Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Headlight Replacement bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2023, 05:02 AM
mikescayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

i did a whole write up on this, but the chinese LED's i put in my car are amazing! i cant believe how much they light up the road. I replaced the D3S low beams and H7 halogen high beams. I started with just replacing the halogens and was so impressed with them i decided to replace the HID's too. I would never switch back to stock now, and they are going strong for a few months now. No flickering at all, the only thing is that the H7 LED bulbs stay on very faintly when you turn off the car, but its totally harmless. Its just because LED's take such little power to light them, that the tiny amount of power coming from the back of the plug is enough to light them up just a tiny bit. Here is the comparison write-up i did:

​​​​​​https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1341...ned-off-2.html

Last edited by mikescayenne; 07-04-2023 at 05:06 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Schorsch (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Silversun262
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 75 Posts

Got to remove the front bumper to get the lights out. Its not as bad as it sounds but its not like the 991.1. Not sure why they would make it so hard other than to boost service hours at dealers.
Old 07-05-2023, 05:17 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,216 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Silversun262
Got to remove the front bumper to get the lights out. Its not as bad as it sounds but its not like the 991.1. Not sure why they would make it so hard other than to boost service hours at dealers.
Because the headlights were so easy to remove in 997/991.1 that they were being stolen.
Old 07-07-2023, 12:07 AM
Silversun262
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 75 Posts

how easy? Still need to open front.

Originally Posted by MingusDew
Because the headlights were so easy to remove in 997/991.1 that they were being stolen.
Old 07-07-2023, 05:45 AM
Anas
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2017 carerra 4S 991.2 passenger side Xenon headlight bulb need to be repalced becuase it does not work ( the high beam and the led works fine) !!
do i need to remove the headlight ( and the whole front bumper ) just to change the passenger side bulb ???

My headlight As shown in the photo below :

Last edited by Anas; 07-07-2023 at 05:46 AM.
Old 07-09-2023, 06:11 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Anas
My 2017 carerra 4S 991.2 passenger side Xenon headlight bulb need to be repalced becuase it does not work ( the high beam and the led works fine) !!
do i need to remove the headlight ( and the whole front bumper ) just to change the passenger side bulb ???

My headlight As shown in the photo below :

front bumper removal is not difficult. Did the removal and install by myself. Bumper goes back easily since it has guides to make sure alignment is good. Removal takes 30-45 minutes
Old 02-22-2024, 03:36 PM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mikescayenne
i did a whole write up on this, but the chinese LED's i put in my car are amazing! i cant believe how much they light up the road. I replaced the D3S low beams and H7 halogen high beams. I started with just replacing the halogens and was so impressed with them i decided to replace the HID's too. I would never switch back to stock now, and they are going strong for a few months now. No flickering at all, the only thing is that the H7 LED bulbs stay on very faintly when you turn off the car, but its totally harmless. Its just because LED's take such little power to light them, that the tiny amount of power coming from the back of the plug is enough to light them up just a tiny bit. Here is the comparison write-up i did:

​​​​​​https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1341...ned-off-2.html
Just a bit of clarification here after I went looking myself at my own PDLS (not plus). I don't think it's correct to say that the D3S is a low beam and H7 is a high beam. During normal operation, the D3S projector is lit up and the H7 lower third is not. When the high beams are toggled on, the projector rotates up a few degrees and the H7 comes on. When flashing momentarily (pull the stalk back), only the H7 comes on.

In my case, the H7 is a halogen style bulb and the D3S is a much whiter, brighter HID. I'm not sure how much the H7 actually contributes to light output but when flashing lights during the day (headlights off), it's pretty weak. I would ultimately like to color match them and also add brightness and maybe a bit of whiteness to the whole setup. Still researching the best way to do this.....

Please correct me here if anything is wrong...

Quick Reply: Best Headlight Replacement bulbs