Sponsored by:

Intel on 2016 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2022, 12:35 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,987 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by fluid15
Why would the dealer decline to do the PPI? When I bought mine in Colorado the dealer was very cordial and accommodating.
things have changed in the last 24 months. Regular service and breakdown appointments are 3-4 weeks out and usually both buyers and sellers dont have that much time to hang around.

I prefer a private Porsche shop for PPI anyways. Unless you get lucky with a veteran master mechanic at the dealer, the rookie doing a PPI will probably not do as good a job as a Private Porsche Shop with years of experience.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 422 Likes on 303 Posts
Default Lady I play tennis with

Was told it was going to be 2 to 3 weeks just to look at her vw by capital porsche. Last time i tried to schedule an aappointment they never called me back (3 Calls for a warranty fix). Hopefully one day soon dealers are out of business. There has been a rash of poorly run businesses treating customers like garbage. Ford corporate is one example of an impressive dumpster fire. Only the unregulated airlines can have unlimited lifetimes of treating their paying customers as the enemy. The model has to change and is ripe for disruption.

Originally Posted by desmotesta
things have changed in the last 24 months. Regular service and breakdown appointments are 3-4 weeks out and usually both buyers and sellers dont have that much time to hang around.

I prefer a private Porsche shop for PPI anyways. Unless you get lucky with a veteran master mechanic at the dealer, the rookie doing a PPI will probably not do as good a job as a Private Porsche Shop with years of experience.
Old 01-01-2023, 06:20 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta
Regular service and breakdown appointments are 3-4 weeks out...

I prefer a private Porsche shop...
Nothing like being self sufficient. Besides, there is nothing on any of the maintenance schedules that are difficult to perform. As for independent shops, I have seen what they have done to cars of friends...run fast.
The following users liked this post:
Watson (01-02-2023)
Old 02-01-2023, 09:28 PM
dreamcast731
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gray635
Guys:

Thanks for all the helpful comments. My friend called the LA Porsche dealer listed on the CarFax. He said the service advisor confirmed that the car had been in their shop but that no service had been done - which is not consistent with the CarFax report. . Very odd. SA would not tell my friend why the car had been in and declined to share any more information. The dealer was not interested in doing a PPI on the car, which did not surprise me.

My friend has a relative who lives in Pasadena who is a bit of a car guy. He is going to take a look at the car and try to locate a good indie to do a PPI. Pretty tough trying to buy a car all the way across the country.

I'll let you know how this turns out. I am not optimistic, but reckon we'll see.
OP, any updates or conclusion to this? I have been eyeing this one since it was posted too, but just a looker unfortunately.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:43 PM
Acropora8
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

wrong post

Last edited by Acropora8; 05-24-2023 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2023, 06:07 PM
Atheist
Racer

Received 194 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by gray635
A friend of mine has been on the hunt for a NA white/black GTS 7 MT for awhile. He has found a few, but hesitated and then lost them to another buyer.

He has found his "perfect spec" GTS for sale at a Pasadena used car lot. Here is the listing:

https://www.carsdelivered.com/vehicl...AB2A91GS122131

Here is the VIN: WP0AB2A91GS122131

A random used car lot in Pasadena strikes me as an unusual place to find a car like this for sale. But one never knows where he or she will find a jewel.

One California owner car. Clean CarFax (for whatever that is worth) with a few documented service records. Google search of the VIN reveals no red flags. The price seems reasonable, given the current market.

Does anyone here have any intel on this car? Other than the usual advice of "Get a PPI before committing", any thoughts on this one?

Thanks for any insights!
When I clicked on the link a 911 S not GTS comes up with a totally different VIN #

Quick Reply: Intel on 2016 GTS