Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RennFax request - Wichita, KS (March 2023)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 07:47 PM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RennFax request - Wichita, KS (March 2023)

Any Rennlisters might want to go look at a car for me and tell me what you think? I'm currently located in Austin, TX but considering a car from there. PM me if willing to assist.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:13 PM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

bumping to the top
Old 04-12-2023, 10:34 PM
BotterBuilder
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 26 Posts

What car? I was just looking at a Red 911 down there.
Old 04-13-2023, 12:18 AM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BotterBuilder
What car? I was just looking at a Red 911 down there.
I was looking at a 2017 at the Porsche dealership and also a 2017 red 911 at Eddys Chevrolet.
Old 04-13-2023, 09:46 AM
BotterBuilder
Advanced

Originally Posted by slowrey
I was looking at a 2017 at the Porsche dealership and also a 2017 red 911 at Eddys Chevrolet.
I'm aware of both vehicles. I almost purchased the red one at Eddy's two weekends ago.

I had the car sent to Porsche of Wichita for a PPI. I spoke with the technician who performed the PPI and here is what he found:
-Car needs tires all around, especially front. He said the front tires are 5 years old are starting to crack
-Rear hood shocks are bad & need replaced
-Battery tested as defective & needs replaced
-Battery cover is missing
-HVAC buttons are sticky. He said it's common though.
-Entire driver side has been REPAINTED. He said he used a paint gun to see that the fender, door, roof, and rear quarter panel had all been repainted. The Carfax is clean so there's a story that isn't being told or is known. He said the driver side door has been off the car & he could see the hardware bolts were not painted like they should have been from the factory.

I had the entire deal ready to go to purchase the car the following day, but after hearing that, I immediately back out of the deal. I ended up buying a 1-owner CPO in Chicago this past weekend instead that was a few thousand more but DEFINITELY worth it.

In regard to the silver one at Porsche Wichita- that is a very clean car. I believe it has 13k miles and it's CPO... so you have nothing to worry about. Within a 500 mile radius of me (I'm in Kansas City), it's the only 1-owner CPO available. I just didn't want silver. lol

Last edited by BotterBuilder; 04-13-2023 at 09:48 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by BotterBuilder:
bighoward503 (04-13-2023), Cur (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 09:53 AM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

I'm aware of both vehicles. I almost purchased the red one at Eddy's two weekends ago.

I had the car sent to Porsche of Wichita for a PPI. I spoke with the technician who performed the PPI and here is what he found:
-Car needs tires all around, especially front. He said the front tires are 5 years old are starting to crack
-Entire driver side has been REPAINTED. He said he used a paint gun to see that the fender, door, roof, and rear quarter panel had all been repainted. The Carfax is clean so there's a story that isn't being told or is known. He said the driver side door has been off the car & he could see the hardware bolts were not painted like they should have been from the factory.

I had the entire deal ready to go to purchase the car the following day, but after hearing that, I immediately back out of the deal. I ended up buying a 1-owner CPO in Chicago this past weekend instead that was a few thousand more but DEFINITELY worth it.

In regard to the silver one at Porsche Wichita- that is a very clean car. I believe it has 13k miles and it's CPO... so you have nothing to worry about. Within a 500 mile radius of me (I'm in Kansas City), it's the only 1-owner CPO available. I just didn't want silver. lol
Oh man that red one at Eddy's had leather interior and was listed as Carmine red but shows up as Guard on vinanalytics. It's beautiful though. Cross that one off my list.
As far as the 2017 Silver CPO car, I'll have to look into that one again. I'm actually from KC but live in Austin now. Thanks for the information!!
By the way I'd like to see your new car and the specs!
Old 04-13-2023, 11:24 AM
Cur
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

That silver one is on my short list of cars I've been looking at... I love the Rhodium Silver!

I'm just trying to squeeze a "S" into my budget first, though
Old 04-13-2023, 11:36 AM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cur
That silver one is on my short list of cars I've been looking at... I love the Rhodium Silver!

I'm just trying to squeeze a "S" into my budget first, though
Yeah I didn't pull the trigger on the base because I really want an S as well.
Old 04-13-2023, 11:42 AM
BotterBuilder
Advanced

Here's a picture! It's a 1-owner, previously owned by a woman in her mid 40's. I still have her registration information in the glove box lol

25k miles
CPO
Sport Exhaust
Premium Plus Package
Original MSRP was $114k

I have a few mods on the way already. I'm going with the g2 caliper paint kit in Miami Blue, sport front lip, and GT3RS side skirts!

Last edited by BotterBuilder; 04-13-2023 at 11:43 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Cur (04-13-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 11:45 AM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

Here's a picture! It's a 1-owner, previously owned by a woman in her mid 40's. I still have her registration information in the glove box lol

25k miles
CPO
Sport Exhaust
Premium Plus Package
Original MSRP was $114k

I have a few mods on the way already. I'm going with the g2 caliper paint kit in Miami Blue, sport front lip, and GT3RS side skirts!
She's hot. I want white, red, or GT Silver!
Old 04-13-2023, 11:08 PM
BotterBuilder
Advanced

I really wanted red... like BAD! I've dreamed of having a red 911 for a decade now. But you can't go wrong with white lol- I actually want to wrap it Miami Blue.
Old 04-13-2023, 11:33 PM
slowrey
Rennlist Member

I really wanted red... like BAD! I've dreamed of having a red 911 for a decade now. But you can't go wrong with white lol- I actually want to wrap it Miami Blue.
I hear you I want red really bad too, especially Carmine Red.
The following users liked this post:
Cur (04-14-2023)
Old 04-13-2023, 11:45 PM
BotterBuilder
Advanced

Originally Posted by slowrey
I hear you I want red really bad too, especially Carmine Red.
Guard's red is where it's at lololol

Quick Reply: RennFax request - Wichita, KS (March 2023)