Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Musicar stage 1+

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2023 | 07:18 AM
UH2
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cur
Shoot Nick an email, he will get back to you pretty promptly (time zone depending...)
Done
Old 06-07-2023 | 11:41 AM
911T991
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 12v Nick
Working on a package for just that task — wait 30 days and you'll have a clear path.
I'm interested in what this package will look like as well.
Old 07-02-2023 | 08:17 PM
Gaspasser19
Rennlist Member

I installed the Musicar tweeters today. Such a great improvement! I followed their YouTube video directions and it took less than an hour while really taking things slow. I’d definitely be interested in upgrading the rest of the system. How’s that website upgrade coming?
The following users liked this post:
12v Nick (07-04-2023)
Old 07-03-2023 | 10:59 AM
Cur
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
I installed the Musicar tweeters today. Such a great improvement! I followed their YouTube video directions and it took less than an hour while really taking things slow. I’d definitely be interested in upgrading the rest of the system. How’s that website upgrade coming?
Doing mine tomorrow.... any extra tips you'd pass along?
Old 07-03-2023 | 09:50 PM
Cur
Instructor

Done... very straightforward install. Took me about 15-20 minutes per side, but I went really slow. I'd imagine one of the MusicarNW guy could probably do it in 5-6 minutes.

Definitely noticeable improvement in music. Turned all the Bose processing off, set bass to 1 and treble to 0, and it was enjoyable, not too bright but with (I would say) an increase in clarity... I think? I'm not a pro, just like all sorts of loud music

Worth the money, and now I'm really interested in doing the "Stage1+" door stuff next Spring.

@12v Nick thanks so much for all the emails and support... great work!!
The following users liked this post:
12v Nick (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 02:52 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
Sounds like everything went smoothly — glad you like the new sound! New website is probably 30-45 days out at this point.

Originally Posted by Cur
Done... very straightforward install. Took me about 15-20 minutes per side, but I went really slow. I'd imagine one of the MusicarNW guy could probably do it in 5-6 minutes.

Definitely noticeable improvement in music. Turned all the Bose processing off, set bass to 1 and treble to 0, and it was enjoyable, not too bright but with (I would say) an increase in clarity... I think? I'm not a pro, just like all sorts of loud music

Worth the money, and now I'm really interested in doing the "Stage1+" door stuff next Spring.

@12v Nick thanks so much for all the emails and support... great work!!
Happy to help! Thanks again for the order!
Old 10-28-2023 | 04:52 PM
raceralan
Intermediate

Default Musicar Stage 1+ Verdict for 991.2 Base Audio

I am posting this on a couple threads in RL that I relied on to evaluate next steps for my car, so forgive me if you read this at more than one location. Just want to make sure people who could use this information can find it. I ordered the Stage 1+ from Nick at Musicar for a 991.2 base audio coupe. I rate Nick and Musicar as an A+ for knowledge and customer service. Finding an installer locally in Vegas was a challenge but I discovered one of the techs at my independent shop was an award-winning audio designer/installer and he agreed to do the work. I think they charged too much labor time (5 hours) to do the work but I had estimates from other shops I trust less of 4-6 hours. On to the results! This is a very successful and worthwhile upgrade to standard audio. Previously, road noise and poor speaker quality made it hard to even hear the melody and midrange of music playing in the car while on the highway, unless the volume was turned up to disturbing levels. Basically, I just heard a lot of base and sporadic singing. It was hard to even tell what song was playing. With the new tweeters and sound deadening, it is possible to listen to music at a normal level, hear melodies, and enjoy the music, even on rough roads where road noise is a factor. I am not looking for perfection, as this is obviously a noisy sports car with PSE etc. Therefore, going to a Stage 3 for 6 grand is not in the cards. Stage 1+ has truly made the current sound system livable and useable, which it really wasn't before. I enthusiastically endorse this package and Musicar. Hope this feedback is helpful.
Old 10-29-2023 | 01:36 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by raceralan
I am posting this on a couple threads in RL that I relied on to evaluate next steps for my car, so forgive me if you read this at more than one location. Just want to make sure people who could use this information can find it. I ordered the Stage 1+ from Nick at Musicar for a 991.2 base audio coupe. I rate Nick and Musicar as an A+ for knowledge and customer service. Finding an installer locally in Vegas was a challenge but I discovered one of the techs at my independent shop was an award-winning audio designer/installer and he agreed to do the work. I think they charged too much labor time (5 hours) to do the work but I had estimates from other shops I trust less of 4-6 hours. On to the results! This is a very successful and worthwhile upgrade to standard audio. Previously, road noise and poor speaker quality made it hard to even hear the melody and midrange of music playing in the car while on the highway, unless the volume was turned up to disturbing levels. Basically, I just heard a lot of base and sporadic singing. It was hard to even tell what song was playing. With the new tweeters and sound deadening, it is possible to listen to music at a normal level, hear melodies, and enjoy the music, even on rough roads where road noise is a factor. I am not looking for perfection, as this is obviously a noisy sports car with PSE etc. Therefore, going to a Stage 3 for 6 grand is not in the cards. Stage 1+ has truly made the current sound system livable and useable, which it really wasn't before. I enthusiastically endorse this package and Musicar. Hope this feedback is helpful.
Stage 1+ install took 5 hours labor? Seems high but if they didn’t break anything and you like the sound then forget about it.

Quick Reply: Musicar stage 1+