Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 C2S exhaust upgrade question...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 09:24 PM
madsedan
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 991.1 C2S exhaust upgrade question...

Car is sport chrono with PSE, recently installed Soul long tubes with cats. Looking to next step and obviously one of those is just buying whatever else Soul sells, but the other is the GMG WC exhaust that comes with tips and deletes the side mufflers. I am one of those people that once the water/oil temps hit 185 I'm in sport plus mode every damn time I drive, I have terrible hearing form working around race cars for decades, so I want more volume. The idea of dropping 35+ pounds off the rear removing the side mufflers is also appealing.

Does removing the side mufflers show any benefit/improvement in engine bay cooling?
Is there a downside in removing the side mufflers?
Anyone have experience or advice on sound quality?

Old 05-25-2023, 01:35 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,007 Likes on 598 Posts

I run a fabspeed sport header setup with AWE switchpatch exhaust. As much as I love to run the car full open, keeping the side mufflers for me is a nice option especially at highway cruising. It kills all the drone and having a dual sound character is something I personally really value.

I am not sure you could really feel 35lbs of weight loss in a street car with 400HP.

I vote on keeping them with a valved exhaust that can bypass the side mufflers.
Old 05-25-2023, 02:54 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts

We can get you setup with the rest of the Soul system! Contact us for great deals!

Nice to keep everything one brand if you already have one component from them. Great fitment and quality.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Last edited by Meraki Autoworks; 05-25-2023 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:10 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 701 Posts

If you don't mind the extra noise, go for it. The weight removal is nice. AFE and maybe a couple of others make side delete pipes if you still wanted to delete them but keep with the Soul theme, but than again added cost and a little more weight.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-49c36...er-delete-pipe
Old 05-26-2023, 05:28 AM
user 6292710
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madsedan
Car is sport chrono with PSE, recently installed Soul long tubes with cats. Looking to next step and obviously one of those is just buying whatever else Soul sells, but the other is the GMG WC exhaust that comes with tips and deletes the side mufflers. I am one of those people that once the water/oil temps hit 185 I'm in sport plus mode every damn time I drive, I have terrible hearing form working around race cars for decades, so I want more volume. The idea of dropping 35+ pounds off the rear removing the side mufflers is also appealing.

Does removing the side mufflers show any benefit/improvement in engine bay cooling?
Is there a downside in removing the side mufflers?
Anyone have experience or advice on sound quality?

I have a GTS, with flaps locked open and side mufflers delete.
I like the sound (despite a bit raspy) but I have to say it may be just a bit too loud for someone and droney from inside. Ideally to me the best would be in between a locked open PSE and the side mufflers delete.
If you like something that may be a bit too much, then the side mufflers delete is a relatively inexpensive mod, that you can do yourself, and saves some weight.
If you drive the car for long highway distances, then I would think twice.
The following users liked this post:
Cur (05-26-2023)

Quick Reply: 991.1 C2S exhaust upgrade question...