Sponsored by:

P001175 Water Valve Open Circuit Code

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2023, 12:29 AM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Default P001175 Water Valve Open Circuit Code

I keep getting a P001175 error code "Water Valve -Short Circuit to Ground or Open Circuit" from the Air Conditioning System module on my 2018 GTS. Forum searches and web searches have not provided any details. I have erased the code multiple times only to find it re-sets after I drive the car. My climate control system seems to be operating correctly. Has anyone had this code pop up and if so what were you able to identify which water valve is it associated with? I am guessing it is the valve that controls the water into the heater core. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2023, 11:57 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

So after looking more into this, it looks like could be a COV problem. There is a COV in the valve block that controls the coolant flow to the heater core (#5). Although my AC and heat seem to be working, there maybe an intermittent problem with that particular COV or the associated wiring. I would start with removing the electrical connector and checking the resistance of the COV. Pierburg's website show the spec for the coil's resistance.

Can one COV be replaced in the rear valve block or does the entire valve block and the other 5 COVs all need to be replaced together? From the attached photo it is hard to tell how the COVs can be separated from the valve block.

Old 03-01-2023, 03:36 AM
xiulaba
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am looking to get Carrera T and did a PPI on one, it has the same fault code as yours. Did you manage to track down the issue and whether just one cable can be changed or the whole block needs to be swapped out? Thanks.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:07 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

I have not investigate this code any further so far. I cleared the code and "exercised" my HVAC system and so far the code has not returned. As I mentioned before I could not detect any performance issues with my A/C. Are you experiencing any HVAC problems?

I also have not determined if the one COV that this code refers to can be replaced from the valve body behind the bumper of the entire valve body needs to be replaced. I am optimistic that one can dissemble the valve body and replace one faulty COV if that is the cause of the code. Also want to mention I am still on the factory water pump with no leaks because if coolant were to migrate into the valve that could have caused the valve to fail.

Lets us know what you find out.
Old 03-02-2023, 07:48 PM
devtec
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 89 Posts

Sounds like could be result of internal water pump leak—fouls valves in COV block. You will not see any evidence of an external leak.

Should be covered under Porsche’s extended warranty for water pumps.

Last edited by devtec; 03-02-2023 at 08:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
911BOSS (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 08:10 PM
xiulaba
AutoX

Originally Posted by 911BOSS
I have not investigate this code any further so far. I cleared the code and "exercised" my HVAC system and so far the code has not returned. As I mentioned before I could not detect any performance issues with my A/C. Are you experiencing any HVAC problems?

I also have not determined if the one COV that this code refers to can be replaced from the valve body behind the bumper of the entire valve body needs to be replaced. I am optimistic that one can dissemble the valve body and replace one faulty COV if that is the cause of the code. Also want to mention I am still on the factory water pump with no leaks because if coolant were to migrate into the valve that could have caused the valve to fail.

Lets us know what you find out.
Thanks for the reply. I haven’t purchase the car yet, but the PPI checks didn’t see issues with the HVAC also. Our climate here is tropical so didn’t really test the heater but the air cond is cold. The Porsche workshop that did the PPI clear the fault codes and they did not reappear after a short test drive.

I looked up Suncoast parts list and they do have individual COV for sale so I guess it should be replaceable. The car I’m looking at is a 2018 model and no leaks from the water pump yet. Hoping the car is good as car prices here in Malaysia is high because of the tax. This 2018 Carrera T is selling at 149k usd, and that’s considered a good deal here!
Old 03-02-2023, 08:12 PM
xiulaba
AutoX

Originally Posted by devtec
Sounds like could be result of internal water pump leak—fouls valves in COV block. Should be covered under Porsche’s extended warranty for water pumps.
Ya this is what I’m concerned but so far the PPI checks on my car did not observed any leaks from the water pump (yet?) and 911BOSS car doesn’t have signs of leaks yet too. Will keep an eye out or swap out the water pump if I do buy the car. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2023, 08:57 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Given the fact that they could clear the code and it has not come back, I would not be too concerned. Especially if the 10 year warranty applies to your pump. If you do end up having to replace the COV without the warranty and can buy the part in the states, Gaudin Porsche will save you some money.

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/o...QtMGwtaDYtZ2Fz

Old 03-02-2023, 09:07 PM
xiulaba
AutoX

Originally Posted by 911BOSS
Given the fact that they could clear the code and it has not come back, I would not be too concerned. Especially if the 10 year warranty applies to your pump. If you do end up having to replace the COV without the warranty and can buy the part in the states, Gaudin Porsche will save you some money.

https://www.gaudinporscheparts.com/o...QtMGwtaDYtZ2Fz
Thanks for the link to the parts. The pump warranty is not covered here in Malaysia and the car is out of warranty also. Let’s hope the hotter climate here doesn’t pose an issue to the cooling system.

Quick Reply: P001175 Water Valve Open Circuit Code