Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evap line replacement requires engine drop?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 06:04 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Originally Posted by rubycaymanr
I am curious as to why they can't splice it?
warrantable work.

doing it right and getting it done are two very different things in the world of automotive shops.
Old 07-11-2023, 12:28 PM
grendelrt
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I asked what the line was, they said fuel tank purge line.
Old 07-12-2023, 11:10 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

I would also confirm a repair/splice is not possible. Dealers will in some cases rip out an entire hose/harness, etc rather than making a repair to a short section if it can be accessed.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:47 PM
grendelrt
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ
I would also confirm a repair/splice is not possible. Dealers will in some cases rip out an entire hose/harness, etc rather than making a repair to a short section if it can be accessed.
I asked, they said could do it, but if it fails again I am on the hook at that point (I would no longer be able to claim insurance after that point). Since insurance is covering it, I am just going to let them do the full replacement, I don't want to get stuck with a bill later. I am not too thrilled about an engine drop on a car that basically has no issues other than a rubber hose that got chewed on :/
Old 07-16-2023, 11:12 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 384 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by grendelrt
I asked, they said could do it, but if it fails again I am on the hook at that point (I would no longer be able to claim insurance after that point). Since insurance is covering it, I am just going to let them do the full replacement, I don't want to get stuck with a bill later. I am not too thrilled about an engine drop on a car that basically has no issues other than a rubber hose that got chewed on :/
Engine drops on 911s are common and nothing to be afraid of. I had to have it done when my car threw a P24D6 and needed a check valve breather line replaced. No issues since and that was 2 years ago.
The following users liked this post:
grendelrt (07-19-2023)

Quick Reply: Evap line replacement requires engine drop?