Sponsored by:

19-inch wheels (specifically HRE) on a 991.2 4 GTS Fitment Quesiton

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Andy515
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 84 Posts
Default 19-inch wheels (specifically HRE) on a 991.2 4 GTS Fitment Quesiton

Curious if anyone as put 19-inch HRE wheels on a 991.2 4s or GTS and can comment if they fit. My car goes not have RAS so it looks like they should but am hoping someone else has done this before I pull the trigger... I know other brands like Apex do fit but am not completely sure on HRE. I like the look fo 19 inch wheels and am going to track this year so like the added tire profile. Anyway, any insight is appreciated!
Old 02-06-2023, 01:24 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Are you looking at a used set of HREs? Something specific?

We can get you situated with proper fitment.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 02-06-2023, 01:37 PM
Andy515
Racer

Received 198 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Are you looking at a used set of HREs? Something specific?

We can get you situated with proper fitment.

-Josh
yeah looking at a used set of 19-inch classic 300s with stock offsets.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:20 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy515
yeah looking at a used set of 19-inch classic 300s with stock offsets.
Be very careful on wheel size selection on the 991.2 GTS. I had a set of O.Z. wheels, rubbed on the rear wheel carriers...had to sell them, lost 50% +, as to be expected. Perhaps they rubbed because the rims were too thick.

Before making another expensive mistake on wheel selection for my 991.2 GTS, I decided that a second set of Factory GTS wheels would have to do..they would fit for certain. Another thing for certain, they would be expensive...paid over $4,000 for the wheels + freight..net/net I was into the wheels about $4,350, They seller had the wheels spun up and his expense, and he packed them. I used www.pirateship.com for pay for the freight, went on line and plugged in the dimensions of the boxes and their weight, www.pirateship.com generated the labels that were sent to the seller. Of course they fit....then I decided not to track the car, and planned to sell the wheels. Up on RENNLIST classified they went.

Selling and buying used wheels is a headache. As a seller, you know you are in for the "Grind". You also have to deal with shipping them. Even if the buyer agrees to pay freight, you still got to pack them up. This is a time consuming process, but it can be made easier if you have saved the boxes from a previous wheel purchase. To be fair to the buyer, you need to take the wheels to a shop and have them spun up to certify they are "Straight and True", figure about $250 for this process and it's on your "dime"....if you have tires on the wheels, they need to be removed. You DON'T want to ship wheels with tires...freight will we horrific.

I sold my wheels to a RENNLISTER buyer with a local address, about 2 hours a way. Yes I spent 4 hours round trip, but I avoided the packing and shipping chore. He was a perfect gentleman and payment went seamlessly. Of course the wheels didn't sell at asking price, I didn't expect that..I received a fair price for them. A I recall we used VENMO, or some such electronic mechanism.

He is the point of all this. If you are taking a 991.2 to the rack, and you are not obsessive/compulsive about being the fastest driver there with your $100,000 car, you don't need a second set of wheel. She take those Pirelli street tires off, and shoe the car with some UTQC 100 to 280 rated tires and drive them on the track and the street. You may want to consider a set of racing pads....they will be expensive and noisy, and produce copious amounts of brake dust. You never see it though, with the 991.2 GTS center locks being black.

Installing those pads will at your local shop will be expensive. RS 29 pads will run about $1,500 a set. The labor to pull the wheels, install the pads will set you back at least 3 hours. If you decide to do the install yourself, you need to buy 48" torque wrench, 36" to 48" breaker bar, jack stands, a racing jack, aluminum paste for lubrication, brake caliper expander, wheel chocks, etc., etc.....and prepare will visit a new realm of work changing out those center locks. It helps to acquire a RENNtorque torque multiplier, $2,200. With this you device you can get by with a standard 24 torque wrench, but keep a 48" breaker bar handy, you may need it, experience has taught me this, and I use a RENNtorq.

I am rambling..too much expresso.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
GTS Wheels for Sale..docx (21.9 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Martin S.; 02-07-2023 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: 19-inch wheels (specifically HRE) on a 991.2 4 GTS Fitment Quesiton