Sponsored by:

Anyone ever use CGSULIT SC530 for Porsche Scanner? Seems excellent

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2023, 11:09 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Anyone ever use CGSULIT SC530 for Porsche Scanner? Seems excellent

Hello All, im looking for a scanner to purchase to do basic maintenance resets on my cayenne and 911, and also things like PDK calibration, Tiptronic adaptation reset, etc. and i stumbled upon this scanner on amazon. Its called CGSUTIL, and on sale currently for $94 so i ordered one. I don't know much about these, but i feel like this scanner has a lot of special functions that are only in the $600+ scanners. For example, Bi-Directional data, battery registration, PDK special functions (fill, calibrate, etc), Tiptronic adaptation reset which is one thing i was specifically looking for, PCM Developer menu (allows you to change the boot screen of the PCM), and much more. I emailed the company and asked them what special functions are available for the 958.1 cayenne, and the 991.1 911, and they immediately responded and sent me a spreadsheet with every single function for each model. I have attached the spreadsheet if anyone is interested, or wants to look for something specific. After seeing the spreadsheet it seemed like $94 is a great deal for this scanner so i went ahead and ordered one. I'm sure there is a lot of knowledge about these scanners here so i wanted to run it by the brain trust, and see if these features really are special for a scanner that only costs $94 and/or if anyone has any experience with this brand or has this scanner. It has excellent ratings on amazon, but none are related to the model specific to porsche's. Thanks.

Amazon Amazon
Attached Files

Last edited by mikescayenne; 12-12-2023 at 12:48 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikescayenne:
Cityfisher (12-11-2023), Speed2k (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 03:55 AM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 223 Posts

Sounds interesting, you could try some programming options to see if it has some of those capabilities. Like the GT3 steering software for the 991.1 or the temp gauge programming

Last edited by Speed2k; 12-12-2023 at 03:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
cbredesen (12-12-2023)
Old 12-12-2023, 12:54 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Speed2k
Sounds interesting, you could try some programming options to see if it has some of those capabilities. Like the GT3 steering software for the 991.1 or the temp gauge programming
will do, i will keep you posted.
Speed2k (12-13-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 03:38 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Turned out to be a bummer, it did reset the tiptronic adaptation on the cayenne, but on the 991 911, the pdk calibration I wanted to do didn’t work. I was excited about that when I saw it on the spreadsheet, but when you click “begin” it immedietly throws an error “function terminated” (see pics below). My buddy said the menus look almost exactly like his foxwell nt530, so I’m thinking it’s similar device just from a different Chinese company. I updated the device with all the latest software and it still threw the same error. I emailed the company just to confirm it’s not something I’m doing wrong but I made sure all the prereqs were met too. I’ll let you know if anything changes but looks like I’m going to return this and bite the bullet and buy a PIWIS clone. Some pictures below…

Pdk Calibration menu option

Pdk calibration cont’d

Pdk calibration error
Old 12-14-2023, 04:03 PM
Chuck245
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 45 Posts

You may have done this before starting the calibration, but I remember that my Autel device states that the engine and transmission have to be at operating temperature before to start the calibration. I do not recall the exact temperature values, but the calibration wouldn't start if both the transmission and engine where not warm enough. Mentioning this because your pictures do not show this requirement in this device instructions.
Old 12-14-2023, 04:09 PM
K996
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Idle curiousity because I legitimately have no idea and have not used more sophisticated scanners..... but what could possibly go wrong with performing a calibration routine with a device like this? Is it even possible for it to brick your PDK transmission (assuming it does anything, which is yet to be determined)?
Chuck245 (12-14-2023)
Old 12-14-2023, 04:58 PM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chuck245
You may have done this before starting the calibration, but I remember that my Autel device states that the engine and transmission have to be at operating temperature before to start the calibration. I do not recall the exact temperature values, but the calibration wouldn't start if both the transmission and engine where not warm enough. Mentioning this because your pictures do not show this requirement in this device instructions.
sorry i must not have posted the picture showing that, but yes it did have a screen that told me what temps needed to be at, etc. I followed it exactly, and it still failed.
Old 12-14-2023, 05:34 PM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

Can anyone suggest a reader that will read over-revs by range in a 991.2, or is that just a dealer function?
Old 12-14-2023, 07:32 PM
Speed2k
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by mikescayenne
Turned out to be a bummer, it did reset the tiptronic adaptation on the cayenne, but on the 991 911, the pdk calibration I wanted to do didn’t work. I was excited about that when I saw it on the spreadsheet, but when you click “begin” it immedietly throws an error “function terminated” (see pics below). My buddy said the menus look almost exactly like his foxwell nt530, so I’m thinking it’s similar device just from a different Chinese company. I updated the device with all the latest software and it still threw the same error. I emailed the company just to confirm it’s not something I’m doing wrong but I made sure all the prereqs were met too. I’ll let you know if anything changes but looks like I’m going to return this and bite the bullet and buy a PIWIS clone. Some pictures below…

Pdk Calibration menu option

Pdk calibration cont’d

Pdk calibration error
Originally Posted by CTDan
Can anyone suggest a reader that will read over-revs by range in a 991.2, or is that just a dealer function?
Adam recommended the
Thinkdiag Thinkdiag
unit, which pairs with a phone, https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1281913-modifying-991-1-steering-software-2.html#post19137406 I've never tried this one before though.

Last edited by Speed2k; 12-14-2023 at 07:35 PM.
CTDan (12-14-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 08:46 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CTDan
haha this reader supposedly does this but I wouldn’t trust anything they say now (and I don’t have a manual transmission so cannot check for you). The company responded to me and told me they will report it to “R&D” and offered me a $30 refund. I mean it’s better than just saying we will look into it, but I will be returning it and buying a PIWIs clone.
CTDan (12-15-2023)
Old 12-15-2023, 10:57 AM
CTDan
Rennlist Member

Received 125 Likes on 72 Posts

haha this reader supposedly does this but I wouldn’t trust anything they say now (and I don’t have a manual transmission so cannot check for you). The company responded to me and told me they will report it to “R&D” and offered me a $30 refund. I mean it’s better than just saying we will look into it, but I will be returning it and buying a PIWIs clone.
Thanks for the report.

Dan
Old 01-06-2024, 11:02 AM
M.Martin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc530 today

Hello All, im looking for a scanner to purchase to do basic maintenance resets on my cayenne and 911, and also things like PDK calibration, Tiptronic adaptation reset, etc. and i stumbled upon this scanner on amazon. Its called CGSUTIL, and on sale currently for $94 so i ordered one. I don't know much about these, but i feel like this scanner has a lot of special functions that are only in the $600+ scanners. For example, Bi-Directional data, battery registration, PDK special functions (fill, calibrate, etc), Tiptronic adaptation reset which is one thing i was specifically looking for, PCM Developer menu (allows you to change the boot screen of the PCM), and much more. I emailed the company and asked them what special functions are available for the 958.1 cayenne, and the 991.1 911, and they immediately responded and sent me a spreadsheet with every single function for each model. I have attached the spreadsheet if anyone is interested, or wants to look for something specific. After seeing the spreadsheet it seemed like $94 is a great deal for this scanner so i went ahead and ordered one. I'm sure there is a lot of knowledge about these scanners here so i wanted to run it by the brain trust, and see if these features really are special for a scanner that only costs $94 and/or if anyone has any experience with this brand or has this scanner. It has excellent ratings on amazon, but none are related to the model specific to porsche's. Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1
Hello all. Purchased this scanner from Amazon to reset oil and service lights on my 2006 987.1 Boxster 2.6 base.

1. Used perfectly to reset 30k mile service light. Full factory reset performed on PCM display. Really cool to watch.
2. Reset the oil service interval reminder.
3. Bonus: Set SPORT mode under customer ECU settings. WOW! it really worked. Much Better throttle response and no error code. (Wonder if adding a SPORT mode panel would allow the button to work. Mine is a base with no PASM, but the ECU setting went to SPORT for the engine parameters. The panel button should toggle the mode.)
4. Diagnostic mode Check PCCM+: Runs a factory check on all systems. You can see and hear them test. Really cool.
5. Live data feeds on all parameters with graphs and downloadable data captures.

AMAZON. $118.95 on sale Dec 2023.

Old 01-07-2024, 10:43 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M.Martin
Hello all. Purchased this scanner from Amazon to reset oil and service lights on my 2006 987.1 Boxster 2.6 base.

1. Used perfectly to reset 30k mile service light. Full factory reset performed on PCM display. Really cool to watch.
2. Reset the oil service interval reminder.
3. Bonus: Set SPORT mode under customer ECU settings. WOW! it really worked. Much Better throttle response and no error code. (Wonder if adding a SPORT mode panel would allow the button to work. Mine is a base with no PASM, but the ECU setting went to SPORT for the engine parameters. The panel button should toggle the mode.)
4. Diagnostic mode Check PCCM+: Runs a factory check on all systems. You can see and hear them test. Really cool.
5. Live data feeds on all parameters with graphs and downloadable data captures.

AMAZON. $118.95 on sale Dec 2023.
great news! It’s probably better on older models. Glad to hear it worked well for you.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use CGSULIT SC530 for Porsche Scanner? Seems excellent