Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What price would make this 911 a "good" deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 07:13 PM
Atheist
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 113 Posts

The most interesting man in the world says,

I don't always buy a Porsche but when I do, I prefer the ones I like the, not the ones other people like.
The following users liked this post:
Dgags (01-12-2024)
Old 01-12-2024, 07:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRider
Where does he mention trading in a C8 on this post??
Originally Posted by Tormeno
Let me add some context here. Currently I have a 2023 C8 that will definitely depreciate faster than this car; Would it make sense to buy this as a placeholder "daily" driver until I can hop into my dream spec turbo S in a few years?
Originally Posted by HardRider
There is nothing wrong with the Plastic dash in the 911. Holy ****, a piece of cow hide makes a difference?? If I want a luxury sedan I will buy a LC500
There is nothing wrong with the Plastic dash, but OP was asking about the price. Leather costs money. It's absence is not reflected in that price. Besides, I pointed several options that are not present, and can point even more that affect performance and experience in general. If it didn't matter, nobody would buy it and Porsche would not offer it.
Old 01-12-2024, 08:10 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

You don't think the corvettes depreciation is going to be worse? I wasn't planning on putting any capital down, just trading in the vette and paying on this. Also is the plastic that bad??? Everyone seems to be put off by it lol
Aha I see, I misunderstood. I didn’t know you were planning on trading in the vette . In that case, I wouldn’t have a problem pulling the trigger if you don’t mind the color and soft top. The door panels would still concern me though. I’d get it in writing that it would be covered if they warped.
Old 01-12-2024, 10:17 PM
GoaterAz
Intermediate

Received 61 Likes on 13 Posts

I may be in the minority but I think having the non-leather dash and door panels make perfect sense on a convertible.

And of course it's overpriced, it's CPO at a Porsche dealership. If you like it, buy it and make up the difference by lining your pockets with their snacks.
Dgags (02-04-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 08:31 AM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

I haven’t been tracking prices recently but it’s a 2019 (last year of 991.2) and it’s Miami Blue. Whether you like MB or not the fact is there are far less of those that come up when compared to silver, black, greys or white. The dealer knows this and someone that has to have that color will pay up.

When I put those factors together in addition to the CPO my opinion from the cheap seats is $90k.

Old 01-16-2024, 12:06 AM
991 for Fun
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Used 2019 Porsche 911 For Sale at Porsche Orlando | VIN: WP0CA2A99KS129204

Its a very base 911 besides the Miami blue. Just wondering what the professionals think of it.
Small world! We almost pulled the trigger on this one, My Wife has wanted a Miami Blue cab ever since I rented one for her on for her Birthday (A 992 Shark Blue Cab). We saw this one in advertised Florida, but we live in SoCal. Plus $1000+ in dealer fees and such, and having to buy sight unseen...she was not thrilled about that. (I would have no reservations myself, it being a CPO car) even so, being a CPO car long story short, after a few face time look arounds with Anthony (nice sales guy) we decided Miami Blue and a Cab was too much of a "look at me" car and she didn't want the upkeep, wear and tear of a Cab, and the rear blind spots of a Cab. In MHO it's a good deal, except I would rather have the 14 way seats...but I still dream of having this one myself...a great color combo...90K would be nice...but I don't think the price will go down much more than 95K...I think they want to move it to a different location within the AutoNation network...price may even go up then...
She wound up buying with a 2018 CPO Base Coupe with a SOUL exhaust with 19K miles in Graphite Blue Metallic here in SoCal.
I would go for it...best color...not many out there...

Last edited by 991 for Fun; 01-16-2024 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-16-2024, 12:16 AM
Tormeno
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 for Fun
Small world! We almost pulled the trigger on this one, My Wife has wanted a Miami Blue cab ever since I rented one for her on for her Birthday (A 992 Shark Blue Cab). We saw this one in advertised Florida, but we live in SoCal. Plus $1000+ in dealer fees and such, and having to buy sight unseen...she was not thrilled about that. (I would have no reservations myself, it being a CPO car) even so, being a CPO car long story short, after a few face time look arounds with Anthony (nice sales guy) we decided Miami Blue and a Cab was too much of a "look at me" car and she didn't want the upkeep, wear and tear of a cab, and rear blind spots of a Cab. In MHO it's a good deal except I would want the 14 way seats...but I still dream of having this one myself...great color combo...90K would be nice...but I don't think the price will go down much more than 95K...I think they want to move it to a different location within the AutoNation network...price may even go up then...
She wound up buying with a 2018 CPO Base with 19K miles in Graphic Blue Metallic here close to home...
I would go for it...best color...not many out there...
Judging from what everyone else has said I don't believe I'll pull the trigger unless it goes down to 90k or below. I have seen some other base 992s popping up for the same price so I'm trying to be patient. Glad you guys found what were looking for as it's definitely rough out here buying used lol!
991 for Fun (01-16-2024)
Old 01-16-2024, 12:29 AM
991 for Fun
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Judging from what everyone else has said I don't believe I'll pull the trigger unless it goes down to 90k or below. I have seen some other base 992s popping up for the same price so I'm trying to be patient. Glad you guys found what were looking for as it's definitely rough out here buying used lol!
Thanks. :-)
lol my Wife said the same thing about the price/prices...good luck if you're set on Miami Blue. We test drove one here in Burbank (a 2019 T) but it was a little beat up IMO...and I believe it was repainted on the passengers side, and he still wanted 95K with no warranty and 56k miles if I remember...cant find it now, so either he sold it or took it off the market...good luck to you!

Last edited by 991 for Fun; 01-16-2024 at 12:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:48 PM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

This time around I went with a local car [one owner] and a base model with a 2015 MSRP of 112k. It has what I need, less crap to break like my S that was 135k. And, this time I decided on a color I don't have to wash as often and is a cabriolet. I went from a stage 2 M4, which had unusable power. Good luck to you!
Old 02-03-2024, 02:57 PM
911CSC
Pro

Received 365 Likes on 188 Posts

This will be for sale soon in Auburndale FL.

Old 02-03-2024, 03:32 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,350 Likes on 760 Posts

I’m a Porsche guy so I never try to talk anyone out of buying a car “but”. If what you really want is a Turbo S and already have a new C8 why not wait if it’s not years down the road. Accumulate some cash and get what you really want instead of a fairly basic car. Just my opinion , it’s yours that counts.
timothymoffat (02-03-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 03:52 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,047 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I’m a Porsche guy so I never try to talk anyone out of buying a car “but”. If what you really want is a Turbo S and already have a new C8 why not wait if it’s not years down the road. Accumulate some cash and get what you really want instead of a fairly basic car. Just my opinion , it’s yours that counts.
This makes the most sense to me. Don't "settle" if it's not the car you truly want. If you do choose to take a swing at the car you've linked I'd suggest offering 8% less than the asking price. They'll likely say no but may also counteroffer. If they stand firm on price or you're looking for something to make the deal click for you ask for more years on CPO.

Just my ramblings. Good luck with your hunt!

Quick Reply: What price would make this 911 a "good" deal?