Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Mileage Risk? 2013 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 12:56 PM
DC911S
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 139 Posts

Even the factory X51 power kit is not even close to that. A NA car is not going to make that much extra HP with bolt on mods and a tune. Not happening.
Old 05-25-2023, 12:57 PM
ZanzibarCab
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MingusDew
You realize advertised peak hp gains aren’t necessarily at the same rpm and don’t stack, right? You don’t just sit there and go “this gives 20 hp, this gives 10, and that gives 10, so now I have 40 more up!” Not to mention, dyno numbers are notoriously unreliable, even the same car the same day has variation 5-10hp, let alone different cars, different dynos.
I know. Just doing best case ballparks to do an initial feasibility check because it’s impossible to know how they’ll interact based on the limited info I have. I should hopefully know more from the shop later today. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-25-2023, 05:42 PM
TimYH
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgags
A 580hp 2013 911S? Tune and exhaust gives 180hp?
Did they seriously claim that on the listing? That's almost 100 HP over a 991.1 GT3 RS engine which is just comedic. I mean, maybe Demann or some engine builder could get close, but no way in hell could you get those numbers with just bolt-ons with a .1 engine.
Old 05-25-2023, 06:46 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 321 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by ZanzibarCab
Yeah, the seller is claiming sub-3 0-60 times which would be a blast but seems too good to be true, right? The advertised hp figures I can find are:
  • Fabspeed Exhaust - 27
  • Fabspeed Headers - 15
  • IPD Plenum - 15

That would require 123hp from the airbox and tune. I’m in touch with the shop that did the work to figure out exactly what’s going on.
Based on the aftermarket equipment, the seller likely rode that horse hard. The cars are stout but ... that should be added to the mileage as a factor in your bargaining and in your purchase decision.
Old 05-25-2023, 07:20 PM
Catharpin
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Catharpin
Not many 100K for sale because people who keep them that long are enjoying them, not selling them. I had planned to keep my last one way past 100K, but some lady entering a roundabout had a different plan. I was @ 80K and insurance paid out more than I bought the car for, so even with the miles, it held it's value in the current market. Is it a PDK or manual? Get a DME report either way and see how many miles/hours/starts are on the car. This will give you somewhat of an indication on how it was used. From what I can tell bore scoring isn't really a thing on these cars. If you had a previous owner who decided to "warm it up" before driving, the DME might give you some insight if that was the case. Even then it is not a common occurrence on the 9A1 engine according to what we see in this forum. These cars are robust. If it is a car that has the options you want/need and speaks to you, I wouldn't shy away due to mileage, assuming it is appropriately priced. As a bonus you can use the milage as leverage in negotiations.
I retract my earlier statements after seeing the ebay auction.

Quick Reply: High Mileage Risk? 2013 C4S