Sponsored by:

Valentine 1, Gen 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 11:14 AM
Cur
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by mikescayenne
i sent @Porsche0911 a message but it looks like he already sold that V2. Im looking for a V1 or V2 to purchase if anyone has any for sale or if anyone has a Uniden R7/R8 for sale would be interested in that as well. Thanks.
If you end up with a Uniden, I might have a Blendmount for sale. Trying to figure out if I like it, or the style of mount I had in my Audi.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:12 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by Tpup
I have 3 V1s, have not used them in years. Don't see the point. Between Waze and paying attention I have not received a ticket in 10+ years. Frankly I'd rather pay the ticket than listen to the damn thing go off all the time which is why I stopped using them in the first place. Not interesting in screwing around with an app to block this or that, if the thing won't work on it's own I'll leave it at home.
Depending on how the speed limit is enforced, paying attention won't help sometimes.

As mentioned, the way the highway police traffic the most used highway (going to and from the mountains), they are rarely stationary traps.
Waze and paying attention won't help you in my part of the world.

The only thing that will help is a radar detector that has both front and rear capabilities.
As for a 'noisy' detector the V1G2 was so quiet my wife was convinced it was broken, but it was just better than the V1G1.

I still use my V1G1 with JBV1 and it is quiet except for when it is needed. But my wife said I need to upgrade to the newer unit b/c it 'looks nicer and is quieter'.

Old 06-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by thesaintusa
Depending on how the speed limit is enforced, paying attention won't help sometimes.

As mentioned, the way the highway police traffic the most used highway (going to and from the mountains), they are rarely stationary traps.
Waze and paying attention won't help you in my part of the world.

The only thing that will help is a radar detector that has both front and rear capabilities.
As for a 'noisy' detector the V1G2 was so quiet my wife was convinced it was broken, but it was just better than the V1G1.

I still use my V1G1 with JBV1 and it is quiet except for when it is needed. But my wife said I need to upgrade to the newer unit b/c it 'looks nicer and is quieter'.
Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. I like the idea of one for trips. I used to wire them into the car to be "on" when the car was on and in ATL that worked ok. When I moved to MKE it was horrible in town to the point I pulled them out of the cars...

Quick Reply: Valentine 1, Gen 2