battery can't be overdischarged.
- Yes our batteries are more expensive than a Lead/Acid battery but they offer massive value for those who would like those features. But they are not 5x more as you inaccurately claim.

Sure this is not a product everyone will want. I buy Walmart shoes and love them for doing work in the yard, but if I'm going to do sports where the benefits of a better shoe are desired, then I absolutely go for the better product. Lithium is a better product than Lead/Acid in Sport Cars and even regular Car hands down, but it is not for everyone.

The following 5 users liked this post by Antigravity:
Dgags (01-19-2024), James88 (01-16-2024), jberb55 (01-17-2024), Titanium5150 (01-17-2024), whatsshakin (01-21-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 12:18 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Here we go....again...

IXLR8 , this about your 30th post where you've post a falsehoods...

So now I have to post some facts...
-Our batteries have 2x the Cranking Power of a Lead/Acid Battery,
- Our Battery offers 2 to 3 times the life span of Lead/Acid Batteries..
Scott, you want to talk about falsehoods, lets start.

Why do I need more cranking power? Who needs it when Porsche already figured that out for us. All of my cars and motorcycles have always started with the factory battery.

And with my 2015 battery that is now over 8.5 years old and still started my GTS as if it were new, will I get 17 years (2X) or 25.5 years (3X) from your grossly overpriced battery?

And your silly low self-discharge claim? That only applies if the battery is disconnected and sitting on a dealer shelf, same applies to an AGM as both have very low self-discharge rates, but not when its in a vehicle with systems drawing far more current.

You are here to sell. I am not.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:34 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

- Yes our batteries are more expensive than a Lead/Acid battery but they offer massive value for those who would like those features. But they are not 5x more as you inaccurately claim.
Inaccurately claim?

My GTS takes an H7 battery and that is what I will replace it with.

Your AG H7 80Ah is going for $1350 (jeez it went up). Lets go cheap even if I get 3 or 4 years out of it, a Walmart AGM H7 battery that goes for $180.

I'll keep the basic math real simple for you: $1350 / $180 = 7.5X. Damn you were right, it wasn't 5X. So please give up! If consumers want an AG battery, fine, but don't start with your falsehoods.

Oh and by the way, by placing a lighter battery out front, it then upsets an already tail-heavy 911. And 99.9999% of any of us are not in world class racing.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:29 AM
BrantyB
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

@Antigravity How does the AG battery handle the vehicle's comfort features that have a battery draw - specifically heated seats?

Last edited by BrantyB; 01-17-2024 at 03:50 PM. Reason: tag
Old 01-17-2024, 05:52 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by BrantyB
@Antigravity How does the AG battery handle the vehicle's comfort features that have a battery draw - specifically heated seats?
No problem at all.... it works just as a regular battery does, but lithium is capable of delivering a high level of current with less voltage sag. But in reality your Cars Charging system is providing enough current the power for the heated seats while the battery is covering the initial draw that migh cause voltage sag on initial high-current draws. So while driving the battery is being charged and supporting higher current draws momentarily in most circumstance.
BrantyB (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 06:30 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Inaccurately claim?

My GTS takes an H7 battery and that is what I will replace it with.

Your AG H7 80Ah is going for $1350 (jeez it went up). Lets go cheap even if I get 3 or 4 years out of it, a Walmart AGM H7 battery that goes for $180.

I'll keep the basic math real simple for you: $1350 / $180 = 7.5X. Damn you were right, it wasn't 5X. So please give up! If consumers want an AG battery, fine, but don't start with your falsehoods.

Oh and by the way, by placing a lighter battery out front, it then upsets an already tail-heavy 911. And 99.9999% of any of us are not in world class racing.
My GTS takes an H7 battery and that is what I will replace it with. Your AG H7 80Ah is going for $1350 (jeez it went up).
Ok so your way off from the Start. You do not need our 80Ah of Lithium to equal the energy density of an 80Amp Hour Lead Acid Battery. The fact is a 40Ah Antigravity Battery provides the rough energy density of a Lead/Acid at 80Amp Hours. The fact is you can only use 50% of a Lead/Acid Batteries Capacity. Lithium you can conservatively use 90% of it Capacity. You can Google this to prove it out. Lastly, a 40 Amp Hour Battery would start your Car more times with a higher voltage at the start than an 80Ah Lead/Acid battery So you only need a 40Ah Antigravity Battery, not an 80Ah Antigravity Battery. And 80Ah Anigravity Battery would be for a RV Sprinter Van, or Overlanding Vehicle where they wanted MASSIVE ENERGY to power other things as well as start the Vehicle.

Again, as I stated above you only need our 40Ah Battery to equal the 80Amp Hours of a Lead/Acid Battery.... and the 40Ah Antigraity will outperform the lead acid Battery, have less voltage sag on the starts, save you 35 lbs. and never leave you stranded if you accidentally dishcarged the battery....

Again, completely and factually inaccurate statements from you. Removing 35 lbs from a Car is utterly MASSIVE, and can benefit all, not just racers. For example try removing 35lbs from a Car with Carbon Fiber Doors and a Hood... well you just spent about $30,000 dollars. So for the cost of our battery and the weight reduction benefit compared to using Carbon fiber, or Titanium or other exotic materials just saved you 10's of thousands of dollar compared to ANY weight saving material. So now you can go buy a pair of Dundon heads to lose some weight from the rear of the car and gain horsepower since we save you so much money on not buy fancy weight loss materials. Next that 60lbs lead acid battery carried up that high in the Porsche hood area is going to negatively effect the car more than the savings of the 35lbs the lithium give you. Also that extra 35lbs going at 100 miles per hour into a corner and having to slow it down fast is creates massive inertial forces that have to be slowed down. Think of a 35 lbs brick going 100 miles and hour... it would blow through a house. Well you just saved that with one battery purchase, plus now you have built in jump starting so you won't be stranded. Oh lets not forget potential better gas mileage, shorter braking distances, better handling and better power to weight ratios with more weight loss. Just consider us as and integral part of a Porsche weight loss Program.

Just stating facts and teasing you XLR8. I don't know what your problem is with us, but I"m fine with it, just gets old with you trying to bash us every time you post with us in the same thread.

BrantyB (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 06:56 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Scott, you want to talk about falsehoods, lets start.

Why do I need more cranking power? Who needs it when Porsche already figured that out for us. All of my cars and motorcycles have always started with the factory battery.

And with my 2015 battery that is now over 8.5 years old and still started my GTS as if it were new, will I get 17 years (2X) or 25.5 years (3X) from your grossly overpriced battery?

And your silly low self-discharge claim? That only applies if the battery is disconnected and sitting on a dealer shelf, same applies to an AGM as both have very low self-discharge rates, but not when its in a vehicle with systems drawing far more current.

Well I applaud you for being the one person on the forum who has never had a battery go bad in any vehicle. If you've been able to do that, it great for sure. But from the literally THOUSANDS of posts on Rennlist I say you are the outlier here, and that is great. Why do you need more Cranking Amps? Well you don't really always need more cranking Amps, but if your battery is LOW then having higher Cranking Amps is very important because even with a low voltage on your lithium Battery you at least get the start since it offer so much more power... whereas a Lead Acid battery will fail to get the start when you need it when it low on energy. You don't always need more cranking amps, but it offer some benefits such as when the battery is low. Or you start adding significant performance parts to your system. You will also have less voltage sag on start which is beneficial to a faster motor turn over on Tuned Cars that might need a fatter spark and faster motor turn over if they are hard to start.

YEs, being that you are going to get 17 years out or your battery we are over-priced. Can't argue that. But maybe we can ask who else besides you gets 17 years out of Batteries.

WE rarely claim this, but yes it a factor in longer term storage... but as I have posted in the last two posts there are so many other benefits to Lithium that I don't need to prove out anything really. Your either interested or not, we don't force people or OEMs to use our Batteries, they do becuase they see the benefit in features.

Your are absolutely correct, we are a business and that is what we do to grow and improve our products. There is nothing wrong with being a business to sell products. But you have failed to acknowledge that we not doing this in a way that is to merely sell products... We have been and active member of this community giving not only about our products but about charging systems and other thing related. We have been Platinum level supporters of Rennlist for over 7 years, since 2017. We answer questions about this new technology openly and honestly, we address any Customers that have had any issues or complaints with our products right here for anybody to see. The products we offer are really trying to be the absolute best in class and have features quality that we are super proud of. I was also a long time Porshe owner so know these Cars and community extremely well.

So in the end your not here to sell but you are trying to sell you opinions to other as accurate when I believe you know they are not being you have been doing this for years against us.
jesm (02-03-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 07:18 PM
HardRider
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 122 Posts

IXLR8 what kind of idiot spends 6 figures on a 911. A used Camry is as reliable and easily had for $20K. Take the saved $80K and collect your $4K interest a year. Any idiot that spends the $$ on a ridiculous two seat 911 can spend their idiot money anyway they please. They made it.... I am willing to bet 90% of Porsche owners haven't even researched getting insurance through Porsche and what they would save in a year would pay for the anti-gravity battery. Yet they just write the ck never shopping for home owners, car etc.

Last edited by HardRider; 01-17-2024 at 07:39 PM.
whatsshakin (01-21-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 07:25 PM
BrantyB
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Not trying to be critical, but if the 40ah lithium is the same as an 80ah lead, what is the need for a 60 or 80ah lithium?
Old 01-17-2024, 07:50 PM
awittig
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 102 Posts

Old 01-17-2024, 08:06 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Just stating facts and teasing you XLR8. I don't know what your problem is with us, but I"m fine with it, just gets old with you trying to bash us every time you post with us in the same thread.
Holy you know what. Talk about a novel. You could give Stephen King a run for the money. I am a member here not a vendor, so I will comment on facts based on my background working in labs as I wish. Don't like it, too bad.

Your "facts" are more like listening to sansationalizing on the news. Your 2X to 3X the life you claim is based on someone who totally neglects a battery. Will I get 17 years or 25.5 years out of your battery based on the present life of my Banner AGM battery. And so many other sensationalistic claims.

Now getting to your 40Ah battery in the H7 case I should be using, why would I spend $950 on your battery when a $180 to $250 battery will do and in my hands, last just as long if not longer. So I am still looking at at least 3.8 times the cost for no added benefit.

Remember
  • I do not manufacture or sell batteries and do not have stock in any battery company, therefore I am not competing with you.
  • I worked in a defense battery lab for many years.
  • My "conventional" aka old school batteries have lasted 16 and 14 years.
  • And I do not care how people spend their money, but I try to inform them because any of them do not have a technical background.
  • And remember you are here to sell your products and I am using my technical background to make my own "sound" decisions.
Old 01-17-2024, 08:15 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrantyB
Not trying to be critical, but if the 40ah lithium is the same as an 80ah lead, what is the need for a 60 or 80ah lithium?
Good point. And an Amp - Hour is exactly that. I know what an Amp is and how it is defined and I know what an Hour is. And on forums, there is a lot of misconceptions as to how battery capacity is measured. Members can look up Peukert's Law; applies to lead acid batteries.

By the way Scott if you are listening, at what C-rate is your Ah rating at?

Quick Reply: Any difference in quality/longevity between battery brands?