Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GTS Fault Code Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 08:18 PM
Scutterpants
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last I heard, some sensors were replaced on the low pressure fuel pump and this was the magical fix.

Any questions, let me know.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:33 PM
Davesrave
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scutterpants
Last I heard, some sensors were replaced on the low pressure fuel pump and this was the magical fix.

Any questions, let me know.
"magical fix" - Of course!
The following users liked this post:
Scutterpants (05-26-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 08:55 PM
straka
Racer

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

I'm suspicious of dealerships that are unable to find a fix to a warranted Porsche and then buy the car from the customer, find the fix and sell it for a profit. This purchase method is a sign of the times to profit on the sale of late model 911s that other wise would not be in their used car inventory. Trade in 911s are few and command a premium price. My CPO 2017 991.2 S has a problem with Apple Car Play that makes it inoperable. For two years I've fought with the dealership and Porsche Customer Service (three case numbers with no solution, each time being ignored after several conversations with Porsche Customer Service.) I previously documented this problem extensively on another thread here. The final insult came from the dealership recently when they told me "all Porsches have this problem," and then the salesman wanted me to trade in my Porsche on a new 992! My CPO warranty ends in several weeks and the problem that makes Apple Car Play inoperable still remains. I'm convinced it's the PCM. They won't replace it.
The following 2 users liked this post by straka:
Scutterpants (05-26-2023), Tuner1 (05-26-2023)
Old 05-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Scutterpants
Track Day

Originally Posted by Davesrave
"magical fix" - Of course!
Yes, especially as the low pressure pump complete with sensor was replaced a couple of months ago. I feel for the next owner.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:21 AM
Scutterpants
Track Day

Originally Posted by straka
I'm suspicious of dealerships that are unable to find a fix to a warranted Porsche and then buy the car from the customer, find the fix and sell it for a profit. This purchase method is a sign of the times to profit on the sale of late model 911s that other wise would not be in their used car inventory. Trade in 911s are few and command a premium price. My CPO 2017 991.2 S has a problem with Apple Car Play that makes it inoperable. For two years I've fought with the dealership and Porsche Customer Service (three case numbers with no solution, each time being ignored after several conversations with Porsche Customer Service.) I previously documented this problem extensively on another thread here. The final insult came from the dealership recently when they told me "all Porsches have this problem," and then the salesman wanted me to trade in my Porsche on a new 992! My CPO warranty ends in several weeks and the problem that makes Apple Car Play inoperable still remains. I'm convinced it's the PCM. They won't replace it.
I’m sorry to hear about your trouble. I lodged a case with The Motor Ombudsman (UK) in Feb or March, and it will be July or August before they will have the opportunity to do anything. Hardly a surprise, seeing as it’s funded by the dealerships. If you’re UK based, I would suggest you lodge a complaint. It’s fairly quick (and free) process on the website.
Old 05-26-2023, 11:23 AM
Scutterpants
Track Day

In case anyone searches for the car on here, this is the VIN:

WP0ZZZ99ZJS1114186
Old 05-30-2023, 01:42 AM
DR911s
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by straka
I had a similar Car Play problem on my CPO 2017 C2S. Car Play would function, then it wouldn't, and of course, it would cut out when I was using Waze to navigate in an area in which I knew nothing about the local roads. A friend of mine riding along with me noticed that when he pressed on the center console area under the arm rest [where the iPhone is supposed to be located when in use with Car Play] that he could cause the signal to be disrupted, and of course, Car Play didn't automatically re-start or re-connect itself; I had to disconnect the cable from the iPhone and re-connect it to regain Car Play.

After I explained that revelation to the dealership and showed them that I was using a newly purchased genuine Apple cable, they agreed there was a connection problem and gave me a loaner vehicle since mine was still under OEM warranty. They fixed the problem by removing the console and replacing both the receptacle in the console under the center arm rest, and the cable that extends from that receptacle to the PCM. I now leave the Apple cable connected to the receptacle under the center arm rest, and only connect/disconnect my iPhone 11 at the iPhone. No more issues with Car Play function.

Also, I have repeatedly confirmed that Waze works better if I leave the iPhone outside of the place under the arm rest that Porsche designed for it. The Europeans get enhanced reception when an iPhone is placed in that covered location because the iPhone then uses an antenna of the car instead of that of the iPhone, but this function is disabled or removed for the USA market.

Good luck in resolving your issue.

The following users liked this post:
straka (05-30-2023)

Quick Reply: 991.2 GTS Fault Code Help