Sponsored by:

991.1 Rear Splitters / Skirts installed - pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2024 | 09:11 PM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by itbme
awesome! does the form send a confirmation mail?
Originally Posted by Heartwork
Awesome, registered for waitlist but didn’t get a confirmation either.
@itbme & @Heartwork we've updated the registration response message as it may not have been super clear earlier.
We won't send out response emails but you will get a confirmation message on the browser after the form submission.

Originally Posted by CarreraFahrer
Can’t wait. Do you have an ETA for shipping?
@CarreraFahrer starting early October.

By Porsche enthusiasts
For Porsche enthusiasts

The following users liked this post:
CarreraFahrer (09-22-2024)
Old 09-22-2024 | 09:47 PM
whuht
Intermediate

Same experience.
Old 09-22-2024 | 10:28 PM
Viper1000
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by whuht
Same experience.
Here as well.
Old 09-23-2024 | 11:49 AM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by itbme
awesome! does the form send a confirmation mail?
Same experience.
Originally Posted by Viper1000
Here as well.
@itbme , @Heartwork , @whuht & @Viper1000 you may have submitted before we fixed the notification page. If you could drop us an email (support@emc2design.com) with your name and last name we can check the waitlist to verify if your submission went through. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

For others we've verified independently that the waitlist submission confirmation page on the website is now working as it should.
The following 2 users liked this post by Emc2design:
itbme (09-23-2024), Viper1000 (09-23-2024)
Old 09-23-2024 | 01:56 PM
Viper1000
Rennlist Member

Message just sent. Thanks S Minor
Old 09-23-2024 | 09:28 PM
bmxtreme
Pro

Looks good.
Old 09-24-2024 | 10:53 AM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Viper1000
Message just sent. Thanks S Minor
Originally Posted by bmxtreme
Looks good.
thanks @Viper1000 & @bmxtreme
Old 09-24-2024 | 01:14 PM
whuht
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Emc2design
@itbme , @Heartwork , @whuht & @Viper1000 you may have submitted before we fixed the notification page. If you could drop us an email (support@emc2design.com) with your name and last name we can check the waitlist to verify if your submission went through. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

For others we've verified independently that the waitlist submission confirmation page on the website is now working as it should.
Email sent also. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2024 | 05:52 PM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Email sent also. Thanks!
Thank you @whuht
Old 10-04-2024 | 05:36 PM
innout
Instructor

@Emc2design I've submitted my waitlist order, but haven't received a confirmation email. I'm not sure if the response is manual (therefore taking time) or automatic.
Old 10-04-2024 | 07:23 PM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by innout
@Emc2design I've submitted my waitlist order, but haven't received a confirmation email. I'm not sure if the response is manual (therefore taking time) or automatic.
@innout the site will show an acknowledgement page when done (no emails are sent). If you drop us an email to support@emc2design.com with your details we can let you know if we have your registration. Thanks
Old Yesterday | 12:41 AM
Nashvegas
Pro

I've been reading the other thread and I have questions on the Trim-Lok step of the install (#7) which surprised me when I saw the video. The rest of the kit looks superb. As thoroughly excited as I am for this product, I'm not sure if I'm keen on the Trim-lok.

What happens if I don't use the Trim-lok (or the Sikaflex alternative), ie skip that step altogether?
Small gap -- if so, any pics of said gap?
Do you happen to have more high resolution pictures up close of the skirts mounted, showing up close after the Trim-Lok seal is mounted?

I think that might help see what it looks like. Bit tough to zoom in on the photos of the blue car and the video (which is great, by the way).
CarreraFahrer (Yesterday)
Old Today | 12:27 PM
innout
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nashvegas

I think that might help see what it looks like. Bit tough to zoom in on the photos of the blue car and the video (which is great, by the way).
Agreed and I asked the same question in the other dedicated thread.
Old Today | 12:51 PM
Heartwork
Rennlist Member

Every single OEM wide body side skirt on a narrow body 911 will have a gap. The Trim-Lok looks like a good solution and not as messy as caulk.
CarreraFahrer (Today)
Old Today | 03:01 PM
Emc2design
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nashvegas
I've been reading the other thread and I have questions on the Trim-Lok step of the install (#7) which surprised me when I saw the video. The rest of the kit looks superb. As thoroughly excited as I am for this product, I'm not sure if I'm keen on the Trim-lok.

What happens if I don't use the Trim-lok (or the Sikaflex alternative), ie skip that step altogether?
Small gap -- if so, any pics of said gap?
Do you happen to have more high resolution pictures up close of the skirts mounted, showing up close after the Trim-Lok seal is mounted?

Originally Posted by innout
Agreed and I asked the same question in the other dedicated thread.
Every single OEM wide body side skirt on a narrow body 911 will have a gap. The Trim-Lok looks like a good solution and not as messy as caulk.
@Nashvegas & @innout .

@Heartwork said it as well as I could... without a proper seam to work and even though we have it as accurate as you can get, you can never have zero gaps.

Also it should be noted that the top edge of the skirt is not designed to be exposed and does not look right without being finished off properly. So even if you had zero gaps it still would not look properly finished. Therefore in my view, one should either use the Trim-Lok or use a sealant in order to make it look properly finished.

In case you missed it earlier, I tested a huge number of trim types in order to find the one that was a) most discreet, b) most durable, and c) easy for any DIY'er to install. The Trim-Lok that we use is a custom order that is the narrowest you can get, and holds extremely well with the 3M backing.

I actually really wanted a J style or 1/4 round profile to work but the combination of fluctuating skirt thickness and inner profile as well as the vehicle/skirt interface meant that in certain light conditions it would always end up looking "wavy" even if you spent an hour trying to apply it perfectly.
If you browse the various DIY's you'll see that some members already discovered this problem.

Below are a couple of close-up 991 pics as requested, as well as one from a red 997 just to show that even on a lighter color car the trim-lok basically ends up looking like it is part of the side skirt.
Hope this helps.

CarreraFahrer (Today)

Quick Reply: 991.1 Rear Splitters / Skirts installed - pics