Rennlist Member

Received 922 Likes on 460 Posts

The following users liked this post:
Viper1000 (04-14-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 03:44 PM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

My car is also a 2017 C2S. My oil level information can be accessed even while I am driving, and is usually available on the MFD screen even when the car is cold. All services to date have been performed by the original selling dealership.

I'm about to try my first oil and filter change, and to use my recently purchased iCarsoft POR V3.0 to reset the oil service indicator. I updated the iCarsoft device after receiving it.

Today I did my first oil and filter change, and used my iCarsoft POR V3.0 to reset the oil service reminder. That was a bit finicky until I realized that I had to enter a "." between each grroup of numbers. For reasons I don't understand, the iCarsoft tool required me to enter the year, month, date within the month, the hour and the minute with a "." between each set of numbers before it would accept my entry. What's the reason for detailing the time of the service to the hour and minute?

The oil and filter service were much easier than I was expecting, thanks to those people who posted their own protocols on Rennlist in the Thread labeled "991.2 Oil Change... More Tips!"

Last edited by DR911s; 04-12-2023 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Add information
Old 04-13-2023, 10:38 AM
straka
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

The only time I reset the oil service indicator is when the prompt appears on the instrument cluster, about every 10,000 miles according to the Porsche maintenance interval. This is not based on my actual oil changes about every 5-6,000 miles. I don't reset the oil change interval after my oil changes since there is no prompt. I write the miles at the time of my oil change on a sticker placed inside the door as a reminder.
Old 04-13-2023, 05:38 PM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

I keep a detailed log book in the glove box of each of my cars. And a file folder of the parts receipts. Very handy for my own reference, and valuable when selling a car. My entries include every fuel fillup, oil change, oil addition, transmission and differential lubricants changes, windshield wipers, etc. including mileage and date.

I also create in the back of the log book entries for common replacement parts such as filters and brake pads, rotors, brake wear sensors and when I first buy a new set of pads, I measure them and write in that data, too, so I can use it for my own reference and judgments of remaining service life. This data comes in handy when shopping for replacement parts online to help ensure that you get the correct parts for your car.
The following users liked this post:
Pavegeno928 (04-13-2023)

Quick Reply: Zero out oil change message?